It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA photograph pyramid on moon.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Glad I could help too.

Let me help some more.

Here is my result from the source image. And here is what I think.

If this was some pyramid sticking up into the skyline on the surace of the Moon, then where is the black sky above this pyramid????

I dont think this is any pyramid structure, it is a shape from something on the LRV floor and the camera is pointed down, not up or to the horizon.

Image:

Here is AS17-135-20679 that is also over exposed, but definately shows pyramid shaped shadows on the LRV floor.

IMO..no pyramid but in fact pyramid shaped shadows on the floor of the LRV.

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 31-1-2009 by RFBurns]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by riggs2099

You are either aive or one of THEM.
Open yor eyes instead of trying to convince people into thinkink youfway....
Do you believe that it is allowable to alter the trutn of anything.
Even if there is nthing there as YOU suggesr, is it ok to tamper with photographic scientific evidence? NO!
If you want to be proteted that way you can just choose to not look.
As for the rest of us you can relax as we do not need this kind of protection.

Farewell

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by GEORGETHEGREEK

Forger about the pyramid...WHY is there an entire TRANSPARENT FACE in the picture?! Complete with EYES, an outlined NOSE and the corners of a MOUTH!! Its creepy and closely resembles the "aliens" depicted in the movie "Fire From The Sky" where the guy gets abducted and returned later. Just focus back FROM the pyramid. ITS AS CLEAR AS DAY!!!!

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2012_1111

Nice addition. If you let your brain wander for a moment, and lets just assume that the original is a pyramid and that NASA knows it's a pyramid. Then it's not such a coinky dink that ISRO has a blurry picture of what might be a three sided pyramid. Could be a known point of interest for us humans... since our moon is older than dirt and since we have pyramids all over our little blue rock....

Must be nice to be one the over paid government workers who's "in the know" about this stuff.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Any more info out there on this one?

As soon as I saw the picture, it jogged my memory. I knew I had seen debate about this somewhere, and I finally remembered- in the bad astronomy forum.
I went there and found this, which in itself is interesting, in that there is an explanation as to why NASA originally labeled the picture blank:
*snip*

Originally Posted by Luna Cognita
.....skip

I made it ABUNDANTLY CLEAR in that intro video that frame 20680 from the Apollo 17 mission has been MIS-LABELLED in the ALSJ archive (where you got that image from). The ALSJ lists it as being the last frame from film mag 135-Golf, shot as the astronauts were departing Nansen during EVA2. The truth is that this image is ACTUALLY the first frame from film magazine 136-Hotel (EVA1). I have attached to this email page 32 of the Apollo 17 Photographic Index (published in 1974), which clearly (and correctly) lists frame 20680 as being from film magazine 136-Hotel - NOT 135-Golf. Note how it also lists the image as being "blank" which it sure as hell isn't - but that kept people from "wasting" their money buying a "blank" frame that they assumed had nothing on it. ALWAYS remember that for three decades, the ONLY way you had to see these images was to buy them from NASA, and they were not and are not cheap to buy. No thumbnails to look at to choose or anything like that, and no internet to browse back then, ok? That is very important, because that is a major part of how this image has been hidden all this time.

Now Luna Cognita is quite a contraversial poster, and I won't vouch for it, as to his veracity. He posted quite a few videos on YouTube regarding this and other lunar anomalies. However, there is quite a bit about this particular photo, if you are interested there.

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

1d.) Cross-Posting: You will not cross-post content from other discussion boards (unless you receive advance permission from The Above Network, LLC). You will not post-by-proxy the material of banned members or other individuals who are not members, but have written a response to content within a thread on these forums.

[edit on 1-2-2009 by GAOTU789]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by 2012_1111

thanks you know they could be showing the same location I don't know about the cross story though.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Prof appreciate the reply,will certainly look into that one.

The NASA lunar photograph and other airbrushed images are also covered in this film (isn't that Luna Cognita in the trailer?):

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
thank you op for blowing my mind and providing another reason why i love ats so much

the absolutely ingenuity and creativeness is remarkable

this is something that adds a spec of "proof" to something many already believe; that we are not alone in this universe

and it just adds to many more questions in our thrive for knowledge
great post for ats

the only thing i dont look forward to is the unavoidable non stop fight between truthers and debunkers that im sure will ultimately take over this thread

until that point, truly excellent post, and a excellent source for knowledge and new questions and ways of thinking

adds another reason that makes the idea that we are the aliens here on earth that much more possible, who knows, maybe that egyptian goddess did come from out of earth, maybe we didnt evolve from apes, maybe the story of creation's 7 days was just the 7 days our ancestors landed here and impregnated our planet

who knows, no one that i know, but with more things like this, hopefully within our lifetime, more questions will be answered, but i suspect the more answers we get, the more questions we will have

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12
Image found at 6:53

Apollo 17 NASA Lunar photograph AS17-136-20680 which purportedly shows a sunstruck over-exposed frame has now been reexamined with new contrasting techniques and appears to show a pyramid.

Any more info out there on this one?

However much I would like it to be true, "evidence" published only as a crappy, low-resolution Youtube video always makes me a bit suspicious.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   
I agree that the Japan site is worth a look for roads.
Please look at this page Japan prove Apollo 15 Landing

I expect people will have their own view on this - but look at the picture at the very bottom - a road. If this was caused by flpw of lava, it would go straight down. Instead this looks like a "rake" type path - a gentle path that cuts across a steep hill

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I once went out of body and saw giant black pyramids on Mars.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if every solid planet or planetoid on the solar system has a couple of nice little momuments on them.

Believe me, there ARE beings other than human coming and going all over this solar system.

Well don't believe me. Find it yourself. I'll bet you 99 percent of all human beings have encountered beings or craft or strange anomalies at one point in their life. Cognitive dissonance is VERY powerful. You know, you can be hypnotized by professional hypnotists to not see people or objects around you?

So cognitive dissonance combined with mass hypnosis.... imagine what we woiuld see if we all snapped out of it! We could be walking amongst aliens and spacecraft all the time.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by riggs2099
Have you ever thought that NASA covering or hiding certain images from the people is for one reason and one reason only. They see things that resembles certain earth bound objects and decide to hide them because of people like the OP, they think it will cause a something in people to come to conclusions that just aren't there.

Yes, I've thought about that but rejected the idea.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by dunwichwitch

I didn't know that about hypnosis. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. Next OBE I have I might try to leave Earth too. I never really consider it.

I can't tell too much with these pictures, but I have no doubt pyramids are on most planets. I'd say the moon would too.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Very unconvincing!!

Apart from the Pyramid, which is quite impressive but could be a just enhanced shadows, there is not evidence here.

turning craters upside down proves nothing and is pathetic imo, they don´t even look like buildings after they´ve been turned upside down and enhanced.

And that apparent Egyptian woman near the end is the of summit daftness imo. It doesn´t even look like a woman, if the video maker hadn´t pointed it out I woulnd´t have seen it, and even afterwards couldn´t make it out.

Sorry to be a party pooper, I do actually believe NASA has lied about the moon, and that there is a base there. But this is the wrong path and gets us nowhere.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

well the video is amusing.
I especially like the star trek theme music they "borrowed"

Just another no substance video making wild claims.

The video shows pictures with area's taped and blurred out before release. If they were trying to hide something so monumental, why bother releasing that information in ANY form, censored or not. It just makes no sense.

Also that whole crater thing is pretty lame. I can take my telescope out any night and look at craters. Yes craters, not buildings.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof and I find none of that here-unfortunately.

I have no doubt we are not alone in the Universe. It's simple numbers game. I just find this video lacking in the evidence department.

[edit on 1-2-2009 by jfj123]

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by bicnarok

Agreed. I am all for finding artifacts and libraries of incredible documents and devices of an advanced culture.

But these folks are clearly ignoring what I posted. And my analysis is 99.9 percent accurate than theirs could ever be. The video, the enhanced photo of AS17-135-20680 is of the floor of the LRV. Both the photos before it, and after it, are of the LRV floor, unfortunately over exposed. (20579 and 20682)

The photo from IRSO is from a strip IR source which from the source, is quite small compared to the strip IR sets we can get from the THEMIS web site that are of the IR data from the Mars orbiter Odyssey. The IRSO strip photos do not show any conclusive evidence of a 3 sided pyramid. If this is a 3 sided pyramid, it is a lop-sided pyramid because the side that is in extremely dark shadow is at a steeper angle than the two sides in sunlight.

Well there is nothing wrong with allowing people to have an imagination, and to have a dose of wonder and adventure.

There are other photos of the Moon taken during the Apollo era and during recent missions like Clementine that show more interesing things than over exposed shots of the floor of the LRV.

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 1-2-2009 by RFBurns]

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   
i have no doubt that the images and videos the public received of the moon landings were phony; but it feels like you guys have been staring at mars rocks for too long . . .

The overexposed picture is probably nothing, we're trying to see a familiar symbolic object, when it is more than likely something very mundane, like the floor. (as RFburns suggested)

The new Indian picture might prove promising however. The strait edges certainly seem a little too "cut" to be natural.

[edit on 2/1/2009 by JPhish]

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Being a backyard astronomer for many years I really have a hard time believing any of this. Even with my modest $1500 12" scope with good glass and a steady night I can really crank up the magification. If any one has has the pleasure to look through a decent stable scope it's something to behold and a lifetime memory. You'd be suprised in just how close you can get up on that chunk of cheese.

Aside from that, my scope is just a tiny little scope being used in a urban light plagued backyard. What about some of the large professional scopes? These things have some power and can be used by amature astonomers. Surely some amature astronmer throughout the years using these high powered scopes would have documented something and released it.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Tyr Sog

if there is a cover up, that's unlikely. whomever is responsible for the cover up more than likely keeps tabs on every telescope capable of actually seeing something.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Text I have it on good source that the Mob has taken control of the Moon & that the Pyramid is just a new Hotel/Gambling joint. They're trying to recoup their loses from losing Las Vegas.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join