It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"General Motors to Invest $1 Billion in Brazil Operations - Money to Come from U.S. Rescue Program

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
The Future

Watch this 3min video on the Ford Camacari Plant in Brazil. State of the art robotics..efficient supplier integration. Decide whether you believe we will ever see a US auto renaissance in Detroit.

Then, if you haven't already, read this letter from Big 3 supplier Gregory Knox, to GM president Troy Clarke.

Snips:

"In response to your request to contact legislators and ask for a bailout for the Big Three automakers please consider the following, and please pass my thoughts on to Troy Clarke, President of General Motors North America."

"Politicians and Management of the Big 3 are both infected with the same entitlement mentality that has spread like cancerous germs in UAW halls for the last countless decades, and whose plague is now sweeping this nation...."

"Don’t even think about telling me I’m wrong. Don’t accuse me of not knowing of what I speak. I have called on Ford, GM, Chrysler, TRW, Delphi, Kelsey Hayes, American Axle and countless other automotive OEM’s throughout the Midwest during the past 30 years and what I’ve seen over those years in these union shops can only be described as disgusting."

Text

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Damn them, and to think i liked chevys..i kinda hope they go under..money looting thieves..putting out cars with trasnmissions that die at 75,000 miles shame on them. However, i don't wanna see the employees get laid off or suffer tha would be messed up beyond belief.
I have alwasy had 2nd hand cars, and as long as yuo take care of what you havem no real need to buy a new car...regardelss of any car, your going to have to put money into it, to keep it moving along, adn with a new car plus interest and tax, its just more a financial burden..
i know about auto mechanics, change your oil every 3 months or 3,000 mioles, 10,000 miles if all highway. Change your spark plugs every year, flush tranny at 60,000 miles cahnge air filter every 40,000 miles replace faulty sensors, and once a year, clean out the EGR valve, throttle body, and add some flush or combustion chamber cleaner, (yuo can also use hot distilled water, works wonders sprayed into throttle body) this removes all traces of fuel dilution and carbon buildup = clean newer engine. that simple anyone can do this... and if you preffer, use mobil 1 synthetic oil ive seen every engine using it, spotless, its more a cleaning oil, dosnt leave deposits like mineral oils do. this way, yuo have something you can drive till the valves and piston rings are warpped.
Still cheaper than a brand new ripp off recyceld car! just take care of what yuo got!

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
This also sounds like a plot, for american auto makers to finally find a way, for the company to sruvue at minimal cost..that having the meaning of no human workers...no paychecks to give out, bonus's , except for themselves, and robots to work the assembly lines... build a new plant oustide continental US, away from any rioting or legal problems.
isnt technology wonderful afterall...another reason i refuse to get a cell phone!@

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Big surprise, they get our money and outsource it all to a nation where they pay in cents and Americans STILL lose their jobs. Is anyone shocked by these assholes?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join