Only one week to live , what will you do ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
If , God forbid , you find out that you only had one week to live , how would your life / lifestyle change ?

Now let me ask this , keeping your answer in mind from my fist question , why should you be living your life any different knowing that you have a good 60 or so years ahead of you , for one week or 60 more years makes no difference when it comes to an end , it was all but a blink of an eye to the grand scale of things .

I am of the belief that people count on time to always be there , tomorrow will always come and as a result of this train of thought people allow them selves to become spiritually lazy and to caught up with the materialistic .

I would enjoy hearing your thoughts on this subject .

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

I would take each day as it comes, I enjoy the element of surprise ;o) I dont try to create, everytime i do it disappoints.

Nice thread, s&f

[edit on 31-1-2009 by MCoG1980]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
You ever hear the story about the three chinamen playing Fantan? This guy runs up to them and says, "Hey, the world's coming to an end!" and the first one says, "Well, I best go to the mission and pray," and the second one says, "Well, hell, I'm gonna go and buy me a bottle of Vodka and six whores," and the third one says "Well, I'm gonna finish the game." I shall finish the game, Max_TO... I shall finish the game.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Why would life be any different? I would continue to make life as comfortable for those around me as usual,

Have you said what you would do, OP? Sorry if I missed it.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Well first I would get rip roaring drunk!

Then spend the rest of the time with loved ones and making sure that I left nothing that needed to be done unfinished make amends and such.

And then get ready for the ultimate experience.

Edit to add
I try not to create situations that require amends anymore I made this life change a few years ago after a life altering experience.

[edit on 31-1-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I'm of the belief that there is nothing after death. I also live in a large country and have ties across it. I would see my family on the east coast. My friends across this nation. Leave nothing unsaid.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

I'd try to beat guitar hero on expert. I also would NOT mow the lawn.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

why should you be living your life any different knowing that you have a good 60 or so years ahead of you , for one week or 60 more years makes no difference when it comes to an end , it was all but a blink of an eye to the grand scale of things .

Poor generalization...

I "structure" my life around the norm - with an occasional moment of insanity...and I do find this to be a pattern shared by many.

So, yes there is indeed a seperation of experiences and decisions...

I would take risks not normally assoiciated with my current way of life if I knew the end was near...

You would not..?

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alienmojo

I'd try to beat guitar hero on expert. I also would NOT mow the lawn.

I've already done both

So I guess now I get an extra week

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I would smash EVERY piece of glass that I can find!!

Windows, car mirrors, ornaments and shot-glasses!

Glass-smashing is a gift from God.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
meditate and achieve complete peace.
giving each second to gratefulness and compassion, and accepting death as a natural passage.

-

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
What would I do if I had only a week to live?

Well I have always had a fantasy about becoming an international jewel thief. You know, like in the Pink Panther movies.

I also have secret plan on how to steal the French Crown Jewels from the Louvre. It would take about 5 days to set up and execute.

That gives me two days to laugh my butt off in a French jail.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I have a huge family. I would try to gather as many of them together as possible and spend my last days telling as many people as I could contact how much I loved them. Of course it would be a grand feast with way too much to eat and drink. Everyone would be invited and we would party like it was 1999.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
1. Clean house, specifically boxing and mailing items to 'the people they are supposed to go to'.
2. Boxing and labeling stuff to be sold off in an auction, hiring the auctioneer and telling him or her to whom the proceeds should go.
3. Opening and sorting through all the boxes that haven't been opened in 30 years. Discarding or sorting into categories above.
4. Finalizing the details with my cemetary lots, there dispositions and ordering my completely blank headstone and cherry tree.
5. Closing my accounts and forwarding the proceeds to whom they should go.
6. Ordering my non-funeral funeral.

Voila! No work left for survivors! *smug grin*

No lifestyle changes really, organize, sort, dispose.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Bucket List.

5 days worth,
the last two days, I'd go shopping at walmart try to find sales on some chinese merchandise

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I'm with you Bud.

By the way, would you be interested in some nice jewelry? Real cheap.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Have that $6,000 gaming computer I have always wanted overnighted to my house. Then I would play games and on the last day alive i would light it on fire....just to say I can.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by chapter29
I would take risks not normally assoiciated with my current way of life if I knew the end was near...

I'd be on the phone straightaway to Mythbusters asking them to build me a rocket-powered wheelchair to jump the Grand Canyon Evel Knievel-style...

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

If I had a week to live? I'd do nothing different, nothing at all.

Those that would rush and drastically do radically different things that they ordinarily wouldn't do in such a short ammount of time probably have many regrets or would admit to themself that they didn't live how they really wanted.

I would sit back, take it easy, relax.

[edit on 1-2-2009 by Razimus]

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Lay in bed naked next to my girl and just be together.

Much of what we do is done to provide food & comfort so we can be with the ones we love and just enjoy living. Though I enjoy comfort, & luxuries. My free time to live, love and walk the earth has always been more important than chasing money.

So, yeah one week left. I might spend a day or two doing one of my favorite hikes to get a beautiful view of the earth and then I'd just lay around naked, have great sex and eat my favorite foods.

I nearly died about two years ago and I knew that I would die without medical attention soon, as I was having a heart attack and my strength was fading (I later learned my main pumping artery was 90% blocked). It took all I had both mentally and physically to get help before it was too late. I think the most important thing was that I didn't want to be alone when I died.

[edit on 1-2-2009 by verylowfrequency]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join