It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you think heaven looks like if you belive it exists?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 10:55 PM
link   
If you belive that heaven, hell, the devil, and God exist how do you think heaven looks like other than the description in the Bible?

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Maybe this should be in the chit chat forum, but w/e.

I think heaven is what you make it. One persons heaven is another one's hell. There is no one heaven for everyone, IMO.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustAnIllusion
Maybe this should be in the chit chat forum, but w/e.

I think heaven is what you make it. One persons heaven is another one's hell. There is no one heaven for everyone, IMO.

Very true. Now, isn't your signature supposed to be written on the gates of Hell according to some belief system? Just curious :O

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Our own "heavens" as shown to us by Hubble is a never
ending, awesome, changing, dynamic, and incredible
macrocosmos.

Its the same artist. His next "artwork" will of course
be a second "Masterpiece".

Can't wait to experiance it. And you?

/\/ight\/\/ing

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I will post the answer to your question, if there is internet connection in heaven.

For hell *ask you know who*

Seriously, I think heaven, logically would be only in your mind. Only in your mind can everything go right.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Tak the good things you like about life.

Good friendships...
Interesting learning experiences...
Enjoyable fulfilling work
Satisfying personal development

etc etc, its all gonna be there...

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Our own "heavens" as shown to us by Hubble is a never
ending, awesome, changing, dynamic, and incredible
macrocosmos.

Its the same artist. His next "artwork" will of course
be a second "Masterpiece".

Can't wait to experiance it. And you?

I knew God was a surrealist.

I don't know if I believe in Heaven or Hell, I would hope that Heaven would never be boring and Hell would be a dry heat.

SPiderj

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I think that heaven, from the outside, looks exactly like a singularity inside of a black hole (good luck with trying to find a picture of that). From the inside, I would speculate that heaven, like the astral plane, would be the manifestations of your own personal interpretations of your surroundings.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 02:54 AM
link   
in the words of oldschool: It looks "GLORIOUS"!!!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I'm a spiritualist so my belief is that an afterlife (not heaven or hell) comprimises many differing levels and has a lot to do with the state of the disincarnate mind/spirit/soul. There are heavenly realms and hellish ones too, none of them are you permanently stuck in, they are just stages in a spiritual progression which you move through. Sprirtualists believe that on passing most reasonably good people go to a level which is earthlike, meet up with loved ones and friends and stay until they feel the need to move on. Bad or evil people will go to darker, more hell like levels until such time as they learn from their mistakes and can progress onwards. Reincarnation may have it's part to play in this too.

BTW I'm stating this as my belief, not as a fact. Other people have their own path to tread on this one.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Well i think heaven is a wonderful place where you have a mansion get what you want, do what you want, and get to look like what you want and live forever in hapiness

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by lilblam
Very true. Now, isn't your signature supposed to be written on the gates of Hell according to some belief system? Just curious :O

Actually I got it from Inferno the poem by Dante Alighieri. An Italian author considered one of the greatest poets in all literature, 1265-1321.

Heres the poem if your interested.

The customs and fashions of men change like leaves on the bough, some of which go and others come.

The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis.

We must overact our part in some measure, in order to produce any effect at all.

Let us not speak of them; but look, and pass on.

O conscience, upright and stainless, how bitter a sting to thee is a little fault!

Do ye not comprehend that we are worms born to bring forth the angelic butterfly that flieth unto judgment without screen?

A great flame follows a little spark.

All hope abandon, ye who enter here!

Consider your origin; you were not born to live like brutes, but to follow virtue and knowledge.

He listens well who takes notes.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 07:10 AM
link   
And he who talked with me had a gold reed to measure the city, its gates, and its wall. The city is laid out as a square; its length is as great as its breadth. And he measured the city with the reed: twelve thousand furlongs. Its length, breadth, and height are equal (Rev. 21:15,16).

Also she had a great and high wall with twelve gates, and twelve angels at the gates, and names written on them, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel . . . . The twelve gates were twelve pearls; each individual gate was of one pearl. And the street of the city was pure gold, like transparent glass (Rev. 21:12,21).

And he showed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding from the throne of God and of the Lamb (Rev. 22:1).

And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away (Rev. 21:4).

The city had no need of the sun or of the moon to shine in it, for the glory of God illuminated it. The Lamb is its light. And the nations of those who are saved shall walk in its light, and the kings of the earth bring their glory and honor into it. Its gates shall not be shut at all by day (there shall be no night there) (Rev. 21:23-25).

"Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God" (Rev. 21:3).

And there shall be no more curse, but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it, and His servants shall serve Him (Rev. 22:3).

I really hope this is it !!! or even better.

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I said exept the description in the Bible

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 11:37 PM
link   
From the reading I've done, I understand "Heaven" or The spirit world as I call it looks like an endless expanse of beautiful garden with a huge glistening marble city and endless countryside where those in the spirit world (between lives) reside and continue to learn lessons from past lives before incarnating again.

I understand it to be sunny and beautiful and a place where everyone is at peace. Except for those few tortured souls who are seperated from the rest of the populace of course.

Mostly, the spirit world is supposed to look the way you expect it to. You see what you want/need to see in order to smooth your transition.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   
remember when jesus said that the "kingdom of heaven is in you and all around you", so heaven and hell would be a condition of mind and the places on earth. for me, living in my birth place of poverty is hell, now living in the suburbs of california is heaven. for condition of mind, depression and sadness in hell and happiness is heaven.

but if you are talking about a real place, then i guess heaven would be a place where we can do whatever we want, to live out our perfect dream. "one man's heaven is another man's hell", that statement is very true.

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I believe heaven is a place where all your dreams come true (not the sinful ones). Hell is a place filled with your nightmares.

new topics

top topics

join