It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the Bible predict the World Trade Center terrorist attacks?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Revalations 11: AND there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein.
2 But the court wich is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.
3 And i will give power unto to my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.
4 These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before God of the Earth.
5 And if any man will hurt them, fir proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed.
6 These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the daysof their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plauges, as often as they will.
7 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascebdeth out of the bottomles pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.
8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the streets of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom, and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.
9 And they of the people and the kindreds and tounges and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and a half, and shall not suffer their dead bodie to be put in garves.
10 And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.
Ok the part with the two candle sticks and the two olive trees could be reffering to the two towers. It said that the bodies are lying on the streets for three days. The bodies of the dead were lying on the streets for 3 days, and finally it says that 'they' (muslims ofcourse) will rejoice and send gifts to one another. Well this certanily talk about the muslims because they did rejoice after the news. It was even on T.V. Do what do you think? Is this the prediction of the terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center on September 11th?

[Edited on 12-4-2004 by AD5673]

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Ok, first off, you must really dig the book of revelations or something.

I do not think that the bible predicts the world trade center disasters. First of all, the things you just referenced there were far too vague to satisfy me in nearly anything along the lines of predictions. Even if it were clear, I would still have issues with this. The texts used in the bible do not directly translate into English. That means that everything you see written in an English version of the bible is an interpretation so to speak. Some person just like you or me decided how to write that. It is not an exact quote.

I see no evidence at all to support a prediction in the bible (for the world trade center attacks).

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Ok, first off, you must really dig the book of revelations or something.

My sister found it.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 01:24 AM
link   
In bible code it does, it say Bin laden, twin towers, crash , plane, twice, and then the date it happened.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by infovacume
In bible code it does, it say Bin laden, twin towers, crash , plane, twice, and then the date it happened.

Challenge #3 for infovacume. Lets debate the validity of bible code.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Rev 11:3-4
3 "And I will give power to my two witnesses, and they will prophesy one thousand two hundred and sixty days, clothed in sackcloth."
4 These are the two olive trees and the two lampstands standing before the God of the earth.
(NKJ)

First of all its says that the two lamp stands and olive trees are the two witnesses.
In the context of previous verses these two witnesses will be in Jerusalem (the holy city, rev 11:2).

Rev 11:8
8 And their dead bodies will lie in the street of the great city which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.
(NKJ)

The dead bodies that lie in the street for three days are the two witnesses, not thousands of crushed bodies. It also says that they lie dead in the city that Jesus was crucified. Jesus certainly wasn't crucified in New York.

Rev 11:10
10 And those who dwell on the earth will rejoice over them, make merry, and send gifts to one another, because these two prophets tormented those who dwell on the earth.
(NKJ)

'Those who dwell on the earth will rejoice'. It dosn't say muslims, its says 'those who dwell on the earth'. This is everybody who has been decieved and is loyal to the Anit-Christ.

The bible is not open for interpretation, every word has to be looked at carefully.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I have the King James version of the Bible and in every Bible it says the thing a little differently.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by AD5673
I have the King James version of the Bible and in every Bible it says the thing a little differently.

8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.
(KJV)

8 And their dead bodies will lie in the street of the great city which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.
(NKJ)

8 Their bodies will lie in the street of the great city, which is figuratively called Sodom and Egypt, where also their Lord was crucified.
(NIV)

8 And their dead bodies [will lie] in the street of the great city which mystically is called Sodom and Egypt, where also their Lord was crucified.
(NAS)

The translations may differ in the way they structure the grammar, but they essentially say the same thing.
The Old King James is a good translation if you can get past all the old english. I prefer to use the New King James and the New American Standard Bible.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Why is nobody looking at Rev 9:11??????

If I had time I'd LOVE to debate the validity of the Bible Code.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Rev 9:11
11 And they had as king over them the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in Hebrew is Abaddon, but in Greek he has the name Apollyon.
(NKJ)

This verse is apart of the discription of the freaky locust plague that has yet to come. It is the fifth trumpet. The trumpet judgements are in chronological order, meaning the other four have to occur first.

I don't see the significance of 9:11 in this verse.
You can't read into the text. Interpret it in context, by that I mean take in account the verses surrounding that verse.

As for the bible code, I didn't think anybody still took it seriously, no offence.

The codes, while they look fantastic and highly improbable, are actually just the random result of placing thousands of letters into a matrix. The matrix can also have many different dimensions, and the possible combinations of letters one can make is very large. Most of what the matrix produces will be garbage (junk like �xopeqwrut', which is not a meaningful word). It is inevitable that the matrix will produce many words, and, as hard as it might be for people to accept, the matrix will also produce astonishing combinations of words in close proximity. This is as true of War and Peace or Moby Dick, as it is of the Masoretic text of the Bible.
This Excerpt is from...

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seapeople

Originally posted by infovacume

Challenge #3 for infovacume. Lets debate the validity of bible code.

Sure bring it, I already know what you are going to say, and I already have the answers, do you know my supporting thesis , and do you already know what you are going to say.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I could never answer that question for sure, but I know my arguments yes, and I feel as if I know what you are going to say. AS a matter of fact, the more I think about these things, the more ideas pop into my head. I'd be impressed if you could refute them with anything other than nonsense.

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Isaiah 30:25
And there shall be upon every high mountain, and upon every high hill, rivers and streams of waters in the day of the great slaughter, when the towers fall.

My own opinion. Water is symbolic for the Holy Spirit, the event of 9/11 got many people's attention and some searching for God has come about and as a result many have probably accepted Christ. And I'm sure alot of people trapped in those towers did alot of soul searching and came to Christ before they died. Some christians were probably trapped in there and lead others to Christ before it was too late.

Daniel 9:11 The word for curse in that verse in the original language is "alah"

Haggai chapter 2 is the 911th chapter of the Bible. vs 7 And I will shake the nations, and the desire of all nations shall come(Jesus)........

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 08:45 PM
link   
In verse 3, the anonymous voice speaking to John takes on a kind of personality: And I will give power to my two witnesses. This can only be the voice of God, for God is clearly the source of the witnesses' authority, yet the voice goes on to speak in the third person of the Lord of the earth (v. 4), a breath of life from God (v. 11) and the God of heaven (v. 13). This is characteristic of many biblical oracles in which God speaks through a prophet, partly from God's own perspective in heaven and partly from that of the prophet who delivers the message on earth. The oracle does not end after verse 4 (where the NIV and the NRSV end it with their quotation marks), but continues to the end of the sixth trumpet and the announcement of the third woe (v. 14). This is God's voice speaking through John, as John fulfills his commission to prophesy again about many peoples, nations, languages and kings (10:11; compare every people, tribe, language and nation, 11:9).

Who are John's "two witnesses"? Identifications have been varied and sometimes eccentric, ranging from the apostles Peter and Paul martyred in Rome, to two seventeenth-century London tailors named John Reeve and Lodowick Muggleton! The latter interpretation created a sect known as the Muggletonians, which lasted for three hundred years. In America, the Shakers identified the witnesses as the male and female aspects of God, linked both to Christ's first coming (as Jesus of Nazareth) and second coming (as Mother Ann Lee, founder of the Shakers).

The context suggests that in some way the testimony of the two witnesses corresponds to John's own. In 10:11 he is told to prophesy, and in 11:3, 6 he describes the witnesses doing just that. By referring to them as the two olive trees and the two lampstands (v. 4), he recalls a vision of Zechariah (Zech 4:2-3), with the accompanying message, "`Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,' says the LORD Almighty" (Zech 4:6). Olive trees (with their oil) and lampstands (with their light) are appropriate images for the Spirit of God, and John has already used lampstands as a metaphor for the seven congregations to which he writes. The witnesses, therefore, should be understood as vehicles of the Holy Spirit, representing Christian prophecy or the church in its prophetic ministry to the world, whether in John's time or ours.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
On the contrary I see a great deal of evidence to support a prediction in the Bible for the World Trade Center attacks, especially when one takes into consideration the subject of corporate personhood, a legal fiction whereby a corporation is a person and as such entitled to many of the same provisions under the Constitution as you and I. Through corporate personhood the two witnesses are both men as well as corporate buildings in New York. Now take a closer look at these two witnesses. They represent peace and light, they stand before the God of the earth, not the God of heaven, and yet anyone who tries to harm them, they kill. They have the power to enforce economic sanctions, to bomb, and to strike the earth with every plague as often as they want all the while prophesying in sackcloth. These are not nice men. How anyone could confuse them for men of God is beyond me. They are attacked; their bodies lie in the street of the great city, where also their Lord was impaled. Who is their Lord? World Trade. And in the hour of their attack there was a great earthquake, a tenth of the city collapsed, thousands of people were killed, and the survivors were terrified. The Bible even uses the same buzzwords; two witnesses, collapse, terror.

top topics

join