It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Banker + Gangster = Bankster

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
This weekend i was pondering over the latest revelations in the bank bailouts and scams that have come to light... reflecting on an old thread of mind "Economic Smoke & Mirrors" and it dawned on me that we are in part baffled by all that has transpired because we lack a means in which to detect/label/describe the crux of being so blatantly hoodwinked.

Serendipitously today i stumbled upon a very insightful article, that brilliantly nailed this evasive entity.

The most interesting and revealing aspect to this inquiry is the fact that the term is not new... the last time it was in use was at it's conception, just prior to the great depression. Now how's that for a prophecy... can you say "déjà vu"?

Banker + Gangster = Bankster
I couldn't help but lift the title for this thread

[edit on 1-2-2009 by The All Seeing I]

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Pretty good but in truth, the terms are all redundant and the equation is thus a tautology.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Well ok if you insist on getting hung up on linguistics, according to Urban Dictionary:

2. Bankster

A portmanteau of "Banksy" and "gangster" meaning a person who engages in graffiti for artistic or personal reasons rather that gang related motives. Banksters usually use stencils rather than ordinary bombing. The Bankster is a subcategory of the vandal.

"Did you see the stencil that got put up on Dickson?"

"Yea it was straight up Bankster!"

[edit on 1-2-2009 by The All Seeing I]

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
For those word geeks out there

"Bankster" is what is known as a portmanteau word, defined by Wikipedia as "a word formed by blending sounds from two or more distinct words and combining their meanings". Other examples include Wikipedia (Wiki + encyclopedia), brunch (breakfast + lunch), Brangelina (Brad + Angelina), and chocoholic (chocolate + alchoholic).

also interesting to note... Bankster made it's way into the Gawker Glossary as it's first official entry.

[edit on 2-2-2009 by The All Seeing I]

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Feeble little me didn't even need wiki to understand 'Bankster'.

The word fits like a glove.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   

We need Wierd Al Yankovic to remake this video.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by The All Seeing I

Here in the US the Banksters really got rolling back in 1913 at
a little social gathering on Jekyll Island.

Jekyll Island - Foundation of the Federal Reserve by stealth

Excerpt:

Forbes magazine founder Bertie Charles Forbes wrote several years later: Picture a party of the nation's greatest bankers stealing out of New York on a private railroad car under cover of darkness, stealthily riding hundred of miles South, embarking on a mysterious launch, sneaking onto an island deserted by all but a few servants, living there a full week under such rigid secrecy that the names of not one of them was once mentioned, lest the servants learn the identity and disclose to the world this strangest, most secret expedition in the history of American finance. I am not romancing; I am giving to the world, for the first time, the real story of how the famous Aldrich currency report, the foundation of our new currency system, was written... The utmost secrecy was enjoined upon all.

And that pretty much sums up how we were sold down the river.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Bingo... you nailed it...

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Found a great artsy-fartsy montage, appropriately labeled "Bankster",
that puts a lot into perspective...

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
On the episode "Economic Collapse by Design" the Real Story with Daniel Happnie.

At 6:44 Happnie parphrases Thomas Jeffereson quote:

If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.

at 7:14 he uses "bankster" in his mob analogy, to describe the banking practices that had caused our current state in economy.

Happnie does an excellent job of explaining in laymen's terms what has taken place.

Google Video Link

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
The true mobsters of our modern day... the real 'untouchables'.

Leading Democrats: Congress, Senate Owned And Run By Bankers

Those who created the banking crisis are also the most powerful lobby on Capitol Hill

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Farrakhan gives his flock a history lesson on The Banksters

Powerful inspiring stuff.

top topics

join