It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fines fraud hits Italian drivers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Fines fraud hits Italian drivers

news.bbc.co.uk

Thousands of drivers in Italy are expected to seek compensation after it was revealed that a system to catch them jumping red lights was rigged.

More than 100 people, including police officers, are being investigated as part of the fraud.

The T-Redspeed system - a revolutionary camera technology - has been in use for two years in 300 areas across Italy.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Oh my, this is good.. a legal scheme found to be as corrupt as those who operate/benefit from it.

I can't wait to see these poeple brought up before the citizens..
I am eager to see how the people will react to this, wether it will open new investigatons in other countries too.

There's gonna be uproar over this one.. It almost beggars belief as to why these people in power could even dream up a scheme such as this.

I guess they thought they could not be found out...

This is just another nail in the coffin for TPTB, what with everything else going on in the way of protests and bringing down corrupt powers.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Policing all over the world has shifted from protecting, serving and public safety to revenue collection with the threat of deadly force, tarnishing your credit and imprisonment to any who don't comply.

With so much money to be made it doesn't surprise me at all that many corrupt methods are used to entrap motorists so traffic enforcement can extract more revenue from a larger percentages of the motoring public.

In the city I use to live in it took the local media to bust the parking nazi's for parking entrapment as more than half the meters would run fast so that the meter would show a violation before the time paid for would expire.

Now the biggest new revenue making system is the traffic light cameras and instead of paying a LEO to do the job the city or county become partners with the corporations that provide and install the equipment and they both share the profits. It has very little to do with safety and more to do with revenue collection.

new topics

join