It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands Of UFO's On Our Skies! Now!! On NASA Feed!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jinni

Originally posted by John Matrix

Originally posted by ::.mika.::
reply to post by John Matrix

this pnl bull# is a serious matter, with your comment you might not encourage people that don't know about this insanity to look into it to understand what it is.
that's how my attention got caught.

anyway

bright blue sky in india,
no craft here

Sorry I asked for an explanation.

It seems your PLAN 'A' to to deter people via NLP failed so now you are resorting to PLAN 'B' and trying to derail this thread.

Not I!! It is a few others who wish to make something from my question, for what reason I am not sure.

Make sure you sort this all out before placing blame on me!!

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by BorgHoffen

Originally posted by John Matrix
does anyone on here have a real job?

Probably not as many as this time last year, have you seen the state of the economy?

And what these things are is an interesting mystery.
Although we have many guesses.

They could be image anomalies.
They could be meteors.
They could be Islands.
They could be boats.
They could be Chinese lanterns.

They could be absolutely nothing.

They are all just guesses.

One thing for sure, they look very weird.

I agree it needs investigating.
BTW: Boats don't make wakes through high clouds. Airplanes don't leave a trail of open sky behind them as they pass through clouds either....at least not that I ever seen, and I lived near a busy airport for 40 yrs, often observing flight paths of planes in low and high clouds.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by John Matrix

Chinese lanterns as big as a few city blocks....not likely either.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackphotohobby
reply to post by r00ster

To me they look like a result of processing or generation of the MODIS sensor data, rather than anything suspect.

Can you explain how so? I does seem like a good theory and I would like to hear more if there is any additional info or facts about this.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Rectangular objects at

Latitude 46.85
Longitude 45.16

Very interesting although could just be a glitch.
You need to zoom in close to see them.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Just in case any adullts want to know the gist of this thread without reading through all the M&M comments, here goes. The OP has saved some very interesting screenshots from various sources of objects in our atmosphere. I will post the most compelling one below, along with a link which includes a short clip of similar objects cruising in similar formations over the White House in 1952.

Link to the White House UFO flap of 1952.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by LucidDreamer85

Originally posted by jackphotohobby
reply to post by r00ster

To me they look like a result of processing or generation of the MODIS sensor data, rather than anything suspect.

Can you explain how so? I does seem like a good theory and I would like to hear more if there is any additional info or facts about this.

It's a technical subject and without spending ages referencing this don't take it as gospel. So I'd encourage anyone to look this up themselves or consult experts.

The way that digital sensors work is by counting units of whatever they're designed to collect. In the case of digital camera sensors that's mostly visible light (provided it's got an IR filter - some cameras notably Leica digital cameras don't). In the case of MODIS it's quite different:

en.wikipedia.org...

It picks up spectral bands which are far more specific than general purpose photography. See the above link.

Errors can be introduced in a number of ways with image sensors:

Amp noise - this is the noise caused by the amplification of the signal from the sensor
Moire noise - this is caused by the regular spacing of 'pixels' on sensors
Lens and sensor problems - occasionally both can be thrown by dust
Exposure problems - the 'highlights' (the strongest parts of the image) exceeding the range of the sensor, underexposed areas gaining noise
Heat - sensors get hot - this can lead to 'dead pixels' and other noise
Aliasing - a techie subject - search for it

Those errors are complicated by the was the data is processed to put together a human viewable image.

The processing software may further introduce problems because it can't necessarily clean up all of the errors that can creep-in. The data with MODIS is designed for scientific analysis - not only to be used like a conventional visible light reconnaissance photo. MODIS doesn't see like we or a normal camera sees.

edit:

Also, in this case, possibly transmission error:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 2-2-2009 by jackphotohobby]

[edit on 2-2-2009 by jackphotohobby]

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by HaveSeen4Myself

Thanks for posting the photo again.

Some people still think we are looking at rectangular objects which are really just digital pixel "drop outs" from the photos.

The oblects in the photo you posted again for us are obviously real, and are obviously disrupting the cloud cover.

Thanks Again!

[edit on 2/2/09 by John Matrix]

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

The colored ones are M&Ms. Artifacts of the imaging process.

The bright ones are most likely critters, with a 50% probability. Other factors could be unknown atmospheric/geologic phenomena.

Critters are water vapor tied together with electric fields and they feed of electrical energy.

You are a sack of water tied together with electric fields and feed of chemical reactions, which are ultimately electrical in nature.

What is so far fetched? Better than Nazi saucers, ETs, an alien invasion...

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by HaveSeen4Myself
Just in case any adullts want to know the gist of this thread without reading through all the M&M comments, here goes. The OP has saved some very interesting screenshots from various sources of objects in our atmosphere.

Okay, you wanna go there,right. I'll play!!

First up. The OP wasn't talking about these pics, he was talking about those hunderds of thousands of colred dots you can see in every cloud.
As a matter of fact it was HackBart who came up with the non-colored dots that seem to deform clouds.

post by hackbart

So before calling me inmature do your homework and notice my posts are directed at the OP or members i've been fooling around with. You wanna explain those non-colored dots....fine!!

This thread is about colored dots period!!!

Peace......

(i still say it's m&m's)

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Hey there.

I just wanted to say that, that photo and the things that are in it are incredible.
Absolutely Brilliant .

Im gonna save it as my desktop background . Awesome find

Definitely one of my favorite shots

Omega

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jackphotohobby

That could be true if it explains the bright areas where the clouds part only on one end.

So without going into deep technical explanations, what is your hunch?

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   

I think what we are doing is differentiating between the M&Ms and other stuff. And (unfortunately for the OP?) the other stuff is even more interesting. However I don't think it is an attempt to belittle or discredit the OP. It is just the way the cookie crumbled

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   

MODIS detects hotspots by looking in the infrared. In the imagery available at.
rapidfire.sci.gsfc.nasa.gov...
fires and other hot spots appear as red dots. These are typically clustered near populated areas.

we can see these dots in areas where there are clouds, because the pixels stand out against the white background. Over color-saturated terrain, they blend-in and are not obvious. You can, however, see them in snow-covered areas, and they line-up nicely with populated areas.

link   
reply to post by Matyas

Oh i know. Point is HaveSeen4Myself called me inmature and that just got the better of me and i lost my cool.....sorry 'bout that.

I've been ignoring these photo's by HackBart because this was not what the OP was talking about. But all respect to HackBart and i'll drop the M&M's now.

On with the phenomenon HackBart found at

49° 45' 10" S, 25° 21' 48" W

Peace.....

[edit on 2/2/2009 by operation mindcrime]

link   
Here is those objects I was on about here:

There may be a very simple explanation for these

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matyas
reply to post by jackphotohobby

_javascript:center()
That could be true if it explains the bright areas where the clouds part only on one end.

So without going into deep technical explanations, what is your hunch?

It's just a hunch but I think it's errors either in the processing or the capturing of the image. Could be caused by any number of things. A second, less likely (IMHO) possibility is that they're some kind of calibration marks denoting some property of the images. I don't buy UFO simply because the sensors are designed to pick up very specific things.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
The objects are still there, which means they're probably stationary:

(click on the picture to see the fullsize)

My guess goes towards underwater volcanos, which could emit hot air or gas. This would defiantly cause disturbances in the clouds, and would also explain the size of them.

Planes, island and ships can be ruled out. Planes or ships can't have such a big effect on clouds, and the're also no islands around this area, which are big enough to cause this.

[edit on 2-2-2009 by hackbart]

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
regarding the small colored dots in the clouds,

MODIS detects hotspots by looking in the infrared. In the imagery available at.
rapidfire.sci.gsfc.nasa.gov...
fires and other hot spots appear as red dots. These are typically clustered near populated areas.

in flashearth, we can see these dots in areas where there are clouds, because the pixels stand out against the white background. Over color-saturated terrain, they blend-in and are not obvious. You can, however, see them in snow-covered areas, and they line-up nicely with populated locations.

[edit on 2-2-2009 by zerotensor]

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Btw, it wasn't me who spotted the cloud disturbances. It was posted by arizonascott on page 4.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join