It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Dawn of the Dead" in real life?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Genus_Unknown

Originally posted by Nemox42
reply to post by shidge.

I totally agree. There was actually a movie that was kinda about a town or city that everyone went crazy because some tainted water supply. Anyways in the movie everyone went crazy and started killing each other. I forgot the name of the movie, I remember watching it as kid back in the 80s or 90s.

I think the movie you are referring to is 'The Crazies' also by George A Romero.

The Crazies

That was definitely the movie. Thanks, Yea that movie was totally disturbing, At least for a 10 year old when I watched it was.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ziggy1706

In dawn of the dead..hell was full, so evil spirits had no choice, but to find host in humans...

Incorrect - DotD was a follow on from NoTLD, so it was the same thing that caused the zombies to rise in the first movie. The movie showed human reasoning as to why it was happening, hence the religious thread that was injected into it (the priest in the tenement at the beginning, Peter's reflection on what his Grandfather in Trinidad believed etc) but these were never once alluded to be literal evil spirits hosting corpses, thats more like Evil Dead. All of the Romero movies pretty much follow on from each other, with the supposition of the radiation from the venus probe causing the dead to rise in the beggining and the populace dealing with them through to Land of the Dead where the small population don't even care about them any more because they now live in fortified communities.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
The idea of reanimated corpses rising and feasting on the living is ridiculous. Mind you I also thought that the worlds banks riping us off to the tune of billions was ridiculous, until lately. The idea that a country such as the UK could go to war because it's prime minister openly lied to us is also faintly ridiculous. The notion that our world leaders could so obviously lie to us, and get away with it, is also amazing.
Come to think of it, if Tony Blair can lie about weapons of mass destruction and then go and flatten the middle east with bombs, only to become the UNs embassador to the middle east. . . I say that anythings possible!

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   
One word: zombochondria!

So You've Decided to Raise the Dead.

The author discusses zombochondria later in the article, but it does make some sense in a weird way. Maybe viral undeath could become a reality with enough research and tinkering?

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I'm not sure any Romero zombies could become reality with current knowledge - perhaps you would be better off looking into something like those in 28 Days/Weeks Later.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join