It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stupid Economy!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 04:49 AM
link   
I've been getting worried since November 08' The world economy is collapsing. The US Dollar is on the verge of totally sinking out. I just read that China is thinking about changing from US Treasuries to a Gold Standard. God knows that will only ruin our country.
I think because everyone is celebrating a shiny New President they are forgetting how bad everything is and has a chance to become. From what I see the only way to fix the economy at the moment is: A World War. Not only would it boost production around the country for military supplies but also other much needed items. If the country were to become a military state (without jeopardizing its citizen's rights)the economy would start to recover.
The other way is if it, the economy, were to drop sharply on the stock market. A bunch of companies were to fail at the same time, driving the need of certain items up for other companies. Pretty much staying the market would bottom out then raise slowly over the years. For gods sake the Government (of America)needs to stop bailing out these certain companies. Those certain companies have been hobbling along on 3 broken legs for a few years now. There is a reason they need to fail. They OBVIOUSLY were not working, with the way they were operating.

We as a people need to start preparing for a lot of change and Im not talking about Obama change. This is the bad change.

[edit on 1-2-2009 by Tentickles]

[edit on 1-2-2009 by Tentickles]

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

The change we need is NOT another WAR! How can you come here and say that!

I understand your rant, but anger in another militaty conflict is not the answer.

Yes, these are changing times and with the massive shift in human awareness that IS going on, we, as poeple should do everything in our power to avoid yet another government to government conflict.

It's time the governments understood that not all of us are their patsies anymore and that OUR voice counts for more than is has in the past.

People power, not the power of weapons should fight these kind of economic wars. Otherwise it's just a continuation of what "they" have been engineering for centuries.

Who gets rich in wars...not the masses that's for sure.

Be patient and be strong, our voice counts far more than the might of our leaders. No war, but understanding for our lack of tolerance is what's needed.

Good luck my friend, be part of the solution....NOTHING is stronger that numbers:

Governments across Europe tremble as angry people take to the streets

[edit on 1/2/2009 by nerbot]

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   

They wanted this to happen all along.. They have had this planned for a long time. Crash the dollar and usher in a new age.. A New World Order.
Its happening right before our eyes..
I spent a good part of my life trying my best to make a real change..
I was riding a bike into work.. Changing the way I go about my life..
And yesterday I was handed a pink slip.. Along with 275 other people at my job.. So Im laided off.. And have to find another job.. Screw it..
Its super bowl sunday and Im getting trashed and will worry about all this come monday....

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

Sorry to hear it, good luck in the job-hunting.

Just don't go and build shells or guns for a living eh!

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   

China needs us as trade partners. They need us to have a strong economy, or they can't sell any of their goods. If we go down, they will also go down.

We need to do what China is doing and reinvest in our infrastructure.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Thanks for talkin' about this thread on the BTS Mix!

top topics

join