It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think Obama wants china to stop buying US treasuries

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Geithner of course, provoked china on purpose.

Spat with China raises fears of a trade war

There are three reasons to believe that this was not just another blunder by Geithner. The first is that the administration rushed out a statement that Geithner was saying no more than Obama had said on the campaign trail.

The second is that Geithner was reading from a prepared statement, not merely making some remarks in response to a question. “President Obama, backed by the conclusions of a broad range of economists, believes that China is manipulating its currency,” wrote the then-nominee. Premeditation matters, and the use of the inflammatory word “manipulation” clearly was a carefully considered act.

The third is that Geithner is well aware of Chinese sensibilities. He and his family have a long association with, and knowledge of, the politics of Asia and China. It would have been unusual in past years for any important Chinese official to visit America and not have a private tête-à-tête with Geithner, who has studied Chinese and Japanese, and lived in India, Thailand and Japan, as well as in China. His father is director of the Asia programme at the Ford Foundation. They know just what will set Chinese leaders’ teeth on edge.

He knew china can't resist, he knew china will retaliate.

and the Chinese premier uses the Davos gathering of the moguls to accuse America of wrecking the world financial system.

I don't think Obama is bluffing, I believe the US currently is pulling a poisoned pawn (a stunt using a lure that the enemy can't resist) on china. I'm very very suspicious, I bet both Obama and Geithner know something that we don't (something nasty I mean), they're up to something I'm sure.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Good Point jazzyguy. Looks like our new admin likes a fresh chess game to deal with the economic crisis. The news in america isn't speaking about this at all as I type this. S&F to you!!!

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I speculate that there's a plan to make sure china lose her traction, that is why south korea seems to become more brazen against the north.

I predicted there would be a crisis in the far east during obama presidency, a big crisis, a lot bigger than the middle east one.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
If they are, then they are planning the destruction of America. China, unfortunately, is really our (the entire world economy) only hope in this thing. As much as that disturbs me to say, the Chinese are one of, what, 2 or 3 economies in the world not in debtor mode?

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

I'm not sure what Obama is thinking right now.
Did he want china to sink along with the US, or does he think he have what it takes to float the US for another 4 years. This is a very high stake game.

See how long Hilary will stay in china.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

There is another agenda with China, I have info I have been gathering for a thread on it, I just haven't had time to put it together yet. I had saved an article about the Geithner thing, cause it does play into it.

Obama has another adviser and close family friend, a woman, Nancy Barry, who has a background similar to Geithner's, and I saved some info about her as well, for the same thread.

Obama. Microfinance. China.
Yes, there is at least one connection between these three words. Her name is Nancy Barry. A trailblazer in the field of Enterprise Solutions to Poverty, her current work focuses on creating pragmatic ways for large corporations in China, India, Mexico, and Colombia, to create opportunities for the working poor in these countries. For many years she was the President of Women's World Banking, an international microfinance network. I just came across this article from an Indian finance website, describing her role as a close advisor to Barack Obama. Named one of the most powerful women in the world, Nancy M. Barry, 59, the Founder and President of Enterprise Solutions to Poverty and former President of the New York-based Women's World Banking, is no stranger to the limelight. Known to be a close confidant and friend of the Obama family, she is now expected to play a key role in shaping the new US regime's relationship with India and Indians. President-elect Barack Obama's mother, Ann Dunham, worked with her as the first policy change manager of Women's World Banking, from 1992 to 1995. Says Barry: I see in Obama many of the qualities of his mother: the capacity to get to the heart of the matter, the ability to get different factions to work for common cause, and a passion to work together in building economies that work for the majority.

Nancy Barry link

Another interesting thing, Obama mama, Stanley Ann, was involved with the Ford Foundation, and part of the reason she went to Indonesia in the first place was to set up some micro-lending schemes. Geithner's father was connected to the Ford Foundation, microfinancing, and Stanley Ann Dunham, see Wiki link for Timothy Geithner info.

His father, Peter F. Geithner, is the director of the Asia program at the Ford Foundation in New York. During the early 1980s, Peter Geithner oversaw the Ford Foundation's microfinance programs in Indonesia being developed by Ann Dunham-Soetoro, Obama's mother, and they met in person at least once.

Wiki

You are definitely right, something weird is going on.......

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by sezsue
There is another agenda with China

Will Monday be the day the agenda unravel? Considering Hilary is in china right now.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I doubt it would happen any time soon actually, but the Clintons have their own long history with China, there was a lot of controversy about China when Bill Clinton was president. You should look into it.

new topics

top topics

join