It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"U2U Flood control is in effect"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Can I say that this is by far the most annoying thing about this site?

You have to post something like 20 times to earn the right to "chat". Why not the same for U2U's. That way you can know its not a spam bot and I can reply to more than one U2U every 5 minutes.

Seriously. It stinks and needs to be removed.

...thoughts??

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by spliff4020

I agree, it's annoying.
But I think it's because some viruses can go into your accounts and post hundreds of times a minute. The flood control ensures that if you get a virus or your account somehow gets hacked, then the site stays safe without spamming.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13

I agree, it's annoying.
But I think it's because some viruses can go into your accounts and post hundreds of times a minute. The flood control ensures that if you get a virus or your account somehow gets hacked, then the site stays safe without spamming.

so it gets reported, the OP gets banned and I can reply a little faster.

it stinks.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Actually it's 20 posts to use the u2u's, and 150 to use the Chat (chat room).

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by enjoies05

Actually it's 20 posts to use the u2u's, and 150 to use the Chat (chat room).

well even still...

was there some event the predated this, or is this some relic from the internet of yesteryears. I cant see a virus being passed from a u2u. Just seems silly to me.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I am thinking that with the warning sign you have in your avatar right now, and the mood you probably are in, you should be grateful that you can't send about 100 U2Us in a couple of minuts.

Sometimes a little time to calm down may be a good thing, you know.
No offence.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by sebarud
I am thinking that with the warning sign you have in your avatar right now, and the mood you probably are in, you should be grateful that you can't send about 100 U2Us in a couple of minuts.

Sometimes a little time to calm down may be a good thing, you know.
No offence.

Well thank you very much! If you want I can forward the apology that the mod sent me with it. Dont worry about my warning flag.

I was sent about 10 messages in my inbox. I can only respond to one every 5 minutes. Thats dumb.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I think the boards are what this site is about, the u2u function is just really for maybe clearing something up or messages... If you really need to bash it out with someone go for a messenger app or something.

my tuppence

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
The ATS staff and owners appreciate all feedback be it criticism or praise. Obviously in this case it's criticism so I would like to direct you to the The ATS Issues Thread where all these concerns should be expressed. I will be closing this thread and look forward to you making your viewpoint known in the proper thread listed above.

Thank you so much for your understanding.

Regards,
The ATS Staff

Closing

new topics

top topics

join