It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No one can make more than the president

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
So i was watching cspan yesterday in the early morning and saw some footage of the previous day where a speaker was talking about a bill that if passed would limit the income of any person in America to that of the president. I have been trying to find information about this but have not been able to. If anyone has any links or information they can post that would be helpful.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
That has to be a joke or a left wing looney's wishful thinking. The govt doesn't have the right, authority or power to limit anyone's income if they are making it legally.

Do you think America's best and brightest would continue to take risks and put their best foot forward if they knew 400k a year was all they would make?

I'm sure lots of bug businesses would move out of the US.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Echotebarknwhale

Here you go:

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

WASHINGTON (CNN) — One day after President Barack Obama ripped Wall Street executives for their "shameful" decision to hand out $18 billion in bonuses in 2008, Congress may finally have had enough. An angry U.S. senator introduced legislation Friday to cap compensation for employees of any company that accepts federal bailout money. Under the terms of a bill introduced by Sen. Claire McCaskill, D-Missouri, no employee would be allowed to make more than the president of the United States.

As you can see, it refers to employees of companies that receive a bailout. To suggest that it might apply to all Americans would be the beginning of the end of Capitalism.

[edit on 2/1/2009 by sad_eyed_lady]

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
The actual proposal was that no executive for any company receiving bailout funds could make more than the president or more than $4000,000.00.

I saw it on Lou Dobbs on CNN Friday night, but I can't find any links to the story on the web.

I like the idea, though....

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I would be perfectly fine with 400k, don't know about the rest of you.
I'm actually reaching high hoping for 100k, in this economy.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
This is ridiculous, and it would never happen.

The first time you put a cap of any sort on income limits in this country, you can kiss America goodbye. People will no longer have the drive to invent things or better things, and if they do, they'll be selling their ideas to other countries, or moving their jobs there entirely.

Another liberal wet dream.

God help us all now that these idiots are in control.

new topics

top topics

join