It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holocaust? Or are black lives of less importance?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I was reading "Time" magazine yesterday and was horrified to find the following statistics about the holocaust taking place in the Congo and Rwanda. I am more stunned by the fact that the world refuses to step in and do something, or in fact that it's not in the media daily the way the Gaza/israel conflict is. Are black lives in Africa just more disposable, or easier to ignore?

hol⋅o⋅caust   /ˈhɒləˌkɔst, ˈhoʊlə-/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [hol-uh-kawst, hoh-luh-] Show IPA Pronunciation

–noun 1. a great or complete devastation or destruction, esp. by fire.
2. a sacrifice completely consumed by fire; burnt offering.
3. (usually initial capital letter) the systematic mass slaughter of European Jews in Nazi concentration camps during World War II (usually prec. by the).
4. any mass slaughter or reckless destruction of life

I realize that the word has been hijacked by the jewish nation, and it is definitely appropriate in the light of the 6 million people ( jewish and other )that died during WW2. Someone started a thread on ATS recently about the Holocaust Memorial Event being cancelled in a town in Sweden. To me it is amazing that : (Quotes are from the current "Time" magazine.

" Every few hundred yards are hand-painted signboards marking the sites of massacres during Rwanda's 1994 genocide. Here, 532 were killed. There, 318. Here, "+/− 5,000." The word JENOSIDE is painted in scarlet, and after you've seen it--and the redness of the earth--a few times, it's hard not to wonder about the great flood of blood that bathed Rwanda when 800,000 people were slaughtered in three months. "

"The fighting is now in its 15th year. According to the International Rescue Committee, it has claimed the lives of 5.4 million people, mostly through the disease and malnutrition that have accompanied it."

Why is the world silent about all of this? and Why is the UN not getting this under control despite it's mandate?
"
It was precisely to deal with such disasters--and with leaders like Kabila and Nkunda--that in 2005 the U.N. World Summit adopted a set of principles called the responsibility to protect, or R2P. Intended to prevent a repeat of cataclysms like the one in Rwanda, when the world watched but did little, R2P enshrines in international law the justification and obligation for intervention. A nation forfeits its sovereignty if it commits or is unable to prevent massive human-rights abuses on its soil."

When Hamas fires a rocket into Israel and it misses it target about 90% of the time, it is still front page news. When a synogue is violated somewhere in the world it makes the news. Whilst in Africa 5.4 million people have died , as many as in the holocaust in WW2 ? Where is the outrage., where are the people marching to stop this genocide, where are the forces to end this crisis. Where are the billions of dollars to assist? Or does skin color and the fact that they are in Africa determine outrage and action?

[edit on 1-2-2009 by Mynaeris]

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
The sad truth is that the governments in power only get involved when it is convenient and beneficial to them.

As for people not caring, the majority march to the beat of their government's propaganda drum so you can't really expect anything out of them...which is sad in itself also.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
honestly what you want us to do?

its sorta like

what you don't know

can't hurt you

and i don't really know about this so it doesn't bother me but I wish the African people would be like really wealthy, super smart, and have a civil place. But their genetics is to fight (tupac, biggie)....they're warrior people who a great fighters and rugged similar to the natives of america.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Mate, you need to watch this:

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConservativeJack

its sorta like

what you don't know

can't hurt you

and i don't really know about this so it doesn't bother me but I wish the African people would be like really wealthy, super smart, and have a civil place. But their genetics is to fight (tupac, biggie)....they're warrior people who a great fighters and rugged similar to the natives of america.

Wow, racist much? If you don't admit to that at least you can't deny you're stereotyping.

So did the warrior people trait breed out of Obama or what?

Like so many people in this world, you only care if it happens to you or yours and that is the problem.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
i agree it's sick, the list of genosides and holocausts that are ignored is huge, certainly historically - The Boar and Zulu in southern africa, the north african nomads, The many native american tribes, the south american people and the aboriganies and whole island communitys which had lived on this earth for thousands of years were eradicated, yet they never even get a mention, yet alone a monument -then we scream and cry when a few of our citizens are killed saying its barbaric and unfair...

Do you know what happened to the very last Tazmanian native? For 10,000 years they had been isolated on their small island, they could have answered so many scientific questions and shown us so much about human evolution, development, etc but they're ALL dead. in the 1770's europeans turn up and started shooting them, then we set up a prision and let the most violent criminals roam the island killing and raping the natives. But by 1800 the refined british gentlemen were in control...

"Tactics for hunting down Tasmanians included riding out on horseback to shoot them, setting out steel traps to catch them, and putting out poison flour where they might find and eat it. Sheperds cut off the penis and testicles of aboriginal men, to watch the men run a few yards before dying. At a hill christened Mount Victory, settlers slaughtered 30 Tasmanians and threw their bodies over a cliff. One party of police killed 70 Tasmanians and dashed out the children's brains."

of course some people objected, some people went too far -

Twenty-five lashes were stipulated for Europeans convicted of tying aboriginal "Tasmanian women to logs and burning them with firebrands, or forcing a woman to wear the head of her freshly murdered husband on a string around her neck.

Then we created a final solution,

With the declaration of martial law in November 1828, Whites were authorized to kill Blacks on sight. Although the Blacks offered a heroic resistance, the wooden clubs and sharpened sticks of the Aborigines were no match against the firepower, ruthlessness, and savagery exercised by the Europeans against them.

Then as always, with loud and pious exclamations that it was for the benefit of the Blacks themselves, the remainder of the Aborigines were rounded up and placed in concentration camps.

On May 7, 1876, Truganini, the last full-blood Black person in Tasmania, died at seventy-three years of age. Her mother had been stabbed to death by a European. Her sister was kidnapped by Europeans. Her intended husband was drowned by two Europeans in her presence, while his murderers raped her.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   

its sorta like

what you don't know

can't hurt you

Dude, that is the epitome of ignorance but it doesn't surprise me when I look at your negative ATS points... it all makes sense. Your parents must be proud!

IRM

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

its sorta like

what you don't know

can't hurt you

Dude, that is the epitome of ignorance but it doesn't surprise me when I look at your negative ATS points... it all makes sense. Your parents must be proud!

IRM

wow, whats your deal predator or alien avatar guy...

All I said was I wish Africa was doing better. I said they have a history of fighting. Go run the political correct press on MSNBC. This is the internet, I don't answer to you buddy.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ConservativeJack

No CJ, you didn't just say you wished they were doing better and you know that's not what you said.

You stereotyped them as having genetics that say they are less intelligent, less wealthy, uncivilized "warrior people" ... like Tupac and Biggie.

Dude was right... that is the epitome of ignorance.

You're right, it is the internet but you've shown us you can expose a stereotyping/racist/ignorant person just as easily as you can in real life.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaNutter
reply to post by ConservativeJack

No CJ, you didn't just say you wished they were doing better and you know that's not what you said.

You stereotyped them as having genetics that say they are less intelligent, less wealthy, uncivilized "warrior people" ... like Tupac and Biggie.

Dude was right... that is the epitome of ignorance.

You're right, it is the internet but you've shown us you can expose a stereotyping/racist/ignorant person just as easily as you can in real life.

Hey that's your version and believe it fine. I really don't believe you. You are lost.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Do some research on Eugenics: This is a good place to start.
www.all.org...

Margaret Sanger, the founder of planned parenthood, believed in the improvement of the human race germ plasm through better breeding.
Notice they always open up shop in black areas.

The radical environmentalist's/Marxists, look at it as population control.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Depends...

Are they LIBRALS???

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I'd just like to point out that many WW2 Holocaust survivors have done a great job speaking out against the genocide and Holocaust going on in Africa. The Holocaust Museum in DC has an enormous exhibit and project going on to make people aware of the atrocities in Africa and to support the people suffering there.

Only ignorant people think that the WW2 Holocaust survivors don't care. In fact, most are appalled, because they thought it would never happen again, and have been preaching "Never Forget" for decades, now.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
My, my aren't "we" sensitive/defensive?
Or are "we" just responding to our programming?
Say anything about another race and wham! the brain explodes; logic and reason vanish.

Some of you got your knickers in a knot, but didn't offer anything to solve the problem.

Africa is a large continent.
It has at least 500 million people.
Some groups are hell bent on destroying other groups. (dare I call them tribes?)
This has been going on for a very long time.
Thousands of years.

To insinuate that they may be less intelligent seems to be in order here.
Isn't Africa forming and "African Union"?

Shouldn't some of them be interested in negotiating peace between these groups?

Are any of you here interested in risking your life for them?
Do you think white Europeans and Americans should go there and die for these people who will not help their own?

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by OhZone

From what I've heard, the reason that no one wants to go fight for the people suffering over there is because there is no oil involved.

It's a horrible reason but it's probably true. That and the fact that they don't have nukes.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
This can't be compared to the true Holocaust. Why? Was it other Jews that slaughtered their own people? What is happening in Africa is black on black crime, much like gang related deaths that happen everyday here in the United States.

This correlates directly with black slavery in the United States. Imagine if the black people banded together and protected each other, instead of selling each other into slavery?

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

...Really?
Um, black people aren't all the same. They come from different countries, different tribes, different areas, and different political groups.

The Holocaust was mostly white on white. Does that mean it's okay?

Jew isn't a color. African is a race. Black is a color. So is white.

[edit on 2/1/2009 by ravenshadow13]

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Mynaeris

Unfortunately, it seems to ba an issue of what's in it for us? No nation seems to care to do anything. The UN won't do anything. Even other African nations seem content to watch it happen so I don't think race is the total story although it plays a large part.

The UN seems to be more problem than solution when it comes to the politics of these issues. It is rotten with greed and corruption. Some of the nations represented at the UN even actively work to prevent solutions.

The fact is that once you start feeding millions of people, you end up feeding millions of people for a long time. It will cost a great deal to remedy these issues and then there is no return on investment. Politicians won't go for that kind of expenditures unless it directly benefits them and their own pockets.

Greed is the driving force in world events now.
Humanity is in the back seat of the bus.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
reply to post by OhZone

From what I've heard, the reason that no one wants to go fight for the people suffering over there is because there is no oil involved.

It's a horrible reason but it's probably true. That and the fact that they don't have nukes.

they don't have oil, but they do have many other resources and wealth.

Why send in an army when you can fund a warlord to fight for you.
Africa is a place for the wealthy to go when the natives are dead.

as long as these people are in constant conflict, they will never be able to get settled and group as one nation.
divide and conquer has always been the motto for war.

The only time you see Africa or Africans is around dinner time when they show you the starving child and ask for a donation to feed them.

the only other time you see Africa is on documentaries where the local rangers have to shoot the poachers who are trying to capture the gorrillas or other primates. (the Gorilla head doesn't end up in an African museum)
The ivory from elephants doesn't go to Africans.

so we see afriaca as wild and full animals near extinction and full of poachers who are killing the animals for the foreign market.

Africa is just a silent death, they are part of the 80% of useless eaters that need to be gotten rid of for the Power elite to fulfill their agenda

new topics

top topics

join