It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Genesis Prayer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Sure to guarantee your desires, with math included!

Anyone ever have experience with this? Positive or negative..........believe it or not?

I'd like your input if you have read it or tried it. Thanks

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
first of all we'd have to know what you're talking about..

could your perhaps write a bit more? we aren't all psychics you know.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by PuRe EnErGy

It's a book:

The number 42 is key to unlocking the secrets of the Genesis Prayer, according to mathematician and self-described "student of spirituality" Meiliken. Exploring the meaning of numbers in scripture is nothing new-the third-century Christian leader Origen was famous for his mystical interpretations of scriptural number symbolism, and Meiliken works within Judaism to crack the many-layered significance of 42 from Genesis 1:1. Meiliken wastes no time getting to his overall message beyond the prayer itself, promising readers from the very first that "this book is for anyone who wants a miracle...or needs proof of God's existence." By way of the Genesis Prayer, Meiliken assures readers they "will discover an ancient gift that works every time, no questions asked." The magical promises appearing throughout the book give it a "get-spiritually-rich-quick" flavor that may have readers wondering if a money-back guarantee is also on the table. Based on talks Meiliken gives about the prayer, the book never quite departs from having a seminar feel. He aims to convince readers his knowledge of the prayer will not only change their lives but eliminate all difficulty, from extreme personal suffering to the mundane traffic jam.

amazon
So far as I can tell Hitchhiker's Guide covered this.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
That's all good and well, but I thought the point of a forum is to display the information, not to just elude to it

Some people don't take the time to drudge up google to search for things.

Interesting none-the-less, I would like to hear the OPs take on this.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
42. Isnt that the answer to the universe in hitchhiker's guide to the Galaxy?

second line. Also intrested in the op's views on this.

edit: you already had the Hitchhiker Guide covered

the number 42 is pretty interesting, read the wikipedia entry, very thought provoking, the religion bit, and the travelling around earth bit

en.wikipedia.org...(number)

[edit on 31-1-2009 by M157yD4wn]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Just one more awesome thing about 42.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
To all that replied, thanks.

This was a question to any who might have read, and or tried it.

I read the book, and don't know what to think about it, so was looking for answers,,,,,,,,
Thank you all for being so polite, and if anything, I got you interested.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by M157yD4wn
42. Isnt that the answer to the universe in hitchhiker's guide to the Galaxy?

second line. Also intrested in the op's views on this.

edit: you already had the Hitchhiker Guide covered

the number 42 is pretty interesting, read the wikipedia entry, very thought provoking, the religion bit, and the travelling around earth bit

en.wikipedia.org...(number)

[edit on 31-1-2009 by M157yD4wn]

I appreciate the reply, and never had a number in mind, but thanks.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
42 is not one of the significant numbers that is contained within the first book of genesis, no matter which of the jewish esoteric systems to use on the first book.

And yes I know 42 is physically present in the first book (through the letter/number transliteration), but not in the context of a key for anything.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
The problem with 42 is that it doesn't fit into the Fibonacci sequence.

The Fibonacci sequence you can see in all of nature and the universe. From a single flower, to an entire galaxy you will find this pattern. The closest relation to this sequence is that 42 is 21 X 2. Where 21 is a single part of the sequence.

Sacred Geometry and the flower of life, which all geometric shapes can be seen in, even down to the flame on a candle carries alot more weight with me than just a number.

The Kabbalah tree of life can be found in this. In sacred geometry. As are pretty much all religious symbols and so on.

[edit on 1-2-2009 by badmedia]

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Btw, I recommend the movie PI on this topic. It's a pretty good movie.

Here's a trailer for it. Great movie.

[edit on 1-2-2009 by badmedia]

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

Thanks for your reply. I have read this before, and I find it interesting since I lived in Louisiana, which is big on the Fluer de Lis, but few people who live there and don the symbol know what it really means.

I look forward to watching the movie you have recomended.

[edit on 1-2-2009 by Enthralled Fan]

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Enthralled Fan

This is my favorite movie for introduction to sacred geometry. Might have seen it before.

The flower of life is the fabric of the universe basically IMO. The 2 lines that surround it represent infinity. Meaning the pattern just keeps repeating over and over.

As well, this is only the 2d version of it. When you start getting into higher dimensions then you look at these in 3d and so on. Where rather than just circles, they would be spheres etc.

For a more in depth description of Sacred Geometry, and how it applies to basically everything, then this video is pretty good, but it's about 2 hours long and you kinda have to like the topic to stick with it.

Google Video Link

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by badmedia
reply to post by Enthralled Fan

This is my favorite movie for introduction to sacred geometry. Might have seen it before.

The flower of life is the fabric of the universe basically IMO. The 2 lines that surround it represent infinity. Meaning the pattern just keeps repeating over and over.

Thanks for this link, I had never seen this before. He mentioned something about a book, so I did a google on Charles Gilchrist to see if I could find it. He's got a website that lists all his youtube videos on the subject and there are quite a few I look forword to watching. Sadly, the site does not appear to have been updated since 2007. Also, I did appreiciate when he said it took him a long time to put into words his feelings on the subject, since it dates back thousands of years, yet is so basic few people know about it. I feel it is something we have lost in our evolution. It's sort if sad, really.

As for your other video to watch, I will definately look at it tomorrow when I have a couple of hours to spare.

new topics

top topics

join