It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Governments across Europe tremble as angry people take to the streets

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I think they could have gotten away with martial law in the 40's - 50's even the early 60'z /// but we have been attacked individually and we individually dont want nothing to do with them... the nail that stands the highest gets hammered....
If they did Martial Law today ... they would be missing several haundred people tomarrow -- dont you think... or is it all talk... hot air.. well I for one never thought the American People would allow it to go this far.. but look how wrong I am...

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

Collecting taxes is illegal? Are you really nuts or what???

How can any government care for its people and build infrastructure if it has no money available? Is the IRS illegal too? Stop spreading disinfo because we are getting sick of it!

Not through income tax. That is for paying the interest rate on our debt and for the military.

Everything you listed is paid by property tax, sales tax, fuel tax, liquor tax, cigarette tax, licensing and the thousands of other taxes.

Deny Ignorance is the motto of this site.

[edit on 1-2-2009 by LoneGunMan]

I am quite certain you are wrong!

Taxes are imposed at various levels of government such as township, county, state and federal. For example sales tax, fuel tax, liquor tax and cigarette tax are state imposed and property tax is township/county imposed.

Although I am not very familiar with the exact details of the american taxation system because I have lived most of my life in europe I think you have become quite confused.

Saying that all federal income tax goes to pay the military and national debt is not entirely correct either. Who pays for all federal government employee salaries? Who pays for interstate highways? Who partially subsidizies other major state infrastructure such as international airports, major seaports, tunnels/bridges, sporting arenas, etc...etc???

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by glenn84
What money? Do you call printing paper that is not backed by anything such as gold and silver money? Who do you think is going to be paying back the $800 billion dollar bailouts? The truth is we as a people never had a say in the matter to begin with. Heres some music for your eyes and ears so you can wake the heck up!

www.youtube.com...

As far as I know the reason money is not backed by gold and silver anymore is because there are not enough *precious metals* to account for all the money in circulation and thus a new financial system had to be developed based on debt.

The $800 billion dollar bailouts? We the people will pay for it! Actually, for many decades, I suspect the only thing we will be paying is interest on the new treasury notes issued/sold while the american and world economy staggers to rebound.

What really annoys me is not so much that we had to bail out many companies but rather the lack of transparency and the "sudden urgency" depicted in congress and senate. How could so many people, both in commerce and government, be so pathetically ignorant and complacent until the very last minute?!

Quite frankly, it seems that everything was planned to happen this way for unknown reasons. And yes we can speculate on different theories but the *power brokers* running the show will not make it easy on us.

[edit on 3-2-2009 by EarthCitizen07]

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
IMHO war will break out in Europe, a ground war, like we saw in WWI and WWII, then we the United States will get involved and the whole world is going to be turned upside down. It's not going to be pretty.

[edit on 3-2-2009 by GrndLkNatv]

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

16th Amendment The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several states, and without regard to any census or enumeration.

Note: The Definition of Income was given in the Eisner vs Montgomery case to mean gains or profits from corporate activity and not wages. The 16th Amendment only allows the government to tax the income of corporations and not individual wages

How can such a well defined amendment be misconstrued to imply that only corporations can be taxed. Clearly "taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived" is self-explanatory and leaves no room for second guessing.

I am not calling you a liar. It just seems that the definition given to *income* in that particular court case was erroneous, to say the least!

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Note: In other words the income tax does not pay for any public service that benefits the people and is thus unnecessary. As for paying off the interest on the Federal debt, The Federal Government created that debt when it set up the Federal Reserve in 1913. The Federal Reserve is a private bank which prints all U.S. currency directly out of thin air and then charges the government interest which is partially repaid with the money from the income tax. It is not possible to completely repay the debt to the Federal Reserve because it just keeps getting bigger and bigger every time they print more money. It is in reality a giant scam. It is the biggest fraud ever perpetrated on the American people by they’re government. The only solution to solve this problem is to shut down the Federal Reserve. The government has the authority granted in the constitution to print money interest free. They do not however have the authority to give the power to print money to a private bank.

The *federal reserve* is america's central bank. It prints money and then lends it out to private banks at the so-called *prime rate*. By having the ability to charge interest it indirectly creates revenue but its primary purpose is to control the flow of money in circulation by raising and lowering the prime rate as seen fit.

For example, in a severe deflationary period such as the one we are facing now the prime rate has been set very low to encourage spending.

In contrast, if we were in a inflationary period the prime rate would go up to discourage loaning and spending. If little money is circulating that means the demand for products/services will be high in relation to the supply of money, thus creating artificial demand and thus stabilizing or increasing monetary value.

I just proved that you and the person you quoted really had no idea what they were talking about. Thanks for the discussion!

[edit on 3-2-2009 by EarthCitizen07]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Res Ipsa

I am afraid you are delusional. you will take it up the ass easier than other countries, especially when the minority who do try and resist are swiftly killed. you don't realise who cushy you have had it over the years. same goes for people in other rich western countries, when the governments crack down with proper martial law, most peoples stomach for fighting back will evaporate.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrndLkNatv
IMHO war will break out in Europe, a ground war, like we saw in WWI and WWII, then we the United States will get involved and the whole world is going to be turned upside down. It's not going to be pretty.

[edit on 3-2-2009 by GrndLkNatv]

Haha what a pure nonsense. Do you have some evidence for that or is it just baseless speculation? If the economy collapses, I rather see a revolt happen in the US or a conflict between Mexico and the US if the Mexican government collapses (which has been shown to be a feasible possibility).

The EU brought the majority of Europe more than 60 years of peace and ties between countries continue to grow stronger. Russia is the only force that I could consider as possible threat, but they are a paper tiger that wouldn't be capable of defeating the united European forces.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Res Ipsa

The gangs aren't being rounded up because they are, believe it or not, protected by laws. Once those laws are removed - or ignored - and soon, I think, they will be, then there will be nowhere to hide.

We're seeing a collapse in the world economy and public disorder because the flow of money has been stopped. So you must ask the question: By whom?

Wealth is not destroyed, it is merely transferred. Follow the REAL money trail and you will find the perpetrators of this unholy mess.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

I live in Spain and I am already making homemade explosives to help in the revolution against the politicians and the greedy bankers. REVOLUTION IS NOW!

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Anyhow and all in all... Good times for Besancenot to launch his New Anti-Capitalist Party [NPA] :

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Révolution !

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
The IRS?
"Pursuant to Treasury Delegation Order No. 92, the IRS is trained under the direction of the Division of Human Resources United Nations (U.N.) and the Commissioner (International), by the office of Personnel Management. In the 1979 edition of 22 USCA 278, "The United Nations," you will find Executive Order 10422. The Office of Personnel Management is under the direction of the Secretary of the United Nations."

" The IRS is also an agency/member of a 169 nation pact called the International Criminal Police Organization, or INTERPOL, found at 22 USCA 263a. "

" Under Article 30 of the INTERPOL constitution, these individuals must expatriate their citizenship. They serve no allegiance to the United States of America. The IRS is paid by "The Fund" and "The Bank." Thus it appears from the documentary evidence that the Internal Revenue Service agents are "Agents of a Foreign Principle" within the meaning and intent of the "Foreign Agents Registration Act of 1938" for private, not public, gain. "

" The Constitution only permits Congress to lay and collect taxes. It does not authorize Congress to delegate the tax collection power to a private corporation, which collects our taxes for a private bank, "

irs

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

Dang, I hope you see this doomsday because I can't u2u yet.
Where did you find that recording? That sounds like it would be ats gold! Or is there already a thread for it that I haven't found?

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrndLkNatv

What on earth could you possibly be basing this on?

The EU is almost a single country at this stage. War is impossible within Europe at the moment... unless of course it is with Russia.. and I doubt either Russia or the EU would like a confrontation with each other.

Every other war in Europe was based on ethnic differences, fear and hatred. That is pretty much gone now..

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Enthralled Fan

You don't have a clue. We have trained millions of people to defend themselves and their families. I would see going back to City-States as centers of growth and Mankind will have a chance. We should look to ourselves and not to entitlements to survive. We can do it and I know I can.

A former Green Beret

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join