It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poor ratings or Greatest Show on Earth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I was talking with a friend today and shared with him that sometimes I feel like I am living in a fish bowl. That it would make more sense if we were just characters in an elaborate long running play or a closely observed scientific experiment.

Some times we need set changes and script changes so war, disasters; natural or otherwise, abductions, missing time and missing people would explain those.

I told him that the experiment most be coming to an end or that the viewers had finally tired of us because our world has the feel that it is winding down. The feeling you get when you get close to the end of a movie or a book. I told him that everyone is feeling that strange feeling of something yet to come and many admit to feelings of uneasiness.

I told him I thought if we could come up with ideas outside of the script; you know, ad lib a little; maybe we could get some renewed interest and the show would go on.

He said yeah that sounds interesting but what if the show is already a smashing hit? What if the observers just want to meet the starring players and have a trip backstage? He said after all even the greatest show on earth has to come to an end sometimes.

What is your take?

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Well I know my fish bowl is painted black from the inside so the aliens cant see me.
But if I did let them see... well. My life isnt that interesting.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Depersonalization.

We're all in a movie.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
i think, if we are the greatest show, then, i want my royalties darn it
But on a serious note, if this is the greatest show, then whoever is watching has no life. Cause from an in-production standpoint, this is one crappy show. Like Joey without the friends

But yeah, it could be a great show, and even great shows come to an end, except Simpsons of course, that'll be on forever.

i know what you mean with the feeling of unease. it feels like theres a huge unstoppable force, descending upon the whole of earth, and theres absolutely nothing to be done about it. i wouldn't say its completely disturbing, because at times it feels like its ominous but other times, it feels like its a harmless thing.
whatever it is, the fact is, its there.

All we can do is ride it out.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by M157yD4wn
i think, if we are the greatest show, then, i want my royalties darn it
But on a serious note, if this is the greatest show, then whoever is watching has no life. Cause from an in-production standpoint, this is one crappy show. Like Joey without the friends

I guess that it surely would have to be a matter of taste. Think of how many people love a program and you can probably find just as many that hate it, including Friends and The Simpsons.

I like to think that even if we haven't pulled of "The Greatest Show on Earth" title award, with maybe some additional time we could get there. I just don't know if we will be given all the time we would need to pull off that miracle.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by NightSkyeB4Dawn

You know what's funny? I actually had a very similar thought and conversation with a close friend of mine not too long ago. It's actually a very interesting line of thought. Personally, with the way my life pans out, it's pretty easy to believe. But right now I kind of feel like we're in the off season. At the same time I feel like a new season is coming and it's going to be the kind that advertisers say is "the most shocking television event...." blah blah blah.

new topics

top topics

join