It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

African Union creates new 'authority'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   

African Union creates new 'authority'

www.news.com.au

THE African Union Commission will be transformed into a new AU Authority, as a compromise step toward eventually forming a continent-wide government, the bloc announced today.

The decision came after a divisive day of talks on whether to create a new government for a "United States of Africa," a move championed by Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Another step towards the New World Order?

The United States of Africa. As if that isn't a play words and a slap in the face to part of the 'free' Western World. Creating a bigger institution, more centralised government is exactly the thing that the average person on the street doesn't need.

The EU is already in place. The NAU isn't far off and now we'll have the USA2. Look out for Asia's turn, to be lead by China and then we'll be closer to being a one world government.

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Pretty much, I'd been waiting for this one to finish...still not sure how the Asian Union will be pulled off. Putin isn't being very cooperative with TPTB in regards to the NWO from what I've seen.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Nice catch! Starred and Flagged!

Most of my community will remain blissfully unaware that this union has taken place, nor what it means to the people of Africa. I wonder if they had a "choice" in the matter? Will the African institution have a standing army? Will the UN recognize as a singular entity?

Questions, questions, and I wonder who will answer?

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Actually for the security and prosperity of the whole continent, it might be a good idea for them to unite the countries under one government.

For too long the people of Africa have suffered under tyrants and militants. Have been plagued with disease, and genocide for simple things like food.

It may be a step towards OWG but for the sake of those people, if they could find some leadership and begin to build and rebuild the places that need it, we could see a very productive and positive place arise in the next few decades.

~Keeper

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Do the Africans ever have a choice in what goes on? I feel so bad for Africa, it's completely controlled by its government, they never have a say in what decisions are made.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Why in the hell would the wealther countries in Africa basically merge with the very poor ones ?

I can not see why the 5-10 wealth nations in Africa would merge with the 40 something poor nation states within the continent.

Also how would you get everybody to get along africa was alreadu f'ed up with the creation of the borders having nothing to do with the different ethnicities in the areas.

@ tothetenthpower,

creating one large nation wont help the problems that are there you will eventually have one person come top power and they will be a dictator only a matter of time.

[edit on 1-2-2009 by jatsc]

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Total Reality
reply to post by Maxmars

Do the Africans ever have a choice in what goes on? I feel so bad for Africa, it's completely controlled by its government, they never have a say in what decisions are made.

as opposed to....???

as opposed to having the illusion that you do?.....???

-

top topics

join