It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Disappearance of flight N3808H, Puerto Rico, 1980

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Whilst having a good rummage around for strange UFO/USO reports around the island of Puerto Rico (link) -came across this very interesting UFO incident which involves an unknown object seemingly harassing an aircraft with running commentary from the pilot - both plane and pilot were never seen or heard of again and it's certainly one of the more intriguing incidents from the Puerto Rico/Bermuda triangle area.

The Disappearance of flight N3808H

Pilot transmission: - last words of pilot Jose Pagan Santos:

Location. Mona Channel, Caribbean Ocean near Puerto Rico

Date: June 28 1980

At 1810 Jose Antonio Maldonado Torres and his friend, Jose Pagan Santos, took off from Las Americas International Airport in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic in an Ercoupe aircraft marked N3808H.
The Ercoupe was owned by Santo’s father Jose Pagan Jimenez, an Aero
Police officer in Puerto Rico. They were bound for home in Puerto Rico. At 2003 the Las Mesas radar site and several aircraft picked up radio transmissions from N3808H:

“Mayday, Mayday, Ercoupe ocho cero, eight zero, zero, Hotel. We can see a strange object in our course, we are lost, Mayday, Mayday.”

An Iberia Airlines flight IB-976 en route from Santo Domingo to Spain responded to the Mayday and received a reply:

“Ah we are going from Santo Domingo to ah San Juan International but we found ah a weird object in our course that made us change course about three different times we got it right in front of us now at one o’clock, our heading is zero seven zero degrees…our altitude one thousand six hundred a zero seven zero degrees…our VORs got lost off frequency…”

Iberia Flight IB-976 then relayed a message from San Juan Center asking N3808H to turn on their transponder.
N3808H replied that the Ercoupe was not equipped with a transponder. At 2006 Iberia IB-976 asked for their call sing and estimated position and received this reply:

“Right now we are supposed to be a about thirty five miles from the coast of Puerto Rico but we have something weird in front of us that make us lose course all the time I changed our course a second (unintelligible) our present heading right now is three hundred we are right again in the same stuff sir.”

They were not heard from again. At 2012 the Atlantic Fleet Weapons Range verified the last radar position of N3808H as thirty five miles west of Puerto Rico. A search that included Santos’s father was then mounted which centered on this last radar position. It was discontinued after two days when no trace had been found. No trace was ever found.

Link

edit on 14-9-2015 by karl 12 because: New Video Link

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Thank you for posting this thread. I remember this one particular case. This happened when Puerto Rico was beginning to enter is biggest UFO wave ever. From the 1980s and Mid 1990s there was a massive UFO wave which struck Puerto Rico. It was also the date range for El Chupacabras! These Objects where almost a daily thing to see. It is too bad that most people did not have affordable camcorders, or the existence of camera phones. Though there are a few god pics and videos of UFOs in P.R. at that time.

When I lived there I was small, but I remember seeing the UFOs. It was like an infestation of them. I wonder what they were looking for back then. Perhaps to abduct people? Who knows? It was not the first time that an entire plane would disappear in P.R. It was happening often. When I lived there I remember there was a strong military presence in the island at that time.

Here is a case of a couple of jet fighters which disappeared in mid air.
U.S. Fighters disappear in Puerto Rico

There were similar cases happening through the world too. I found a particular case which happened about two years before the P.R. event in 1978. Part 1

Part 2

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by The Coward

TC, thanks for the reply -theres certainly been some very freaky UFO/USO reports from the Puerto Rico over the years -there's a thread here which covers some of the eyewitness testimony from the UFO flaps you mention and there are also witness drawings and descriptions of strange 'humanoids' encountered on the island.

Cheers.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
There's an interesting (and similar) report to the flight N3808H case involving an unknown object buzzing an aircraft which happened in Australia 2 years before:

What Happened to Frederick Valentich? Possibly the scariest UFO case ever

Pilot transmission - transcript:

9:06:14 DSJ FS Melbourne, this is Delta Sierra Juliet. Is there any known traffic below five thousand?’

9:06:23 FS DSJ Delta Sierra Juliet—No known traffic.

9:06:26 DSJ FS Delta Sierra Juliet. I am—seems (to) be a large aircraft below 5,000.

9:06:46 FS DSJ D Delta Sierra Juliet—What type of aircraft is it?

9:06:50 DSJ FS Delta Sierra Juliet—I cannot affirm. It is four bright … it seems to me like landing lights.

9:07:04 FS DSJ Delta Sierra Juliet. [This statement affirms to the pilot that the person on the ground heard his transmission.]

9:07:32 DSJ FS Melbourne, this (is) Delta Sierra Juliet. The aircraft has just
passed over me at least a thousand feet above.

9:07:43 FS DSJ Delta Sierra Juliet—Roger—and it, it is a large aircraft—confirm?

9:07:47 DSJ FS Er, unknown due to the speed it’s travelling… is there any airforce aircraft in the vicinity?

9:07:57 FS DSJ Delta Sierra Juliet. No known aircraft in the vicinity.

9:08:18 DSJ FS Melbourne… it’s approaching now from due east~ towards me.

9:08:28 FS DSJ Delta Sierra Juliet.

9:08:42 DSJ FS //Open microphone for two seconds//

9:08:49 DSJ FS Delta Sierra Juliet. It seems to me that he’s playing some sort of game.—He’s flying over me two—three times at a time at
speeds I could not identify.’

9:09:02 FS DSJ Delta Sierra Juliet—Roger. What is your actual level?

9:09:06 DSJ FS My level is four and a half thousand, four five zero zero.

9:09:11 FS DSJ Delta Sierra Juliet… And confirm—you cannot identify the aircraft.

9:09:14 DSJ FS Affirmative.’

9:09:18 FS DSJ Delta Sierra Juliet—Roger… standby.

9:09:28 DSJ FS Melbourne—Delta Sierra Juliet. It’s not an aircraft’… it is

//open microphone for two seconds// [This duration measured as

three seconds. No information appears to have been removed

from the tape.]

9:09:46 FS DSJ Delta Sierra Juliet—Melbourne. Can you describe the…er—aircraft?

9:09:52 DSJ FS Delta Sierra Juliet… as it’s flying past it’s a long shape’ //open microphone for three seconds // (cannot) identify more than that. It has such speed //open microphone for three seconds //. It is before me right now Melbourne.’

9:10:07 FS DSJ Delta Sierra Juliet—Roger. And how large would the —er—object be?

9:10:20 DSJ FS Delta Sierra Juliet—Melbourne.It seems like it’s chasing me . What I’m doing right now is orbiting,and the thing is just orbiting on top of me also’ … It’s got a green light,’ and sort of metallic (like)~. It’s all shiny (on) the outside.

9:10:43 FS DSJ Delta Sierra Juliet.

9:10:48 DSJ FS Delta Sierra Juliet // open microphone for 5 seconds // [measured as 3 seconds] It’s just vanished.’

9:10:57 FS DSJ Delta Sierra Juliet.

9:11:03 DSJ FS Melbourne would you know what kind of aircraft I’ve got?’ It is (a type) military aircraft?’

9:11:08 FS DSJ Delta Sierra Juliet. Confirm the… er—aircraft just vanished.

9:11:14 DSJ FS Say again.

9:11:17 FS DSJ Delta Sierra Juliet. Is the aircraft still with you?’

9:11:23 DSJ FS Delta Sierra Juliet… It’s ah… Nor //open microphone for two seconds// (now) approaching from the southwest.

9:11:37 FS DSJ Delta Sierra Juliet

9:11:52 DSJ FS Delta Sierra Juliet - The engine is, is rough idling. —I’ve got it set at twenty three—twenty four… and the thing is—coughing.

9:12:04 FS DSJ Delta Sierra Juliet—Roger. What are your intentions?

9:12:09 DSJ FS My intentions are—ah… to go to King Island—Ah, Melbourne, that strange aircraft is hovering on top of me again //open microphone for two seconds// it is hovering and it’s not an aircraft.

9:12:22 FS DSJ Delta Sierra Juliet.

9:12:28 DSJ FS Delta Sierra Juliet—Melbourne //open microphone for 17 seconds//

[A very strange pulsed noise is also audible during this transmission.]

9:12:49 FS DSJ Delta Sierra Juliet, Melbourne.

End of official DoT transcript

Link

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Extra bit of (quite bizarre) information on the flight N3808H case:

...according to researcher Scott Corrales months later Jose Antonio’s mother reportedly saw him in a vision one afternoon, he was wearing a metallic green uniform with black metal boots, and told her that he had joined the “extraterrestrials” in their mission and was quite safe and very happy with his new life.

Probably just an hallucination brought on by a mother's grief but an interesting footnote anyway.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
New link for flight N3808H transmission recording as the one in the OP has been removed from Youtube:

Audio Link -second case down

Cheers.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
reply to post by karl 12

post removed by staff

That was uncalled for

Strange to see that this case didnt originally warrant much attention considering the fact that a pilot was involved. It is eerily similar to Frederick Valentich's case (thanks for linking my thread by the way, lol)

S & F
edit on Wed Nov 23 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

reply to post by karl 12

post removed by staff

That was uncalled for

Strange to see that this case didnt originally warrant much attention considering the fact that a pilot was involved. It is eerily similar to Frederick Valentich's case (thanks for linking my thread by the way, lol)

S & F

G'day OzWeatherMan

I promise you..... that was a joke.....

It mustn't have been a very good one.

Karl 12 is one of the people that saves us from the threads like that current Nazi moon stuff!

I hope he gets it.....I'm worried now.....

Cheers mate
Maybe...maybe not.

[edit on 16-1-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]
edit on Wed Nov 23 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Thanks for bumping this interesting case karl12, I very much appreciate the high quality of your threads.

@Maybe...maybe not

Karl 12 is one of the people that saves us from the threads like that current Nazi moon stuff!

... so true

Have a nice day,
derpif

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

My mistake

We cool brus....we cool

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Thanks for the replies, this incident is certainly a pretty bizarre one - especialy when you hear the tone of (and panic in ) the pilot's voice.

Realy do wonder what happened to those two.

I hope he gets it.....I'm worried now.....

MMN - no worries mate!

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   

He is indeed, I always make a point of reading a thread when I see he is the OP.

Strangely enough I was just reading about this case last night in Timothy Good's book "Unearthly Disclosure"; Good is also of the opinion that an underwater base off Puerto Rico may be directly involved in the disappearance of this aircraft.

I must say that I find the reported sighting of the pilot by his mother months later very interesting, it reminds me of another case (the name of which escapes me at the moment) in which an abductee reported that he was offered an opportunity to join his "captors" as a pilot but would have to leave his family behind. And yes, I am aware how crazy that sounds, but I thought it worth mentioning anyway.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonicology
Strangely enough I was just reading about this case last night in Timothy Good's book "Unearthly Disclosure"; Good is also of the opinion that an underwater base off Puerto Rico may be directly involved in the disappearance of this aircraft.

Hey bud, Timothy may certainly be onto something there - it seems there's been an awful lot of strange occurrences around the Mona channel region over the years:

Strange underwater moving lights, enigmatic, unidentified, submerged objects, airplanes and boats that disappear without leaving any trace in the areas of sighting, fishermen and aviators besieged by rare devices during their travels... all that happens in the Canal de la Mona [Mona Channel] and the area of the San Juan Deep [Puerto Rican Trench] to the north of our island.

On the 19 of January of 1967, several illuminated devices crossed the sky of the western coast and seemed to submerge in the Mona Channel (Canal de la Mona) , being witnesses of this sighting residents of the Cerro de las Mesas, in Mayagüez and neighbors of Aguada and Hormigueros.

Some of these witnesses of the Cerro de las Mesas were Agustin Cruz, Carlos Garcia, Héctor Cruz and ldalí Cordero.In Aguada the witnesses were, Jose and Ramonita González, as well as René Acosta.In Hormigueros, they were seen by Agustina Colón, Monserrate Ortiz and Margarita Cruz.

A luminous display, constantly changing its colors" This phenomenon lasted about 20 additional minutes, after which the object appeared again "like a point of shining red light on the horizon".

Then it moved in a northwest direction, near the witness’ line of the horizon with a series of descending and ascending movements, in zigzag fashion "moving at times in an undecided way, just as a butterfly flies on a flower”. In one occasion, "it moved upwards in a series of zigzags, reversing completely its direction each time".
This erratic series of movements and without apparent purpose continued while the object moved towards the northwest, until 8:00 p.m., when finally it went off sight.

Events such as the previously described had become, with the passing of years, something somewhat common in the sector of the Mona Channel, to the west of Puerto Rico.

The Canal de la Mona [Mona Channel] is an arm of the sea or strait that separates the Island of Puerto Rico from the Dominican Republic. The small island of Mona is found almost exactly between the two Antilles.

Link

Cheers.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Short clip about the pilot transmission (apologies for the cheesy graphics).

Link

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
New link for last transmission audio:

Link

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

This is a very interesting case...glad you "bumped" it. I never might have seen it, otherwise.

Huge resemblance to a few Speilberg movies of note, eh?

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Very interesting indeed. I remember Flight 19 in the Bemuda Triangle vanishing out of site. I too remember reading of events in Pueto Rico in Timothy Good's books. Apparently the USA and ailens have some sort of agreement for a prescence to be established there.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
This incident reminds me of the Sci-Fi Movie from 1989 Millenium but the difference is that we have Humans from the Future NOT ETs as we think of them (from other planets) are transporting present humans to the future.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by himalayanhermit
\but the difference is that we have Humans from the Future NOT ETs as we think of them (from other planets) are transporting present humans to the future.

Credulity is not a crime, you have the right to your belief as much as a Christian might believe he will be taken up into the clouds with all the other Christians by some guy named Jesus Christ, who will then save the world from some guy named Satan. Credulity is not a crime.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join