It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Dawn of the Dead" in real life?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 10:20 PM
link   
but would not having a conscience really cause someone to kill randomly and violently? possibly.... but we don't know that since all humans are born with a conscience, or we assume they are but then again, assumptions are always dangerous when it comes to science

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 10:34 PM
link   
If I didnt "know" right from wrong, im sure I would kill tons of folk (wow that sounds horrible) .. Cut me off in the grocery store? Chefs knife to the temple. Dont say "youre welcome" when I say thanks? Pen to the heart. Pull into my spot at the gas pump? Light you on fire.

They say kids dont get their sense of right and wrong until they are, what, 2? And up until then, kids can be either the most pure and innocent "little darlings" (Mostly because they know that acting good = rewards, not because they know its right thing to do) or terrible little hellions.. Hitting everyone, breaking things, biting, etc etc..

AN ARMY OF CHILDREN IS YOUR DAWN OF THE DEAD ANWSER!!!!!
WHAT DO I WIN? lol

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 10:46 PM
link   
u know....funny u should say that cuz in the movie, there was a new born zombie baby. it was just born from a zombie mom and it just opened it eyes and screamed....and then they shot it in the head. even though i have no clue wtf the point was in shooting it since babies are relatively weak and they have no teeth and the zombie infection spreads through the bites.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Dont let the media trick you, babies are dangerous!

Hehe..

The more I thought about it .. wouldnt it be easier/more efficient (the all important goal) to have "zombie" (aka mindless killing machine) robots?

After all, they would be much more resilient than lil' ole us.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Man-if someone did not watch the movie yet, they are gonna be miffed
to learn about "Zombie Baby". And, they killed it for one reason, they could not run the risk of the little bugger sharing the "infection". Not only that-it was dead.
I mean, yuch!

Also, there are people born without a conscience. They are the true sociopaths. They are rare, but they do exists. I believe Serial Killer Ted Bundy was actually diagnosed with the disorder.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I saw a pysciatrist saturday morning and she diagnosed me with some sort of anger issues. Every once and a while I kind of black out and go ballsitic and say things I don't mean at all to my best friends/parents/siblings... people who I love dearly. When I snap it's almost like I lose my concience and all I can think about is how much I hate everything.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I'm not sure of the validity of this site (lol... check the site and you will know what I mean... at first it seems like a sham, but the info is actually kinda technical... it's quite freaky)

www.fvza.org...

If anyone knows anything about this site, let me know plz.... I really don't know if it's for a game or someone was bored or if it's real, but the info is quite intriguing. The idea of zombies is, in itself, quite intriguing.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyspiritguide
Man-if someone did not watch the movie yet, they are gonna be miffed
to learn about "Zombie Baby". And, they killed it for one reason, they could not run the risk of the little bugger sharing the "infection". Not only that-it was dead.
I mean, yuch!

Also, there are people born without a conscience. They are the true sociopaths. They are rare, but they do exists. I believe Serial Killer Ted Bundy was actually diagnosed with the disorder.

but the only way it could spread was through the bites and since babies dont have teeth....they cant bite

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Oh yeah, and this (from the same site)

www.fvza.org...

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Glitch314-I commend you.

You recognize there is a problem, and you are seeking help.

It must be awful when you get that mad.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Earthscum

That was a cool freakn' link!

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 11:12 PM
link   
nice link, earthscum.

but i still stand behind my original statements.

I don't think that site could be deemed entirely credible, but that's just my opinion.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Hmm... was looking for a post by WorldWatcher (I think) taht was telling about how some people are made into zombies by some poison and taken after their 'death' to slave work, and I came across this thread on the FVZA:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Still an interesting prospect, lol

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 09:27 PM
link   
(Note to reader: if you haven't seen the movie, you probably won't want to read my post)

Mmmm, I love the idea of zombies, especially after seeing the new Dawn of the Dead movie. In fact, I started writing my own little book based off of the movie! It probably won't ever get published, but some day I'd love for that to happen, it's the most fun story I've written so far and I hope it can be a full novel when I'm done.

Anyway, the idea might be great, but I highly doubt anything like the movie could ever happen. Somehow the body is dead, and the body gets no nutrition, yet the brain is telling the body to eat humans and kill them. Even if the rest of the body is cut off from the brain, it will continue to control the body in this fashion (watch for what's in the cooler during the credits
) Unfortunately, and at the same time, fortunately, this is totally impossible. I don't know all the technical reasons why and how it couldn't happen, but I gaurentee it couldn't. But that doesn't mean Hollywood can't say it can happen, and my book can't say it can happen! It's entertainment! Anyway, for it to actually occur, the disease would somehow have to supply the brain with nutrients to keep it alive and running. Or for some reason the brain's signals are still being sent from certain areas to certain muscles and all all that. Also, it's as if the living body has a resistence to the disease, so the only time the body can be taken over is after it's already dead, therefore no white blood cells would be fighting and the brain would not be putting up a fight either, if that's even possible at all (perhaps subconsciously?).

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I'd have to agree with u, lostprophet, but have u checked out the link provided by one of the members?
www.fvza.org...
It's pretty cool but what i want to know is that if there were so many big incidents with zombies in the past, why don't we know about them and if it's a cover up, how is it being done? Also, those famous cases r a little weird too. If they were famous, then y doesn't the history books mention them? it's still pretty cool nonetheless. Perhaps a new biological weapon is in order?......scary thought.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 07:43 AM
link   
to everybody that looked at that website and thought they had found a wealth of information i would advise you to click on the disclaimer link at the bottom

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   
In the movie 'Day of the Dead' the dead couldon't take any nutrients from the food they consumed becasue they had no stomochs. They were going off of pure instinct. They could also go for a decade before thier decaying bodies threatened thier mobility.

Scary #.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 01:10 AM
link   
A virus like 'rage' in 28 days later is alot more likely, especially with today's designer viruses (aids anyone?). Just drop it in an enemy city and the civilians will kill eachother and the military. Then just walk in unopposed when the infected starve to death.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Im just giving my opinion on the movie here.. since its got a bad rap from some previous posts...

Granted, its no where near as good as the original DoD, but it has its moments. The opening is AWESOME after they wake up.. its hell on earth literally! The movie has a really great sense of dread happening. As in there's no up-side to anything, a very very grim situation. And watch ALL the credits... kinda like a 2nd ending going on. I've never been to a movie where people (girls) were full-on screaming at things!

Yeah yeah, the story has some holes (what doesnt these days). But if you like zombie movies at all.. go see it!!! Holds true to the zombie movie formula and gets going strong in about 5 mins into the film.

I'd give it about a 7.5 outta 10.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 11:00 PM
link   
As stated earlier, in the original movie Night of the Living Dead, there was an object in space that was somehow linked to the Zombies. Let's surmise that instead of a biological infection, it was a mechanical invasion - nanobots. Machines can keep a body alive indefinitly.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join