It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Israel needs to invade The Hague'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
'Israel needs to invade The Hague' - The Jerusalem Post. Full story here

Our troops couldn't fire a bullet anywhere in the terrorist-controlled enclave without some human rights expert flaming on CNN and the BBC that they had wounded an innocent Palestinian.

A comprehensive strategy was needed to shield soldiers from criminal prosecutions.

ONE NEED only to look to the US to see what sorts of potential legislative defenses are possible.

In 2002, the Rome Treaty creating the International Criminal Court (ICC) was signed by numerous countries.

The Senate passed the American Service-Members Protection Act (ASMPA) in response. ASMPA's stated purpose was to "to protect United States military personnel and other elected and appointed officials of the United States government against criminal prosecution by an international criminal court to which the United States is not party."

ASMPA prohibits any American governmental entity or court from cooperating with the ICC and bars the US from transferring any information to the ICC or to countries that are party to the Rome Treaty.

There is no reason that the Knesset to date has not passed similar legislation designed to protect IDF soldiers from criminal prosecutions.

The Knesset must immediately legislate a far-reaching law prohibiting any agency, court or citizen from cooperating or passing information to any war crimes tribunal. It should block access to foreign investigators, including UN special rapporteurs.

The government should be empowered to utilize all necessary force to resist any effort to arrest IDF officers accused of war crimes anywhere in the world.

Foreign countries should be made to understand we mean business.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
so what they are saying is that international law should be shoved up where the sun dont shine.

sickens me to no end.

[edit on 31/1/09 by 04326]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
If the Hague wants to prosecute soldiers for shooting people then the Hague should also prosecute the terror minded people who do the same things. You cannot have one country obey and follow the rules of war and the other not. Either its all equal or it doesn't work. My bet is that the Hague cannot nor should not do anything because of the above mentioned statement. All or None.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Sorry for the short post, but in view of Israels actions and comments recently, Id love to know when is NATO going to invade and "regime change" the rogue state of Israel?

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Melbourne_Militia
Sorry for the short post, but in view of Israels actions and comments recently, Id love to know when is NATO going to invade and "regime change" the rogue state of Israel?

well put! it's becoming an utter joke as to how one country with the support of america is snubbing their noses at everyone.

When questioned, they just spout out the whole - but we were victims of the holocaust line. Get over it! the people using this excuse did not live through the atrocities and know nothing of what it is like to be a victim. it's like a obese kid stuffing its face with cake and when told to stop, just says 'oh but my parents lived through the depression so i should be allowed to eat as much as i like'. wtf?

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Israel routinely violates many international laws and articles of the Geneva Conventions on a regular basis. People love to bash the Palestinians who try to fight for their legal rights, but they turn a blind eye to the fact that Israel pushed them into a corner and forces them to live under a system of Apartheid. The exact same system that was abolished in South Africa because it is racist to the extreme.

Israel does not recognize the International Court of Justice and they always do what ever they please. They are in violation of several UN mandates yet people let them get away with it. I think their recent actions have woken some people up, but the outcry needs to get louder.

Their arrogance knows no bounds.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brothers
If the Hague wants to prosecute soldiers for shooting people then the Hague should also prosecute the terror minded people who do the same things. You cannot have one country obey and follow the rules of war and the other not. Either its all equal or it doesn't work. My bet is that the Hague cannot nor should not do anything because of the above mentioned statement. All or None.

Woah! Man. Woah! What exactly are you saying here, that the terrorists are not actually terrorists? Or that the IDF are like terrorists? Last I heard the terrorists are scum lower than roaches and the IDF are a professional military force from a supposedly legitimate government.

Oh and by the way, when is war equal? And exactly what rules are you talking about? I'm all for "all or none" but if its like that Israel should leave all hypocrisy aside and say that they want to completely destroy the Palestinian people, rather than kill a couple thousand with bombs, cut off water, food, and medicine and then say its only self defense. No nation has ever become great without taking advantage of others, but you cant be a conquering tyrant and innocent at the same time.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Melbourne_Militia

NATO is for defence only. Attacking somebody preemptively is not defence however much some countries may disagree.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Terapin
Israel routinely violates many international laws and articles of the Geneva Conventions on a regular basis. People love to bash the Palestinians who try to fight for their legal rights, but they turn a blind eye to the fact that Israel pushed them into a corner and forces them to live under a system of Apartheid. The exact same system that was abolished in South Africa because it is racist to the extreme.

Israel does not recognize the International Court of Justice and they always do what ever they please. They are in violation of several UN mandates yet people let them get away with it. I think their recent actions have woken some people up, but the outcry needs to get louder.

Their arrogance knows no bounds.

Well, somebody over there is clearly hearing voices in their head as they claim that God tells them to do everything they do.

new topics

top topics

join