It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Independent Media in a Time of War

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Please watch these videos. I know she's talking about the media during the Iraq war but it still applies right now. This is amazing and frightening.

Also, while I was watching the above video, listening to her talk about Saddam Hussein, I began to think how completely effed up it was what we did. I know I'm going to get flamed for saying this. He was an evil man, yes. But we didn't care how many people he killed or tortured before he started screwing with our oil profits.

What I'm trying to say about that is, most of us hated Bush and in a lot of ways he's just like Saddam Hussein, but imagine another country invading us, taking Bush out of office and hanging him. No matter how much you hate him he's still our leader. I just think it's messed up, I know a lot of you won't agree with me but I don't care.

Anyway, here's the rest of the film:

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I have satellite and if I watch the news it's almost always democracy now. They're pretty unbiased. Nice video clips

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Yeah I love Amy Goodman, she does a lot of good.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Somehow i think my view on the media as a whole has been tainted from the past decade of disinformation and media slander. I find it hard to trust any one news agency or corp with reporting unbiased and objective thinking journalism, without having some A-Hole at the top telling them what they should think.

Then again, i do mostly watch the Onion for pure entertainment value.

I do agree with you OP, Saddam was a bad person, But American had no right to go in there.

Ohh and Americans didn't hang them, he was tried in a federal court and hanged by his own ex-henchmen.

I'm at odds with alot of what the US has done during the Bush era, but removing him was a good idea at the time.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I knew for the past maybe year that the news was full of BS, but until the whole Israeli-Gaza conflict happened I still watched Keith Olbermann and Rachel Maddow. Now I can't even watch, after the Gaza invasion, I'm disgusted and the bias is so obvious.

top topics

join