It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A story I was told today... FINANCIAL ENGINEERING - current financial "crisis"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I was talking to my mom today and she told me something that is very interesting...

My mom said she had just got off the phone with a long time friend who she has known since the 60's. We can call this guy Jim...

Jim called my mom today and started asking how she was doing financially. She said her part and then Jim quickly asked what bank do you belong to?

My mom said Bofa (BANK OF AMERICA)...

Jim's mood quickly changed and he went into a story about his nephew. Jim started off talking about his nephews success, he received a full professorship at a UNIVERSITY. HE also has association with the LHC in FRANCE, in a "mathematical capacity"...

Turns out Jim nephew left all of these positions about a year ago to take a job at

BANK OF AMERICA!

Then JIM goes on to say he is very disappointed, his nephew has just informed him
of what he has been doing for the financial institution for the past year.

Turns out nephew was paid a very large sum of money to assemble a team of physicists to "work" on Bofa books. As Jim explained, the job was to create mathematical formulas and models so complex that it would be virtually impossible to
discover Bank of AMERICAS true financial position. Further more this team was instructed to create the illusion of solvency regardless of the truth . This was achieved, as I understand it, by creating a codex using cutting edge mathematics as the model... ??? Normal calculating methods were abandoned in place of math that literally takes a "rocket scientist" to figure out.

Anyhow, this is what I was told today... I have no proof... I am just passing it along.

[edit on 31-1-2009 by The Bald Champion]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
SOUNDS CRIMINAL - BUT then again what would be a crime if committed by a citizen is
standard operating procedure in the private sector.

PLUS THEY CREATE JOBS

No crime there

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
It is pretty much common knownledge among intelligent people that this whole crisis is fabricated to some extent. They want us to be poor, were easily controlled when our main goal is putting food on the table. Nicely distracted as well.

As for me, i don't trust any bank, i don't own a bank account, credit card, loan, car payment, nothing. My cash my cheques every week at a bank that doesn't require me to have a bank account and i'm completely happy.

As far as i'm concerned the banking industry is a SERVICE that I will use as I see fit.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
This is not so far fetched. All the big players in this economic circle jerk have created complex mathematical formulas to value their assets and boost their capital ratios. What would be interesting is if this guy would come forward and admit in public that he created a phony asset valuation model for BoA and they're really insolvent and know it. That might be enough to stop this stupid bailout crap and cut the banksters loose once and for all.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
You know, 97% of the US's money supply exists within computers. Only 3% is actually material. Now don't you think it would be VERY easy to go ahead of manipulate those numbers to show whatever it is they wanted, at any given moment?

I think so....

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Well they have already squandered the current lies they made up...it must be time for a new lie to keep it going.
I would not be surprized if this was true.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
Well they have already squandered the current lies they made up...it must be time for a new lie to keep it going.
I would not be surprized if this was true.

Ya, I mean I know the guy -Jim- he's a level sort of guy who lives off the grid.
I know my mom is convinced with the truth of this. Funny enough is she is the one who wanted me to post this.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe
This is not so far fetched. All the big players in this economic circle jerk have created complex mathematical formulas to value their assets and boost their capital ratios. What would be interesting is if this guy would come forward and admit in public that he created a phony asset valuation model for BoA and they're really insolvent and know it. That might be enough to stop this stupid bailout crap and cut the banksters loose once and for all.

ITS true, I mean if the guy came out and played his cards right...

Not to mention it would be the "right thing to do".

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by The Bald Champion

Sorry to say it but I hope your friend Jim slaps the hell out of his nephew!!

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
reply to post by The Bald Champion

Sorry to say it but I hope your friend Jim slaps the hell out of his nephew!!

Me 2!

Or....

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
well I thought the WEBBOT was created to predict STOCK MARKET TRENDS!

apparently it predicts earthquakes, typhoons ,pestilence ,assassination ,drought ,famine ,volcanoes ,war, total destruction in 2012 and well just about everything

except the stock market

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by invisiblewoman

Webbot sucks and couldn't predict my next fart.
2 line or not 2 line...that is the question!!

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
sure sure my obtuse point being ,yet another majekl math program for evil scammers? ! PFFFFFTT!

top topics

join