It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Dawn of the Dead" in real life?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 09:12 PM
link   
how would it be possible to produce violent, man-eating zombies such as the movie, "Dawn of the Dead?" (the new one, not the old one). like what part of the brain/body would u have to tinker with and how would the corpse have to be altered and what would be needed to turn a dead corpse into a living, mindless, deadly zombie? wouldn't the zombie just die permanently after awhile since all the living people turned into zombies and so they would have nothing to eat so therefore, their cells would run out of the necessary energy source to stay alive?

P.S. to all those who didn't c the movie, dont waste ur money. the storyline was terrible and they didn't even explain as to how the "zombie-ness" started. although those praying muslims in the beginning of the movie was definitely implying that there was a terrorist attack. but it was still the FREAKIEST AND SCARIEST movie i've ever seen. it made resident evil look like sesame street!

and i'm not talking about those little whimpy zombies that have they're arms out in front of them and walking slowly towards you. i'm talking about deadish things running after you tearing you apart!

[Edited on 12-4-2004 by silQ]

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Well first you would have to develop a virus that shut down most life functions, I guess you could call it the T Virus, then you would make a multinational corporation that you could call Hat or maybe Umbrella, then slowly work on the formula for years while creating convenient accidents to test it. In all seriousness though, this is a good question

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   
maybe theres some chem in the brain that the virus makes the zombies need an crave an they have instinct to eat brains.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent47
Well first you would have to develop a virus that shut down most life functions

the only problem with that is that our bodies need ALL of the functions in order to survive. shutting down one would ultimately shut down all the other and u still need the brain to tell the zombie to kill and stuff. i'd say u have to tinker with the brain a lot after the person has died while reviving the vital functions. but then, they would be just as fragile as living humans. any ideas?

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I havent seen the movie, but it looks like "Night of the Living Dead," that movie sighted an anomaly in space as the reason why the dead were walking and seeking flesh.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I think it would probably be easier to find a way to turn the "fight/flight" mechanism on permanantly than to make someone a "mindless zombie". Some sort of perma-freakout.
Or make people think everyone else is going to attack them so that they will preemptively attack 'em.

Could be by virus, chemical, radioactive wave to the brain, suggestion/hallucinagenics etc etc. Quite a few ways people COULD do it, but would probably take lots of research, and time/money to implement.

Ive always kinda hoped something like that would happen though.. worlds so boring as it lol.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Good movie (I laughed at a few parts-these new Zombies can hall a$$!!!!).

Just a thought, Author, why do you ask?

Why use disfunctional, dead flesh, when we have such mind-numbing drugs that can turn the living into Zombies?

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyspiritguide
Why use disfunctional, dead flesh, when we have such mind-numbing drugs that can turn the living into Zombies?

cuz one druggy don't slaughter hundreds of pple at once and the affects of the drugs will wear off soon.

if u haven't seen the movie and plan to, dont read the P.S part.

P.S. I gotta agree. that movie was pretty cool (in the scary sense). andy the gun shop keeper was the coolest. especially when he wrote his last "message" in blood.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I think it would be more like it was in the movie 28 days, it wouldent kill people, but turn them into blood thirsty canibals. Mabe something like mad cow? I don't know its affects but mabe if it evolved to the point where it could take shelter in human bodies and make us go crazy. I think its entirely possable, but theres no way it would get so out of controll, the national guard would be ontop of it right away if it was contracted through bites or bodily fluids or what not becuase with guns you can take them out from liek a bajillion feet away. But if you ask me I think its entirely possable and I wouldent be suprised if something like that did come out.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by shidge.
I think it would probably be easier to find a way to turn the "fight/flight" mechanism on permanantly than to make someone a "mindless zombie". Some sort of perma-freakout.
Or make people think everyone else is going to attack them so that they will preemptively attack 'em.

Could be by virus, chemical, radioactive wave to the brain, suggestion/hallucinagenics etc etc. Quite a few ways people COULD do it, but would probably take lots of research, and time/money to implement.

Ive always kinda hoped something like that would happen though.. worlds so boring as it lol.

I agree- i think a "28 days later" scenario would be much more likely than some sort of zombie attack, and much easier to come up with a virus for- basically triggering the "fight or flight" response to stay on "fight" permanently, instead of running away.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   
yea but in "28 days later," the zombies died with one good bullet to the chest. in "dawn of the dead," the zomibes had to be shot in the head in order to die completely....again. i'm talking about zomibies that are almost impossible to kill.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   
that's hollywood.

an invincible dead person? how the hell would you even make that?

once the heart stops, the brain dies shortly after. then the body is useless- trust me, i've seen enough dead bodies to attest to that fact.

so if the only way the zombies could die in the movie was through a bullet to the head, why not take a machetti to the neck and sever the head from the body- saves time and money on ammo, and once the heads off, a person- even a zombie- couldnt survive.

to get to my point- zombies aren't real. and the zombies we see in the movies are make-believe. its physically impossible for them to exist- especially ones that are physically impossible to kill.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bobbo
that's hollywood.

to get to my point- zombies aren't real.

to the first qoute, "That's hollywood," that's how many of our greatest ideas came to be. cell phones use to be sci-fi. hell even genetic engineering use to be sci-fi.

and the second quote...i'm sure many other ats members would love to share some REAL zombies with u. but those zombies aren't killing machines.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   
If you want to make an "unkillable" zombie(maybe even a zombie at all), I would think the first step would be to deny reality.

Human beings will be just as fragile in whatever state you can put them in, as they would be normally.

I think your best bet would be the "perma-fight" mode.. Because when you are angry enough, some things wont even get to you.

I knew a guy once who broke his knuckle while fighting this other dude, and he kept hitting him anyways, claiming that he didnt feel it.

Hooray for adrenalin.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   
first of all, you're taking my second quote out of context- we're not talking about "zombies" that are just people on prozac, or zoned out on TV or whatever. we're talking about the living dead, killing machines you see in the movies.

and they aren't real.

and my first quote- "thats hollywood"- sure, cell phones and GE were in the movies, but technologically it's possible. coming from the medical background that i have- and i'm sure anyone else that has a medical background would agree- it's physically impossible have the kind of zombie that you see in the movies.

which means that no matter what crazy scenario you propose, SilQ, i'm still going to say that zombies- in the movie sense- are not physically possible.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   
yea i would have to agree. like i said, zombies will be just as fragile as us and if we knew how to make the undead invincible, we'd probably use it on the living instead.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 09:56 PM
link   
correct me if I am wrong, was it an Urban Legand, or did the US Military in the 1960's-1970's (Vietnam Era) use drugs to de-humanize soldiers, and turn them literally into" killing machines?"

side note------>Also, in the movie A CLOCKWORK ORANGE, one of the important messages, implied by the Author, was IF you attempt to mess with the "basic" instinct of who, and what a Man is, he will begin to self-destruct.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyspiritguide
correct me if I am wrong, was it an Urban Legand, or did the US Military in the 1960's-1970's (Vietnam Era) use drugs to de-humanize soldiers, and turn them literally into" killing machines?"

WHOA! really? i've never heard of this legend! very very fascinating. anybody have anymore info? how did it turn out? y (if) did they stopped it?

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 10:00 PM
link   
there's rumor that the nazi's did experiments to try and reanimate the dead.

i dont know much about the US trying anything with drugs to de-humanize soldiers, but i would imagine that with the technology in that era, if they turned them into "killing machines" then they would probably turn on each other- if they are programmed to kill, its safe to assume that whatever "turned on" the killing function also "turned off" the ability to distinguish what is right or wrong.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I'm sorry, I wish I had more information for you (I was WAYYYYY Too young to remember much about the Vietnam Era). I believe it was all part of the CIA-type experiments with hypnotism/drug experiments on Military Personnel (like '___').

It is possible, I am mixing apples & oranges here, but I am pretty sure, I remember something about using drugs, and hypnotherpy to "de-humanize" soldiers, so they would not have a "conscience" when it came to killing other humans (ie: "The Enemy").

In effect, they were trying to turn them into "Sociopaths". I hope someone else can either fill in the blanks, or help prove it was an "Urban Legand".

Can anyone else help here?????

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join