It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it time to ditch the bible?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
3 daughters and the BIBLE? What are you taking about?

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thistled

Originally posted by OldThinker

PS: Everyone, I mean EVERYONE 'I' know that honors the Bible are the type of persons I would trust my three daughters with, really...have you been exposed to some 'posers'??

What exactly has your three daughters got to do with me ditching the bible?

Very good young man....OT was wondering when you would get around to me?

3 Daughters? Bible?

EVERYTHING!!!!

It's all about trust....

It's all about the type of person YOU (after living long enough) will see/experience/KNOW will do the RIGHT thing...when NO one is around/no one is watching....

who will you trust????

YOU WILL BE IN THIS SITUATION EVENTUALLY, trust me!!!

You will have those that you love/that you would DIE FOR....

then and only then...you will see....that those who TRUST the Bible are TRUSTWORTHY....Jesus said it this way....you will know them by their FRUIT....the effect of the cause of their life...

Thistled will grow to know that those who love Jesus, who have NOT ditched the Bible...are the only people that can be trusted with all things that Matter...3 daughters, money, life savings, what ever is precious to you....

OT says....Put a little time on it...that is the things you currently THINK true...put a little time on it...and you will see the TRUTH (Jesus/Bible/etc) will set you free....translation....you'll be happy if you do!!!

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaploink

Originally posted by sezsue

Let me just say that when this was written, the pagans and heathens followed a lot of practices connected to what we now call satanism ....basically worshiping the devil, Baal, Horus, etc.

Are you are saying that the actions taken against the non believers were justified due to their faiths which could be considered satanism or heathenish by early Christians? Which basically justifies any genocides based on religion carried out by Christians. For any religion that does not worship the Biblical God is a heathen religion.

Such a belief today would justify the killing of Buddhists, Hindus, Muslims, Sikhs and others based on their religious beliefs. Such actions today would be labeled as terrorism.

I'm sorry, I was just explaining why God set those laws into effect. The people that had to follow those rules were not Christians, they were the decendants of Noah and his family, after the flood. Christians didn't exist at that time.

Just as today where we have laws against killing people and raping and kidnapping and pedophilia, so God had laws against certain things, and He had to use harsh measures against His people falling back into the old ways. We modern people have death penalties against certain types of crimes, and like it or not, part of that is to be a deterrent to crimes of that sort.

Maybe not all of the heathens and pagans did those things, but God didn't want the people that followed Him doing any of those things that the pagans did, such as human sacrifice of children, witchcraft, bestiality, etc. Basically what it comes down to is worship of satan.

Yeah, since that time there have been plenty of genocides, and people and religions that CALL themselves Christian have been involved in it, but really, once again, people who do those things are not of God or Jesus, but are of satan.

And yeah, as a former Catholic, I say, even the Catholic church, and plenty of other religions, and even plenty of atheists. (20 million Christians killed in Bolshevik revolution, Pol Pot, etc. etc. etc.)

Just one final thought, if you cut your foot, and got an infection, and you tried everything but the infection turned into gangrene, would you cut off your foot to save your life, or would you let the gangrene spread until it killed you, because you didn't want to cut it off?

Even though you wouldn't want to, and you tried to save it, eventually you would have to cut it off to save the rest of you.......

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by sezsue

Nice post there BENGAL!!!!!

OT love Ohcho Sinko!!!!

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

I got the impression you were suggesting I could not be trusted with your daughters simply because I do not follow jesus.

To be honest I was going to fire on all guns and say, are you calling me some sort of pervert because I am not a follower?

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   

I got the impression you were suggesting I could not be trusted with your daughters simply because I do not follow jesus.

To be honest I was going to fire on all guns and say, are you calling me some sort of pervert because I am not a follower?

???????????

Sorry....no such thought on my part...should I edit?

OT

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   

When I wrote that I was responding to some one else....what I said is still true, bro!!!!

WHO CAN YOU TRUST???? That's the question, really?

Not OT......I'm good, secure/safe/protected (BEYOND MEASURE!!!)

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by twistedworld

?????

Try again please...ok?

btw, I'm not young, unless you have 3 digits in your age....

Serious, what are you saying?

OT

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by twistedworld

You are a child, trying to spook fear into people, thats so hilarious KID.

How???? Curious?????

You are going to have to bring your A GAME when dealing with me...no one liners allowed please?

Explanation required!!!!

OT

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
hey Oldtimer...

What are you witing for? You spend your whole life preparing for death to go to your heaven. So why are you wasting so much time here on earth when you can go to your heaven. Hell if you are so certain about it, then you should be in a real hurry to get there. So why now just check out and you can be there tonight. Don't worry about your sins as you religion says they are forgiven. So I ask you one simple question. What are you waiting for?? I can tell you right now that your lack of faith and your lack of absolute trust in this extra life is really worth your life, but you can prove me wrong.....LOL!

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker

When I wrote that I was responding to some one else.... what I said is still true, bro!!!!

WHO CAN YOU TRUST???? That's the question, really?

Not OT......I'm good, secure/safe/protected (BEYOND MEASURE!!!)

"When I wrote that I was responding to some one else... "I have studied the last few pages of the post and that does not make sense OT.

"what I said is still true, bro!!!!" Sure, I am a pervert and a thief because I don't follow Jesus.

You talk about me growing old and discovering jesus and love. OT I am now at my peak at the age of 37 and have never felt so good since worrying about religion, prayer, and worrying about living by a book which is a relic of a by-gone age.

I am so bl**dy happy to be free of it. Yay!

I'm ashamed at you for bringing the 'sex pest' factor into it. You should be ashamed.

Typical.

[edit on 2/2/2009 by Thistled]

edited to fix quotes and i messed up. lol.

[edit on 2/2/2009 by Thistled]

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Considering the Bible itself says there will come a time of a great falling away, and people just like you wondering if the Bible should be put aside...it's obvious the answer is NO. People like you are amazing, and the word of God only proves itself to be true more and more each day. Keep dreaming.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Very sad that people who know nothing about the Bible or God for that matter think that it is perfectly acceptible to insult and defame Christians and their beliefs.

These types of posts really accomplish nothing. The Bible will remain the best selling book ever printed, and millions of people will continue to read it and grow closer to the living God.

I challenge the writer of this insulting post to take the time to read the entire book and then possibly ask some intelligent questions about the beliefs of Christians and their first-hand experiences with God.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by twistedworld
hey Oldtimer...

What are you witing for? You spend your whole life preparing for death to go to your heaven. So why are you wasting so much time here on earth when you can go to your heaven. Hell if you are so certain about it, then you should be in a real hurry to get there. So why now just check out and you can be there tonight. Don't worry about your sins as you religion says they are forgiven. So I ask you one simple question. What are you waiting for?? I can tell you right now that your lack of faith and your lack of absolute trust in this extra life is really worth your life, but you can prove me wrong.....LOL!

hmm???

Welcome to ATS? You have obviously not read my treads (no time) and don't know me...

But you are obviously BENT...why? Who pissed you off?? Should I apologize for them....?

I (and you) have been given a 'vapor' (the bible says) a puff...of eternity...what will we do with this life...? that is the question!!!!

I'm here for a REASON....for beyond what you would know...if you live in America?

I'm here for your security...that's all I'll say...

So, please, be less CRITICAL...and listen more...ok? please...

OT does not want to argue...fight...bantor, etc...

If I offended you...I apologize....that is not my intent...

Please read Romans 1:20 if you have time....so men are with out EXCUSE...is why I choose to spend time on ATS....I have been AFFORDED time....

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
OMG---Now its Obama...LOL..

Hey I spent 6 years in catholic school and a requirement every year was studying the BIBLE at St. Michaels..

So you could say I have read that book a million times over...NEXT!

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Thistled

ok....think as you willl....that was not my intent....I was simply responding....that life is very very difficult...and time will show all of us that....and those that really follow the Lord Jesus....are the folks that can be trusted...again I am not accusing you of anything....really...

I am glad you have found some peace NOW....OT wishes you only the best as you grow, ok?

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by AdmiralObamaGFOL
The Bible will remain the best selling book ever printed, and millions of people will continue to read it and grow closer to the living God.

Well maybe if every hotel on the planet stopped buying it - you would see an extraordinary drop in the best selling book top ten.

Jackie Collins might even take the top spot.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join