It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Are The Terrorists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Its a serious question, who are the terrorists, do we really know? We state that our media is controlled and manipulated so if we trully believe that then how do we know who the terrorists really are.

On 9/11 I think we we shown 1 or 2 photographs of middle eastern looking men at an alleged airport but it could have been of anyone anywhere. 7/7 was the same a few photgraphs of Asian men carrying bags that could have been any Asain men. With the combined actions of the media and the security services will we everknow if these terrorist groups actually exist. the recent attack on Mumbai was the same, a few photos of men that could be of any nationality and proves nothing of who they really are or who supports them.

In a world where it is so easy to maninpulate the truth, will we ever get the truth or will it be some ones version of the truth. What they want us to believe. We know that through history there has been acts of terrorism but now we are in a different situation where men fully covered claming to support a terrorrist group could just be a group of CIA/MI6 agents. How do we sort this mess out. The perps who are in control have all what they need to make us believe what ever they want, are we even capable of recognising the truth anymore?

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
There are terrorist groups. But in my opinion we see more terror from the governments than from the terrorist groups. They get people scared and give us more "security" in exchange for liberty. I think the government is a bigger threat to people.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Of course person can never really know what happens far away without trusting some source of information or just making assumptions. I even know that some people disregard what they see with their own eyes if it collides with their view of the world and who runs it.
So terror acts on 9/11 and in Mombai could be made by terrorists from Al Qaeda. Or from CIA,MI6,Mossad (i think you missed it for some reason). Actually there might be people claiming that there were no terror acts - they were not there and media lies since it is owned by bad guys. Also legitimate approach.
However there is degree of probability. It is not probable that secret agent will go on suicide mission and die for some crooked cause that does not serve his country. It is probable that terror organization member ,especially indoctrinated with most radical form of religion - any religion by the way that promises better life in heaven if he does it - would die for a cause.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Zero, I was going to mention Mossad but I thought I would let you do it as I have mentioned them in another thread. Either way a man strapping a bomb to him or a man fighting him they are both fighting for what they believe in. The point being that usally terrorism is born out of a belief of some injustice committed or in the case of occupide countries the problem is that it is now convenient for thsoe with an agenda to pose as terrorists in order to further their objectives.

So when a terrorist attack takes place we do not really know who was behind it because we never get the truth.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Everyone is a terrorist.

Terrrorism is to acheive ones goal by creating or instilling fear within. It doesn't mean you have to kill. That's just a more severe form of it.

Technically, a school bully who beats up a kid for his lunch money is a terrorist.

Our gov't threatening us with imprisonment,garnishing wages or putting leins/reposessing our possesions for breaking the law, is terrorism. Many of their laws are unjustified. I have to work, pay taxes, pay taxes again on everything I buy, pay taxes on a house and land I'm supposed to own, and if I don't... they say i broke the law.

Funny how the government does exactly what the mafia does (on a waaaay bigger scale) yet labels them criminal. Hypocrites.

Remember that all the laws are used to create fear in you and give them a manipulative tool to control you.

So ask yourself, who is the terrorists? The people you elected in office.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Revealation, I'm sorry but a school bully is not a terrorist and never will be that is just the media trying to make you believe in their agenda. A terrorist can be another mans freedom fighter. The French resistance were not terrorists they were freedom fighters. The Insurgents in Iraq are not terrorists they are freedom fighters. Terrorism only rears its ugly head when Governments seek to impose their will on others. When an occupide nation has no armed forces to fight the oppressor all you have left is the freedom fighter..

Just as a side note all though history would have us believe that in Hitlers reign the Jews went like lambs to the slaughter thy did not. Ther were many acts of bravery of jews who fought the Germans during the round up of the Jews in Europe would you call them terrorists. I would call them freedom fighters.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I agree and don't honestly believe a school bully is a terrorist but am just pointing out, that according to the definition of the word, it could be applied in the situation.

I also agree that there's a difference between freedom fighter and terrorist. The example you used (nazi & jews) is a good example. It was the nazis who took the innitiative to achieve their goals (making them terrorists). The jews were just trying to defend themselves. So there's a difference.

So basically the point is that the terrorists are the ones who provoke and cause the situation to acheive their goals (hence the example of the bully) while the freedom fighters are just defending themselves and their rights/freedoms.

As far as media is concerned, You don't honestly think I believe what is portrayed, do you? I have been in papers and the way they spin the story is this. They take a partial fact and the rest is eye catching gossip, which by the time it gets from someones mouth to the next is a dillusional fantasy of falsehoods and a minute shred of truth. So no, I'm not brainwashed by media.

I don't believe in following laws, which only apply to citizens/me and when applied to them, doesn't hold the same meaning. I believe in TRUTH, HONOR, TRUE Justice (not corporate justice),FREEDOM and The LAWS which reside in our hearts. Not some self serving,manipulative manmaed law which only serves to further the agenda of the corporation.

MAybe I didn't word it right, or you didn't understand what I was saying....But I was trying to say the gov't and our elected officials are the terrorists.

They would consider me one for my beliefs even though I haven't raised a hand or made a threat but will defend my family to the death. I am/will be labeled a home grown terrorist but am a TRUE AMERICAN PATRIOT, full of compassion and empathy for my fellow human,though many are undeserving.

[edit on 31/1/2009 by Revealation]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Were all terrorists, every citizen of a democratic country. Everybody in the US, CANADA, all of them...TERRORISTS.

The logic is simple, we elect officials who carry out terrorist like acts in other countries or they're own for their own gains. But just because they authorized it, does not remove blame from our heads.

We are the people, they work for us, we elect them. Therefore, we are terrorists because we are they're bosses and we pay they're cheques with our Tax Money.

But really..the word "terrorist" is such a bad word in itself. It's the word that has been used to authorize war, genocide, martydom and a host of other events and range of behaviours that is just down right anamalistic.

We need to stop focusing on the "supposed" people who are trying to kills us, and focus on the individuals and groups who are here to help us, and we should help them, help the rest of us.

IMO

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Tote, yes it is for that very reason that the US is called the great satan, becuase those on the receiving end of the freedom and democraxy don't actually see that. Since the 1st gulf war the US and its friend the UK have killed 4 million Iraqis. Now if thats not a reason to hate us and the US I don't know what is. Wher in the plan did it day that we have to kill millions of innocent men, women and children to bring democracy.

On the same scale it would be like killing 60 million Americans, would anyone in their right mind accept that as a price worth paying to allegedly free people from tyranny, no I don't think so.

No what is happening is that the perps/parasites are using their own people to carryout terorist attacks as an excuse to wage war on innocents for nothing more than profit an greed. The problem is is all, these actions are about rsosrces that woukld mean any country with large fuel reources would become a target for the perps. So once they have rung out the ME where will they focus ther attention on next.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
American government is the really terrorist, they kill more people, sell more drugs and guns then any other organization could even dream about, You start a war in the middle east and kill more iraqis then hussein ever did, you say it was for WMDs, yet magically they vanish, while countries with no resources are left alone, millions die in african revolutions while you invade a country the size new jersey.
Seriously americans have to wake up merely speaking about your goverments latest # up isn't gonna do anything, I dont know if its the fluroide in the water but while millions protest in Europe you eat you mikky Ds and get your botox, no wonder the rest of the world hates america.

GOD BLESS AMERICA, the greatest country every stolen.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I do believe that the American gov't is scum but let's be real. Your gov't and every other gov't are also involved. They all sit down and make deals. It's like one big business transaction. Don't demonize Americans and Brits, or any other people for that matter because it will only go to show they have you fooled/brainwashed and believing their lies. Most of us are innocent people trying to survive in the hell these greedy bastards created.

And you can't blame me for taking part as I have NEVER voted in my life and NEVER will. I will not GIVE somebody MY PERMISSION to do what they will and RULE over my life. I'm a free man and do as my will pleases.I follow the laws God has written in my heart. I have a consciounce, compassion, empathy and above all a heart and soul........unlike the CORPORATIONS/Gov'ts who manipulate and control the ways we live, just to stroke their godlike egos and for their financial prosperity.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Rev, no its not everyone else the Axis of evil UK/US/Israel are the main reason for most of the past and current conflicts and terrorism. They either casue it or create it. Yes there are others but they are the minowes by comparison. No one can wield the power that those 3 countries have.

top topics

join