It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA photograph pyramid on moon.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

There are lots of images that show terrain like that. Even here on Earth. Doesnt prove its a pyramid structure. It may have the shape of a pyramid, but that doesnt prove its a pyramid of artificial construction or made by some intelligence out of the natural materials.

What is needed is multi-band IR imaging so we can see the compositional differences. Plain old black and white images dont tell us what the composition is. Plain old black and white does not give us enough information, 256 shades of gray is hardly enough data to prove anything. It also does not give us any depth. I can take a plain old b/w moon image of a crater and invert that and suddenly the crater looks like a dome.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by amnon

BTW, the overlay only lines up on the left side of the shadow, and is way off on the right side.

The pyramid shadow on the LRV floor image does not have the same angles on each side.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
what you are seeing is an artifact from the prism viewfinder of the film camera used to take this picture. on the top of old slr film cameras is a prism which directs the light from the mirror to the viewfinder for focusing. an slr camera has a mirror which is normally fixed at an angle so that it covers the film, and allows the viewfinder to look through the lens. when the shutter button is pressed, this mirror flips up, exposing the film, then flips back. the actuation of the mirror is what you hear, the classic "shutter sound". in a weightless environment, the mirror can be slightly erratic. the moon is an extremely bright object to photograph (that would explain why the original is overexposed). when this picture was taken, the mirror could have traveled beyond its normal "flip-up" position and caused a reflection of the prism viewfinder to be exposed to the film. on earth, this never happens because of gravity. also, the viewfinder only would have shown up on the film when an intense amount of light floods the darkened interior of a camera body. such light was from the sun, reflected off the moon. think of how much moonlight lights up a dark night. then think of how much brighter the moon would be if you were that close to it. do the research, my information is valid. nasa did not develop any special film cameras to use aboard their missions, they wasted enough money developing a pen to be used in a no-gravity environment; the russians used pencils.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Umm...those cameras did not have viewfinders. They were strapped to the astronauts chest, pre aligned so that when they stood up straight, the camera would get a shot that was close to eye level based on the hight of the astronaut.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

please tell me, how does one "stand up straight" in space? the strapped cameras you are referring to were used in the mercury and gemini programs where the astronauts did not move about the capsule. this changed with apollo (the program that went to the moon). several videos of the apollo missions document astronauts freely using cameras throughout the capsule.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I LOVE the Nefertiti picture at the end of the video. Let's talk about that! I mean, it's OBVIOUS, isn't it?!

Nefertiti on the moon!

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
RFBurns is completely correct. I've looked into this before because I was suspicious of the amazing quality of some of the moon shots, I still am suspicious, in general some of the shots on the moon are STUNNING and I really struggle to believe that they were taken without a viewfinder on the MOON!!!! My father and a group of ex BBC employees were highly suspicious of the original images...but we aren't here to discuss that today and most will know what i'm talking about.

but anyway, lets move on from this nasa 'pyramid' its not what it's claimed to be so lets move along!!!

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Interesting video documenting claims of NASA image tampering and light contrast anomalies:
www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   
www.ufoblogger.blogspot.com...

Indian Moon mission Chandrayaan-1, has transmitted more than 40,000 images of different types since its launch on October 22, 2008, which many even in ISRO believe is quite a record compared to the lunar flights of other nations.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   
NASA's Apollo DSE "Black Box" Transcripts :

Strange comments around 8:11

Link:
www.youtube.com...

Thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Has anyone else noted in RFBurns "refreshed" image of the supposed pyramid photo there is also seems to be a tower on the left that you cant notice in the original enhancement. anyone else see it?

[edit on 16-4-2010 by Horus73]

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I wish the government would just drop the secrecy already. We know what's going on. It's been years of conditioning, just tell us about the alien corpses, the craft and the bases on the moon already. Sure it will be a shock and some people will commit suicide. So what? We're going to find out sooner if not later.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
A bump for more investigation. I am curious about Karl"s last post above with the comments from astronauts.
I just read the top 10 mysterious pictures thread and that led me here.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ajr1817

FYI, this has been debunked before, but I'm not sure where in this thread.

Not a pyramid, but the LRV floor.

Fair enough to be fooled, but shame on those like Luna Cognita, who know doubt have seen this image, yet still propagate the idea that this image is something it isn't.

Those who call out NASA as an organisation full of lies, yet knowingly use debunked material, quite simply keep Ufology firmly embedded in the ghetto of ridicule and disbelief it inhabits in the eyes of many.

If people want to be taken seriously, they need to be open-minded (and honest) enough to accept what has been debunked, and move on to that which has not been resolved.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP
Why I think that photo does not show a pyramid or even a pyramid shaped mountain.

1. The photo was taken on the surface, there is no doubt about it.

2. It's the last photo from magazine 135/G according to the Lunar Surface Journal or the first from magazine 136/H, according to the Photo Index available on the Lunar Surface Journal.

3. The photos before show the seats and the floor of the LRV, photos taken by Jack Schmitt before he changed the magazine, just to finish it.

AS17-135-20678

AS17-135-20679

4. The first photo (available) after the "pyramid" photo also shows the LRV.

AS17-135-20682

5. There are other photos taken in similar circumstances, both at the end and the beginning of the magazines.

AS17-138-21181

AS17-138-21182

AS17-141-21665

AS17-141-21666

AS17-141-21667

AS17-142-21669

AS17-142-21670

6. Nothing around that area looks like a pyramid, as we can see in this panorama (sorry for the bad quality of the panorama, I had to make one myself and I did not had the time of making a good panorama).

(Click for full size)

7. Nothing looking like a pyramid was ever seen or photographed (as far as I know) in that area.

in the first to... i can almost see a piramid from the top view... like the camera is on a mountain looking down on top of a pramid shape... with perfect straight lines.....

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: RFBurns

the shot is over exposed, maybe this is the reason no black sky...... black gets grey real quick qith super bright light..
or nasa already messes with images before release.... strange idea.. some one else pointed out a face,, what if this beeing is translucent or the the cause of the over exposed shots..

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: JPhish
i have no doubt that the images and videos the public received of the moon landings were phony; but it feels like you guys have been staring at mars rocks for too long . . .

The overexposed picture is probably nothing, we're trying to see a familiar symbolic object, when it is more than likely something very mundane, like the floor. (as RFburns suggested)

The new Indian picture might prove promising however. The strait edges certainly seem a little too "cut" to be natural.

[edit on 2/1/2009 by JPhish]

lol there are strighter cuts found on earth than we canmake today on larger stones....

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: trusername

As a speculative experiment it would be interesting to see if the angle of inclination is the same as the Giza pyramid -anyone got a protractor?

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

I was just thinking the same thing

imho it doesn't look like the same angle as the craft. But maybe the light was different? We can all find triangles everywhere. it's hard without something else next to it.

what do you think of the structure in the moon roads video 4:30-5:00 do you think that is a pyramid? if it is, it gives some perspective for us to work with.

this is simply not thrue , we cant find triangles everywhere in nature .. there are no stright lines in nature, and certainly no perfect triangles either.... the SHAPE was there... and must have been man made ( humanoid rather )

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join