It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
originally posted by: ArMaP
Why I think that photo does not show a pyramid or even a pyramid shaped mountain.
1. The photo was taken on the surface, there is no doubt about it.
2. It's the last photo from magazine 135/G according to the Lunar Surface Journal or the first from magazine 136/H, according to the Photo Index available on the Lunar Surface Journal.
3. The photos before show the seats and the floor of the LRV, photos taken by Jack Schmitt before he changed the magazine, just to finish it.
4. The first photo (available) after the "pyramid" photo also shows the LRV.
5. There are other photos taken in similar circumstances, both at the end and the beginning of the magazines.
6. Nothing around that area looks like a pyramid, as we can see in this panorama (sorry for the bad quality of the panorama, I had to make one myself and I did not had the time of making a good panorama).
(Click for full size)
7. Nothing looking like a pyramid was ever seen or photographed (as far as I know) in that area.
originally posted by: JPhish
i have no doubt that the images and videos the public received of the moon landings were phony; but it feels like you guys have been staring at mars rocks for too long . . .
The overexposed picture is probably nothing, we're trying to see a familiar symbolic object, when it is more than likely something very mundane, like the floor. (as RFburns suggested)
The new Indian picture might prove promising however. The strait edges certainly seem a little too "cut" to be natural.
[edit on 2/1/2009 by JPhish]
originally posted by: trusername
As a speculative experiment it would be interesting to see if the angle of inclination is the same as the Giza pyramid -anyone got a protractor?
[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]
I was just thinking the same thing
imho it doesn't look like the same angle as the craft. But maybe the light was different? We can all find triangles everywhere. it's hard without something else next to it.
what do you think of the structure in the moon roads video 4:30-5:00 do you think that is a pyramid? if it is, it gives some perspective for us to work with.