It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA photograph pyramid on moon.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
This will be like the face on mars the definition is not good enough so am waiting for more facts.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
My two cents. The red arrows show the direction of the sunlight:

But I've always like that strip. Maybe the dinosaur poking its head out of the crater a little farther down on the strip lives in that pyramid:

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Woah, never knew about that. Thanks for sharing the info and posting that trailer. Definitely gonna keep an eye out for this! Much appreciated!

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
That's a marking for a commit

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12

Perhaps this is why lunar astronaut Jack Schmitt felt compelled to design these NASA Apollo 17 insignias:

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

Karl:

The insignias most likely are that of the earth with the structures on them. If one looks closely, one can see the craters of the moon on the top object (object without structures) in the first insignia. On the second insignia, the Rocket is launching upwards towards the "moon" from a city.

The city or structures on the earth is most likely stone henge.

So I am pretty sure these insignias imply nothing.

Unless of course this was all obvious to you all, in which I case I will bow out for making a fool of myself.

[edit on 2-2-2009 by Unlimitedpossibilities]

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I know litte green men made it why cant we acept that cool stuff happens on its own. I drive all through utah and see natural wonder created by nature

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Nohup you hummer me you do not no the meaning of septic

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mintwithahole.
This pic was taken in Taurus Littrow somewhere south of Bear Mountain. If it is a true pyramid why doesn't it show up in any of the lunar orbit photo's taken while flying over this region? And before you say they've been airbrushed out surely if they had then this bleached out pic would never have seen the light of day? You can't have it both ways.

Well... ya know, if you read the thread... I mean just the first page at least, you will find most of your questions actually get answered.

For example, here is a post from the first page of this thread, which answers your specific question....

Originally posted by 2012_1111

one is Triangular Pyramid Anomaly.These photos (allegedly) come from the ISRO (Indian Space Research Organization), not from NASA or the ESA.

Source

On November 26, the indigenous Terrain Mapping Camera, which was first activated on October 29, 2008, took shots of peaks along with carters.According to media reports "This came as a surprise to ISRO officials"

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Unlimitedpossibilities

Good call....

One could even intuit that the phrase implied by those insignia would be "From Stonehenge to the Stars".

As it to illustrate how far mankind had progressed technologically.

Just my 0.02.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Unlimitedpossibilities

Thanks for the reply,in the new film Moon Rising there are specific lunar images which resemble megaliths and geologist Jack Schmitt included them on the (rejected) insignia.
The film should be available soon.
Cheers

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kyoto111
Nohup you hummer me you do not no the meaning of septic

hummer?

You mean humor?

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
You have got to be kidding me.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Here are two consecutive frames from the Apollo 17 magazine that are both over-exposed. The so called pyramid in question may be nothing more than a part of the craft as is clearly seen in the subsequent image.

The image in question - The 'Pyramid'...

AS17-135-20680

And here's the previous image from the same magazine 135 which is partly washed out but clearly showing part of the craft but resembles a pyramid too...

AS17-135-20679

IMHO, the image being over exposed, the so called 'pyramid' in the first image which is the bone of contention, is therefore most likely to be a part of Apollo 17 itself, making it resemble a pyramid!

Cheers!

www.hq.nasa.gov...
www.hq.nasa.gov...

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

Ya we pretty much came to that conclusion back on page 2 and see my processed images a couple pages back. (RFB takes credit for blowing the moon pyramid out of the water)

20579 and 20582 are the closest image sets to 20680 and both are of the LRV floor. The only one I can sort of line up with the faint frame piece of the LRV and the shadow triangle is 20579. But there is another earlier one 20576 that also come close but not as good as 20579.

Its too bad this isnt a pyramid. It would be really cool if it was. Well easy come easy go I suppose.

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 3-2-2009 by RFBurns]

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   
the technology used here is good viewing. the art direction and the effort to make this film was done by a talented group, there really is no other way to put it. When i see videos like this, i always keep a strong grip on what I might hold to be true, but still amaze over the quality of the actual artwork and diligence. shoot - even if 100% bogus, non-factual, pure sci-fi, it sure makes for good entertainment and, in this case, merits a lot of research.

thumbs up to the poster and to the director!

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
Ya we pretty much came to that conclusion back on page 2(RFB takes credit for blowing the moon pyramid out of the water)

Please only speak for yourself. You came to the conclusion that in your opinion the pyramid is a part of the craft.

Can you show me which part exactly?

Originally posted by RFBurns
Its too bad this isnt a pyramid. It would be really cool if it was. Well easy come easy go I suppose.

Yea, I'm sure you are pretty sad.

Pyramids_of_Giza.jpg

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Originally posted by Mintwithahole.
This pic was taken in Taurus Littrow somewhere south of Bear Mountain. If it is a true pyramid why doesn't it show up in any of the lunar orbit photo's taken while flying over this region? And before you say they've been airbrushed out surely if they had then this bleached out pic would never have seen the light of day? You can't have it both ways.

Well... ya know, if you read the thread... I mean just the first page at least, you will find most of your questions actually get answered.

For example, here is a post from the first page of this thread, which answers your specific question....

So I ask why the Apollo or the lunar orbiters never photographed the pyramid and you immediately jump forward to 2008 and start referring to the Indian pictures of the moon and the anomalies they supposedly captured. Wakey, Wakey! My question still stands. Why, if the pyramid appears in the bleached out Apollo 17 photograph doesn't it then appear in the earlier photographs? Why would you airbrush one set of pics showing an anomaly and then release another picture showing the very same anomaly? It, much like you, doesn't make sense!

Originally posted by 2012_1111

one is Triangular Pyramid Anomaly.These photos (allegedly) come from the ISRO (Indian Space Research Organization), not from NASA or the ESA.

Source

On November 26, the indigenous Terrain Mapping Camera, which was first activated on October 29, 2008, took shots of peaks along with carters.According to media reports "This came as a surprise to ISRO officials"

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
And what about this image of a 'pyramid' taken by the Lunar Orbiter?

In the middle is what looks like a pyramid from the top with structures around it! This and the odd pyramid shaped structure shown in the Chandrayaan photograph is more believable than the overexposed image in question of a part of the Apollo lander!

Cheers!

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by amnon

Amnon thanks for posting

Thats certainly an interesting comparison and,speculatively speaking of course,the angles of inclination do look similar.

Obviously theres no solid evidence for structures on the surface of the moon (light or dark side) but there 'have' been testimonies from high ranking military officials regarding the subject other claims from NASA employees about the 'airbrushing out' of certain images...not to mention some very intruiging photographs.

Of course there may be rational or mundane explanations for these photographs but its certainly speculating about.

Alien Moon Video:
www.livevideo.com...

Disclosure testimony:

Other strange NASA lunar photographs posted by members here at ATS:

Cheers.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by amnon

If you look at the lower left corner of the raw image and processed images, even yours with the nice overlay carefully adjusted so the pyramid fits on the shadow, you will see part of the LRV frame.

Also refer to the mission transcripts where they are talking about the change of the camera film magazines. The astronaut who was taking the pictures was standing right next to the LRV, and there are 6 pictures before 20680 and 2 after 20680 that are all of the LRV floor, 20681 being blank for some reason.

HERE is the mission transcript right before the magazine change. Then Jack begins the pan shots at 20683.

Im not speaking for everyone, but alot are in agreement that this isnt any secret pyramid. Like you, I can take any NASA image of any shadow that looks like a pyramid and overlay another image of a pyramid at Giza and align it just right so that it fits. That doesnt prove anything other than its easy to layer two different images so that an object in both match up.

Also, this so called pyramid, where is the dark sky above it? Are we to believe that a sun saturated picture cannot get the darkness of the black sky on the moon, yet it can pick up a faint dark shadow of a pyramid off in the distance????

Please explain why the sky is saturated like everything else in the picture yet it can get the dark shadow outline of a pyramid off in the distance.

Cheers!!!!

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join