It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Israel went to war, should your country be an ally?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
In the past few weeks due to their latest incursion and massacre of Palestinians there has been a constantly growing anti-Israel sentiment around the world.

A recent example is the cancellation of a holocaust memorial in Sweden, and this is a new article from South America.

"About 15 men forced their way into the Mariperez Synagogue in Venezuela's capital about 10 p.m. Friday, staying until about 3 a.m., police said. They tied up a security guard at the synagogue before vandalizing the rooms.

Graffiti left at the scene included the phrases "Damn the Jews," "Jews out of here" and "Israel assassins." The men also left behind a picture of a devil, authorities said."

Venezuela

And although this news item seems to imply that these were vandals and thieves it also shows how much negative emotion there is towards jews in general.

On another thread there is a statement by the Israeli ambassador stating that Israel may consider action against Iran within the next month, and then he asks the camera man to turn of the camera. The question is if Israel did attack Iran or Turkey or any country "in defense " of course would you support your country being an ally with Israel in the subsequent war that would break out? Would you enlist or answer to a draft?

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Short answer yes.

I'm no Bible literalist by any stretch...but my head isn't in the sand nor blind or ignorant to what I have perceived in 40yrs.

I don't know what is up with "God's chosen"

It doesn't make sense to me, but Jesus was a Jew and if I have to hitch my cart to either the Jews or someone else....sorry, I have to go with the Jews.

I honestly don't know of a more naturaly gifted race of people...luck?

If Christ was a Muslim I might switch sides and if they contributed 50% to the enjoyment of my life as the Jews have, then that would help too.
....that reminds me, I have to catch up on the Daily Show with Jon Stewart now.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
How bout since Israel has shown a propensity to being more of a terrorist state than Iran/Iraq/Syria/North Korea combined, we start holding Israel to the same standards as the rest, i.e. start giving them ultimatums and count downs to give up their nuclear weapons or we will give them a healthy dose of "American Freedom".

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Now I have read two responses from Americans with very divergent plans. I think it might be important for people to look at the scenario in a serious light with the way things have been heating up in the middle east.

By the way Rufusdrak, I think America has already given them a healthy dose of "American Freedom". I am sure you know where their military equipment comes from

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
It would depend on the cause of the war. If Israel was attacked for no reason at all, other than their mere existence, then I would agree that the US should help defend them. Other the other hand, if it were Israel that made the first move, again as a pre-preemptive situation, I would not support US help.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

You raise a good point there, let's for arguments sake say that Israel once again attacked Gaza and once again killed more than a thousand people, and prevented refugees from leaving Palestine, and having aid enter Gaza, and say they were once again encroaching into Lebanon and say the Lebanese fought back, and started kicking Israeli youknowwhat ( as I said this hypothetical), and Israel asked the world for help , would you be willing to be drafted or ask your country to be allies with Israel?

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
IMO any country that declares open war with any country for any other reason then being attacked by said country, should be left alone to deal with the reprocussions.

That being said, i doubt the US would idly sit by and watch it's 51st state wage war accross the middle east without joining in for some good ol' fashioned pillaging. The UK would most likely do the same.

I don't really have to worry about Canada fighting Israelis', were so tied up in Afhganistan and on peace keeping missions elsewhere, i don't think we have the man power.

Furthermore were a little more laid back than the rest of the world when it comes to foreign policy, we'll most likely just watch from the sidelines and provide aid to both sides.

Either way war is bad for everybody involved. It is a very senseless and useless charade built to seperate and instill fear within our hearts.

Lets hope it doesn't come to that, for the sake of everybody.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
How about the fact we are sworn allies to Israel. We have been pretty much in lock step with Israel inception in 1948. We provide them with foreign and military aid already. We, America, are Israel's guardian.

Besides for thousands of years Jew have been put in to bondage, murdered, experimented on and had general torture put upon them. They are fighting their sworn enemy. It has been a constant crusade in Israel and it shall always be.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Mynaeris

You raise a good point there, let's for arguments sake say that Israel once again attacked Gaza and once again killed more than a thousand people, and prevented refugees from leaving Palestine, and having aid enter Gaza, and say they were once again encroaching into Lebanon and say the Lebanese fought back, and started kicking Israeli youknowwhat ( as I said this hypothetical), and Israel asked the world for help , would you be willing to be drafted or ask your country to be allies with Israel?

No, I wouldn't support that. At my age, BTW, I don't think draft is an issue.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
What I know the US is using Israel as a leverage to declare upon the Iranians. I have friend who have been in the middle east...I wouldn't say where but he claims that the US wants war because mainly the Iranians are planning to built a pipeline through pakistan up to India that would rival the plan of US to supply its gas pipeline plan into India.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
It would depend on the cause of the war. If Israel was attacked for no reason at all, other than their mere existence, then I would agree that the US should help defend them. Other the other hand, if it were Israel that made the first move, again as a pre-preemptive situation, I would not support US help.

That's very interesting how you say if they were to be attacked first you would support U.S. helping them, i.e. KILLING FOR THEM, but if they were to attack first you merely would not support helping them, however you failed to mention that you would support helping whomever it is that they were attacking. So if Iran/Iraq/Syria/Palestine/Lebanon attacks Israel first, you support U.S. to take those countries back to the stone age, but if Israel attacks THEM first, then you just want to sit back and turn a blind eye right?

Well here's what I support, if Israel attacks ANYONE first, I support Nuking Israel into non-existence and wiping that predatory mad-dog evil state off the face of the earth.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigvig316
How about the fact we are sworn allies to Israel. We have been pretty much in lock step with Israel inception in 1948. We provide them with foreign and military aid already. We, America, are Israel's guardian.

Besides for thousands of years Jew have been put in to bondage, murdered, experimented on and had general torture put upon them. They are fighting their sworn enemy. It has been a constant crusade in Israel and it shall always be.

Every nationality has torture, bondage, and war in their blood at some point of history/evolution. Israel has no excuse for their evil criminal streaks.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Well i know my country would back Israel since Israeli mind tricks are working well over here.But i wouldn't back them,id be crossing my fingers hoping they got their ass handed to them with minimal civillian loss of Israeli life obviously,they are getting just as much kool-aid from their vile corrupt government as we do over here

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
IMO any country that declares open war with any country for any other reason then being attacked by said country, should be left alone to deal with the reprocussions.

The US was not attacked by iraq but still waged a war against them.
I take it this does not count because the US has some sort of exemption from any kind of international law.

new topics

top topics

join