It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Dawn of the Dead" in real life?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
"When There's No More Room In Hell The Dead Will Walk The Earth!"

I'm a big fan of the old zombie movies, even the new Resident Evil films, but it strikes me that if the dead ever did get up and start chowing down on us meaty mortals all we would have to do is lock ourselves away for a couple of months until the zombies decomposed? Which raises the question, how long does it take for a corpse to become nothing but bones?

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Mintwithahole.

Year? Not sure. Hells a big place though. : )

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Seems to me we already have these...

However, if you are considering enhancing this. Just follow the intentions of the religious and spiritual mainstream. Attempting to use mind control methods from them would also be very useful. It has far more lasting and efficient results than genetic means. Using a Creator or some other head figure seems to also be very effective. I would suggest this, especially if you have no sense of morality or conscience.

It would be best to select a group of people that you personally loath so that you can stay committed to the malevolence you'll be generating. Opening up old wounds has always worked in the past but modern times produce faster reactions than what was possible in the past so you'll need help as keeping your supporters active and stimulated will require continuous repeated injections of well spoken and energizing bull**** especially tuned to those you are speaking to.

If you are worried that you might be creating some kind of cult movement don't be, just call it a political action. It is very successful currently. I would avoid real violence as this tends to lead to eventual finger pointing and that gets back to you and yours. Oh, and yes you of course will absolutely fail. There's no doubt about that.

However, turning a dulled, watered down, creature into a murderous raving beast with no conscience nor apparent means of stopping is easy. The problem for this is that it has already been done. It has even been modernized and fine tuned with amazingly satisfying results. My personal advice is work on curing the problem rather than enhancing that. You'll get your answer alot better than anyone else can give to this immediate question as well.

Cheers!

[edit on 27-10-2008 by Old_One]

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by silQ

OMG yeah, andy r00ls. If you see the bonus vid where he makes a video diary while you hear people outside gettin pwned, you'l like him even more. It ends with him on the phone to the police guy after he's recieved the food from the dog and been attacked

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
It's simple. An extreme form of rabies. Would account for most systems. Except being dead. Though, they wouldn't be bothered by pain as much.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrDudle
It's simple. An extreme form of rabies. Would account for most systems. Except being dead. Though, they wouldn't be bothered by pain as much.

It's not simple at all.
A creature with rabies still feels pain, and rabies wouldn't become so widespread, like the diseases that infest large populations in zombie movies.

It's not simple- That's why no movie has ever given a clear scientific answer to how or why the disease arises.
Except for "28 days" later, which is "Rage".

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by shidge.

I totally agree. There was actually a movie that was kinda about a town or city that everyone went crazy because some tainted water supply. Anyways in the movie everyone went crazy and started killing each other. I forgot the name of the movie, I remember watching it as kid back in the 80s or 90s.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Dewm0nster

I am lucky enough to own a copy of the first of from the series from the "dawn of the dead". The first movie was in black-white, and I am sure the disease started from when Nasa landed a spaceshuttle on earth. (I could be wrong, because I haven't seen that movie in along time.)

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by gordonwest

I thought it was cuz of military chemicals that were spilled out of a plane and landed in a graveyard, the chemicals were what made them turn alive. I think that was the plot for night of the living dead.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 02:45 AM
link   
man this post rocks! because i am a huge zombie movie lover.and have always wanted to ask soemthing like this here..
well, in the original night of the living dead..a NASA spacecraft returning form venus, had carried a weird radiation with it, and when it was detoanted in the atmosphere, the radiation brought dead people back to animation..
In dawn of the dead..hell was full, so evil spirits had no choice, but to find host in humans...
As for resident evil..that was a manmade virus...
28 days alter, same thing..it was a manmade virus..
I supose it oculd be possible, but in relity find it unrealistic and impossible..spiritually it could happen..meaning hell was in fact full, and evil spirits had to find a new home/host.. yeah but hte chances of that actually hapening are zilch.. without living lung heart, thiers no blood being pumped through the body..so after rigemortis, the flesh would be badly decayed and stuff.. the brain itself is clinicly dead, after 9 minutes is it? with no oxygen.. the only zombies knonw, are form HAITI the voodoo rituals.. and that powder( puff fish)? like in the movie, the serpent and the rainbow..some guy in 1986 went to HAITI to learn all about voodo and zombies..and made a movie based on it... the serpent and the rainbow..
so far, thats abuot as close it gets..
none of them flesh eating, of course

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   
A copse would still contiue to rot, even if it was a dawn of the dead situation... unless, somehow, the powers of hell prevented that..
in the mivie, they go into the 2 bus's they converted into makeshift bus tarnsports, to get to a boat... they would have still been saved, IF they had stayed in the mall..the glass was shatterproof, and all they had to do was wait abuot 3 to 4 months somehow before coming back out..the only problem they would have had , was food...and if they had used the sewer system as a tunnle for transport, they could have somehow, managed to get into a supermarket...
but of course, thiers alwasy the risk, the zombies were in the sewer too..in such massive crowds..

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheRandom1
reply to post by MegaBears

Ya know the bible talks about zombies a couple of times:

Duh, the main character of the bible was a zombie, you never heard of JESUS?!! He was a cosmic jewish zombie, and he wanted us to be like him, by eating his flesh and drinkining his blood...

Anyways, I am an extreme zombie fan, and it seems like most of the people on this thread are very ill informed on zombie cinematography,

George A. Romero, "Night of the living Dead", "Dawn Of the Dead", "Day of the Dead", "Land of the Dead", and "Diary of the Dead" has written his movies with the notion that zombies are paranormal. i.e. if you die of natural causes, you become a zombie, if you have not been bitten or have had no contact with a zombie, you become a zombie, if you are bitten or scratched...you guessed, you become a zombie. I believe he went this route because, yes, it may not be as believable, but it's a hell of a lot scarier (seriously, biblical apocalypse is pretty scary, because it would never happen, but if it did, I would sh*t bricks).

The 2004 remake of DoD was a sort of tribute to Romero, that is why the fact of what is causing zombies is very vague, but, in the scene where the old lady shoots zombie baby daddy and he shoots her back, and they both die, and neither become a zombie, deviates from Romero's style, but, the televangelist on tv that say's "when hell is full, the dead will walk the earth", was one of the main characters (Peter) in the original "Dawn of the Dead", a clear tribute.

Then we have the virus style zombie, i.e. "Resident Evil", 28 Days/Weeks Later", "Planet Terror", etc. These movies are the most plausible type, but still, kinda far fetched, but maybe could actually happen(but doubtful).

Then we have the cinematic story based off the book of Anthropologist and botanical explorer Wade Davis, in which the title of the movie is "The Serpent and the Rainbow". Which, while the movie is exaggerated, centers on the study of Haitian zombies. Haitian zombies are not dead, nor do they crave flesh or brains. They are people that have been poisoned and put into a very deep coma, and are buried, then dug up by the "witch doctor" a day or two later to work as slaves. The reason they stay in this "zombie like state" is due to the religious and cultural beliefs of the Haitian people, that have been passed down generation to generation.

Also check out Max Brooks, author of "The Zombie Survival Guide" and Worls War Z". This guy knows his zombies, and politics and cultures. For those of you who have read WWZ, you know what Im talking about.

p.s.If anything I have posted has already been posted or discussed, I apologize, I have had a few drinks and did not have the patience to read through the entire thread.

Cheers, hope this helps any new zombie fans out there

p.s.s.the FVZA.com is not real, but if your interested, here is another interesting zombie enthusiast site (zombies aren't real) but still pretty cool:
ww2.zombieinitiative.org...

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by shidge.
"Some sort of perma-freakout.
Or make people think everyone else is going to attack them"so that they will preemptively attack 'em.

Originally posted by shidge.

I think they call that METH!!!

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
There's some confusion over what was the first real zombie movie. I love these horror movies. I have in my collection a movie, that was once banned, called Zombie Flesh Eaters where the dead attacked a remote hospital on Haiti. The survivors set sail and eventually reach New York only to find the dead walking around there as well!

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
So do you think that biological warfare could one day create a virous that goes wrong and creates zombies?

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
in Max Brook's oral history of World War Z (the zombie war) ..
en.wikipedia.org...
www.imdb.com...
they have problems with zombies for years to come.. because people head to cold climates because there, the zombies freeze and become unable to move.. but then when the thaw comes the next spring.. they are reanimated.
coincidence that the electric road signs that were hacked and got world wide coverage said "head for cold climates! zombies on the loose!"

-

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Chances of the dead rising like zombies to consume human brains = 0.0000001 percent. You have a better chance of having a disease turning us all crazy and psychotic then killing each other off. Then zombie like creatures who can take bullets and eat brains. That stuff is truly only Hollywood can think up.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Maybe somepoint in the future when we start to develop robotics with organic material then eventually use dead host bodies for the robots ( sound unethical ) but not if the bodies where donated in the name of science. A slight malfunction in the cpu or memory could drive these machines to crave more flesh, to be more human and act some what like savage animals or zombies.

Advanced nanotech could be a possible answer to how to make a zombie.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nemox42
reply to post by shidge.

I totally agree. There was actually a movie that was kinda about a town or city that everyone went crazy because some tainted water supply. Anyways in the movie everyone went crazy and started killing each other. I forgot the name of the movie, I remember watching it as kid back in the 80s or 90s.

I think the movie you are referring to is 'The Crazies' also by George A Romero.

The Crazies

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
A strain of rabies that doesn't kill the host?
watch [REC] or Quarantine.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join