It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We must help each other when TSHTF

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I am so pissed off. All of the signs show that hardcore sh-t is about to hit the fan and yet every one is still asleep in their bubble. Are people really that retarded?! I tell them and they don't believe me, even though I had been warning about the Economic Collapse, North American Union, New World Order, etc for years. Now this is in everyone's faces all the freaking time and they still can't see it. Granted, I have managed to wake up a few people that I personally know of, and have been on blogs and facebook and such trying to get the information out. However, most people still ridicule such information and refuse to read documents or essentially learn anything because it is "too long/much."

So here is my proposal. Screw the other people. If they haven't woken up from their media/stupidity induced slumber by now they probably won't until it is too late. In fact, they may not ever wake up, and this is their choice.

We have to start discussing now how to recognize each other [ATS members who are awake] on the street, so when the sh-t really hits the fan we can help each other. Might I suggest a hand signal or motion, or group us by area [don't give full address or personal info].

We just need something to help us recognize each other on the street. I feel like there are a lot of us who are awake here on ATS and we stand a better chance united than divided. This does not have to be an ATS thing, but I just thought it best to start here. Let your awake friends know once we agree on some sort of secret signal to recognize other awake individuals.

Please note that I am not calling for armed revolt or anything, but just that in case the time comes when the sh-t really does hit the fan, we won't be alone.

Peace.

[edit on 31-1-2009 by italkyoulisten]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by italkyoulisten

I think that "Enemy Mine" should be required viewing for everyone right now. It will give everyone the opportunity to think about what it is like when you come face to face with the ultimate quest for survival.

We can not afford to allow our petty differences to get in the way of survival and hopefully we will be all the stronger in the end.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I hope people don't act like they did after Hurricane Katrina.

People will act differently. Some will freak out (like the parents that killed their 5 kids). Others will help people out and others will only care about their family.

You better hope that your neighbors are willing to cooperate and not freak out.

But let's see what happens.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by NightSkyeB4Dawn

I have not heard of "enemy mine," I will be sure to check it out.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by italkyoulisten

We just need something to help us recognize each other on the street. I feel like there are a lot of us who are awake here on ATS and we stand a better chance united than divided. This does not have to be an ATS thing, but I just thought it best to start here. Let your awake friends know once we agree on some sort of secret signal to recognize other awake individuals.

I'd be happy to wear ATS clothing, hats, and such, however, I never wear clothing with anything that supports a name on it, because I am not a walking billboard. I will accept payment to promote the wearing of such, though.

Please note that I am not calling for armed revolt or anything, but just that in case the time comes when the sh-t really does hit the fan, we won't be alone.

Who's we, and why do you think you would be alone? People are busy with day to day survival, and while you don't think they are listening to you, I bet you would be surprised who is.

Peace.

Same to you!

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I think the problem is its not happaning quickly enough ( prob deblivertaly being slowed down ) so that as it changes society gets used to the changes so as not to get up in arms about it.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by danielsil18

People will indeed act stupidly. This is what any mis/uninformed animal or machine will do when confronted with a situation that they have not yet experienced or know about [i.e. a deer running in front of a car and freezing].

The asleep people will be caught off guard and will likely be degraded to the most primal of instincts [not that they were thinking much before the crisis anyway] such as fight or flight, do anything for food water shelter, protect one's own [selfishness], and general chaos will arise as people try desperately to help themselves at the cost of others [i.e. looting].

Those awake will likely be more calm as this scenario has been given at least some thought. What we need to do is to agree on one or many symbols/gestures to let others know that we are responsible in-the-know awake people that you can trust for help [i.e. won't steal your food]. WE MUST STAND TOGETHER!

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightSkyeB4Dawn

I think that "Enemy Mine" should be required viewing for everyone right now. It will give everyone the opportunity to think about what it is like when you come face to face with the ultimate quest for survival.

I love that movie and own a copy of it. I watch it every now and then, but all my kids just hate when I watch it for some reason!

Zameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzz!

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enthralled Fan
I'd be happy to wear ATS clothing, hats, and such, however, I never wear clothing with anything that supports a name on it, because I am not a walking billboard. I will accept payment to promote the wearing of such, though.

Who's we, and why do you think you would be alone? People are busy with day to day survival, and while you don't think they are listening to you, I bet you would be surprised who is.

I am personally not down to wear ATS clothing. It has to be something simple that you can just do with your hands so you don't have to wear ATS clothing all the time. Or, we could write a big orange 'A' on the back of our shirts for 'awake.' Just a white tee could do well and is quite cheap. That way we can have 'A' on the front and the back.

I know there are people listening, but like Cropmuncher said, they are not waking up fast enough. We are nearing the too late mark, I think, and if sh-t comes down, I want to be ready. Most people will just look out for themselves.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by italkyoulisten

Hmmmm, have you ever read "The Scarlet Letter?"

If you want to go so far as to distinguish yourelf, you might as well put, ATS!

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enthralled Fan

Originally posted by NightSkyeB4Dawn

I love that movie and own a copy of it. I watch it every now and then, but all my kids just hate when I watch it for some reason!

Zameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzz!

Probably because they are so brainwashed with the nonsense that the MSM feeds them that something of substance or importance is hard to filter in. Our children are the ones that are going to be the most vulnerable and will need the most help to adjust.

The best way to deal with the young ones is to get them involved in a task that will keep them busy and take their minds off what is happening until the shock wears off.

Uncle!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   

We have to start discussing now how to recognize each other [ATS members who are awake] on the street, so when the sh-t really hits the fan we can help each other. Might I suggest a hand signal or motion, or group us by area [don't give full address or personal info].

The first clue that a person knew what was going on a long time ago will be... tada! You won't see them on the street.

We'll all be finding ways to evade the man, the thugs, the gangs. We'll be invisible.

Or, we could write a big orange 'A' on the back of our shirts for 'awake.'

Or how about burning a lower-case "t" on our lawns, saying "Time to leave."

[edit on 1-2-2009 by username371]

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I think you are right in helping those who are aware, and not worrying about those who are not. Those who are awake tend to be a lot more prepared for any SHTF, those who are asleep are not. Any attempts to help sheeple may only, at the best, lead them to becoming totally dependant on you, in the same fashion they are dependant on the system.

The asleep people will be caught off guard and will likely be degraded to the most primal of instincts [not that they were thinking much before the crisis anyway] such as fight or flight, do anything for food water shelter, protect one's own [selfishness], and general chaos will arise as people try desperately to help themselves at the cost of others [i.e. looting].

Most definately. Because they will be venturing into the unknown, and are unprepared due to their ignorance, they will be full of fear. And of course it will be like Hurricane Katrina, except on a bigger scale.

Anyone who thinks murders, rape and muggings won't happen is someone who likes taking blue pills.

[edit on 1/2/09 by NuclearPaul]

new topics

top topics

join