It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The kids are not all equal

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by spliff4020

This is one of the many reasons a lot of us home school our kids. Social engineering and racial inequality, all in the name of "tolerance", "multiculturalism", etc, are what the schools care about these days. My oldest son went to public school for K and 1'st grade, and spent, literally, 2-3 hours per day on HOMEWORK. When I would go to pick him up for an appointment or whatever, more often than not, the kids were not in class at all, but watching some unknown video, at an assembly, etc. I figure, if I am teaching him anyway, why send him to the school at all? He's been schooled at home ever since. He's smart, responsible for the most part, helps around the house, including with younger siblings, isn't interested in drinking, and actually has enough self-respect to be embarrassed by sexy imagery in commercials, movies, etc. He even has a long-time girlfriend, who he completely cherishes. He can actually think for himself. Basically, a nightmare to the social engineering public school fans.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Kids, as in humans, deserve equal rights, but kids, as in general, are not equal in about every single other subject in this world.

Some kids get it. Some kids don't.
Some kids are good at sports, some aren't.
Some kids are smart, some aren't.

In the perception of character, kids are NOT equal. Some are better than others, and some deserve better than others.

Not everyone is born to do good. The ones that are though, should be rewarded, where the ones who cause harm should be punished - and maybe someday they will see the light.

The problem today is that school is a breeding ground of punks. Many kids do not realize that getting a good education is key to a successful life...unless you consider living in the slums in a drug filled world successful.

The smart kids can not fall into the void. They need to realize their potential at a young age. Whatever you do, just don't let him hang around with the wrong people.

My school is considered pretty good. Just recently, one kid got caught with about 4000 dollars in drug money. 24 others got expelled, and 25 others got suspended.

At the ages of 16-18, you would think they would have been grown up by now. But nope...drugs, fights, and bad grades are the cool thing.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
it's all about being subservient little drones for the new system. That coupled with estrogen mimicking chimericals(plastic) in the food and water , there will be no resistance offered .

[edit on 3-3-2009 by OpusMarkII]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
You sir, are an idiot.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

you just offered a frightening notion to me . During the days the kids are filled with indoctrinating propaganda , sent home with heaps of home works . Parents see child with lots of home work and think , gee wonderful just like the kids in Japan and China . Next day child is tired easily susceptible and does it matter what she/he gets on their assignment, NO because we're all the same .I hope I'm wrong

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I agree wholeheartedly that kids are not equal and those that rise above or challenge themselves and succeed SHOULD be rewarded. Recently there was a reading contest in which two of my kids were involved with. There was a grand prize awarded to the person that read the most books. However, even if a child read just one book...they still walked out with a smaller prize. The majority of the kids chose to read just one...and still come out with a reward. This type of reward system promotes laziness and uncompetitiveness.

Now some kids I'm sure will still have that competitive streak and go for it, but I know a lot that are now conditioned to say screw it, I'll do the least amount of work and still walk away a winner.

That logic is completely messed up. What a harsh sad reality these kids will wake up to one day when they hit the real world and lose jobs, or don't rise in the ranks because they have no clue how to challenge themselves and fight for what they want...

Michelle

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by OpusMarkII

I don't think I have done one homework assignment at my house this year
(high school student), yet still manage straight A's.

Hate to break it to you, but the current system is EASY AS HELL. I am even doing a few "advanced classes".

It puzzles me on how kids can seriously fail. Theres a reason they make easier course schedules, and even so, just doing what you are supposed to at school, LISTEN, will no DOUBT get you AT LEAST C's on a normal routine.

All of this indoctrination crap about school is a heap of bull. The main problems today are some unqualified teachers (skill wise) and some teachers think tedious work is the way to go.

Besides that, school is to help you think, and see what you are good at. The ones that whine are the ones who do not care.

Now, speaking of the actual thread.

People are only equal on the principles that we have life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, along with the amendments/constitution.

So is one kid being born mentally retarded compared to a normal kid equal?

One kid that grows up in a crime filled family compared to a middle class family equal?

I could go on all day. No.

So, I would completely agree with the OP.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join