It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's 9/11/01, You're the President, What do you do?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Hey Kids,

I hope this is the right forum for this (if it's not please move it) However, I was listening to old rado broadcasts from around 2002 and I was blown away with the state of mind this country was in at the time. The old radio broadcasts had a host I admire and generally considered to be fair minded, however he was advocating some pretty wild things against islamic people and the middle east. The callers into the show were in a near state of hysteria claiming everything from god was responsible for 9/11 to advocating pre-emptive nuclear strikes on the middle east. It really is crazy to think about the state of America and American in that time period in the immediate after 9/11. The thing that got my though about these radio broadcasts is that after all the talk the host said something to the effect of "In these times what would you do?" That really got me thinking.

So I ask you the ATS faithful to assume George W. Bush never existed. You're the President of the United States, what you would've done that day in the school house in Flordia and successive years following.

(This isn't a pro-Bush or anti-Bush thread. I personally think the man is a criminal and deserves jail time or worse. But let's keep this thread as intellectual and on topic as possible.)

I'm excited to read your thoughts.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Of course I am not an expert on diplomacy, nor do I have access to the military Intel that he had, but with that in mind I would have ordered the countries with connections to what happened to hand over their radicals or face air strikes, embargoes, and Naval blockades, starting with Saudi Arabia. Obviously Afghanistan would still have to be invaded as they had no true form of government to hold accountable in that way. I certainly would not have invaded Iraq over it, however, as that simply made more enemies for us and slanted world opinion against us.

Just my opinion.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
On that day, I would have apologized to the kids, and left immediately.

I would have been on Air Force One, directing FEMA to respond as needed to the national emergency.
All transport would be halted, all aircraft grounded.

That evening I would have made a televised announcement explaining that a full investigation was to be carried out.

In the following weeks, I would have hired a team of investigators with a proven track record from every other nation but my own. I would have given them everything they wanted or needed to come to a conclusion.

I would request updates from this team every few hours.

As soon as they had established that the MOST LIKELY SCENARIO was that a group within my own government had planned this event, I would have had the offices of the CIA and FBI controlled by military, all staff to be detained.

Every employee of the CIA and FBI would be investigated. All black projects halted until the end of the investigations.

In the following years, a system like that of Jury selection would be used to request members of the public be involved in the investigations headed by the international team. In turn they would periodically update a website with information on what what they were doing on behalf of the American people.

Information on other projects would be filtered through the international team before reaching the public of course.

Afghanistan would not be invaded. Iraq would not be invaded. This would be beneficial to homeland security and decrease the chances of being attacked in the future in retaliation for invading either.

I state the above after thinking about it for ten minutes, and on the understanding that as far as I am concerned, there is far more evidence to suggest that this was a false-flag operation by a group within the US than there is to suggest that it was conducted by a group trained in, and financed from, another nation.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I would immediately have grounded all aircraft--given them a set amout of time to land or remain in a taxying line.

Airforce and Navy jets would NOT be standing down they would be circling major cities.

Difficult choice to make, but any plane that was not in compliance with this after a warning would be intercepted.

Afterwards it is more difficult to say. Looking back and remembering just how chaotic this period was I think SOME of the knee-jerk reactions would have been justified, but they should not have gone on as long as they have.

I would have stepped up airport security--not by hassling the passengers but by arming pilots, stewards, and implementing air marshals on every commercial flight.

I would have denounced the *individuals* who did this attack and traced them back to their country of origin, then given the governments of that nation and any sympathizers the chance to expedite them rather than attack. I would *not* have started the This-religion-versus-that-religion nonsense or started these two wards. (That is assuming for a moment it wasn't an inside job.)

I would have cared better for the first responders and familial survivors.

Other than that--I am not too sure. I don't think there would really have been a way to appropriately respond to this, without stepping on someone's idea of liberty.

OH yes, and the souther border would be closed. Period.

[edit on 1-2-2009 by asmeone2]

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I'd nuke the entirie middle east

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Bald Champion

I'd nuke the entirie middle east

You terrorist.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Knowing what I know now, I would do nothing different.

America has been safe from another 9/11 type attack for over 7 years...why try something different?

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I might do the same as history tells us was done.

Find Osama Bin Laden cause he said the US would be attacked and
did nothing to prevent it.

Osama was in Afghanistan training troops with his Globalstar satellite
phone until it got leaked it had GPS to target him.
Then any one with that phone was shot.
Finally Clinton was getting pressure to go after Osama.
Osama camps were bombed by Clinton, after he was convinced in doing so
would get him saved him from Impeachment.

G Bush got in after eliminating competition down to the last vote
in the electoral college, went into the White House under riot control
as shown in Fahrenheit 911, did nothing for awhile as Enron passed us
by with their phony Global Energy management plans and sprung into
action after 911 hunting Osama finally in Afghanistan.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
911 would not have happened if I was Pres as I would not have waged a black ops attack on my country for power and profit

I would have been a good Pres who honors our country's laws and people and,upholds the constitution

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Question for the OP: What if I knew exactly what was going to happen on 9/11 before it happened?

Answer: I would set up a nice photo op at a school reading to children, prepare a good speech the night before and start signing away individual freedoms.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Its 9/09/01,and i'm the President making a Special Surprise National Broadcast to the American people,warning that their Government and other Hidden Forces are planning a False Flag attack to begin their Global Domination plan.In this broadcast,the American people are not warned what day the attacks will come.

9/10/01,I,the President,assassinated a day after making the National Broadcast.

9/11/01,The 'Terrorist" Attacks on the WTC are carried out.

Moral of the Story-God's Will is going to be done regardless of who's in office.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I would have immediately ordered a full scale unrestricted military invasion of Saudi Arabia where most of the hijackers came from and offered a substantial reward in the millions for Osamas head.

On top of that there would be a lot of sackings over in NORAD and the intelligence agencys.

Oh and I wouldn't go for any of this rebuilding nonsense I'd destroy the country sieze the wells and leave them fighting each other for food.

top topics

join