It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Various Dreams/Visions of America

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I read of Washington's vision years ago as a boy. It still gives me chills as I read the vision. This man sensed the freedom he could give to the world with the British nipping at his heels and his men hungry and freezing looked to him to chart the course to freedom. Washington seemed defeated, grim as did Congress up until after the vision according to some.

We have active members of the ATS community whose family have handed down the vision to each generation.

I hope you all enjoy reading the various American visions and the outlook.

According to Washington America will prevail!

George Washington bowed his knee to the creator and you can read the vision given to the First President in the link provided.

Also American back wood whiskey drinking preacher AA Allen who was admired by American Preachers such as Kenneth Hagin who prophesied 30 years ago that America would be at the crossroads during this time.

www.pressie.org...

NOTE: The following was originally published by Wesley Bradshaw in the National Review, Vol. 4, No. 12, December 1880 (and handed down to me by my grandmother). The last time I ever saw Anthony Sherman was on July 4, 1859, in Independence Square. He was then 99 years old, and becoming very feeble. But though so old, his dimming eyes rekindled as he gazed upon Independence Hall, which he came to visit once more. “Let us go into the hall,” he said. “I want to tell you an incident of Washington’s life - one which no one alive knows of except myself; and, if you live, you will before long, see it verified. “From the opening of the Revolution we experienced all phases of fortune, now good and now ill; one time victorious and another conquered. The darkest period we had, I think, was when Washington, after several reverses, retreated to Valley Forge, where he resolved to spend the winter of 1777. Ah! I have often seen our dear commander’s care-worn cheeks, as he would be conversing with a confidential officer about the condition of his poor soldiers. You have doubtless heard the story of Washington’s going to the thicket to pray. Well, it was not only true, but he used often to pray in secret for aid and comfort from God, the interposition of whose Divine Providence brought us safely through the darkest days of tribulation. “One day, I remember well, the chilly winds whistled through the leafless trees, though the sky was cloudless and the sun shone brightly, he remained in his quarters nearly all the afternoon alone. When he came out, I noticed that his face was a shade paler than usual, and there seemed to be something on his mind of more than ordinary importance. Returning just after dusk, he dispatched an orderly to the quarters of the officer I mention who was presently in attendance. After a preliminary conversation of about half an hour, Washington, gazing upon his companion with that strange look of dignity which he alone could command said to the latter: “‘I do not know whether it is owing to anxiety of my mind, or what, but this afternoon, as I was sitting at this table engaged in preparing a dispatch, something seemed to disturb me. Looking up, I beheld

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The Viet Nam war area is interesting.

Personal Note: For over 30 years after the Vietnam War I tried to bury that experience as best I could, never making any attempt to contact any 1/9 buddies or deal with anything that had to do with the war. But after I was injured in 2001, I began to deal with that overwhelming emotional period in my life and to make a long story short: I went to my first 1/9 reunion in August of 2004. I had a very good time visiting with some of the men that I hadn't seen or talked to in well over 30 years. At the dinner they asked for anyone to stand that hadn't been wounded, I thought that odd until only two stood from over a hundred attending. Such was the nature of serving with “Di Bo Chet,” the Walking Dead.” During operation Dewey Canyon ( Jan.-march 69 ) alone, Alpha Company lost 30 Marines Killed and 127 wounded.

Semper Fi
Terry Presgrove

[edit on 1-2-2009 by whiteraven]

join