It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sir Evelyn de Rothschild says you are lazy and greedy!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Sir Evelyn de Rothschild calls for action

news.bbc.co.uk...

Viewpoint
Sir Evelyn de Rothschild
Financier

All of us - countries, corporations and consumers - have neglected basic principles.

Ethics - we have lost sight of an honest day's work for an honest day's pay.

Careful management - we have indulged our wants without the taxes or the prices or the cash to pay for them.

Oversight - public relations and spin have replaced disclosure and transparency; casual yet complex accounting and accommodating rating agencies left us blissfully unaware of the problems, and we revelled in our ignorance.

........................................................................................................

I couldnt read further than what i have pasted here as i want to hurl

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Before I read this...I noticed something that may or may not be related to anything.

But for a black and white picture that guy has some awfully shiny eyes

anywho on to the reading

edit to add:

Why should taxpayers help those who have so frequently refused to accept responsibility themselves?
If the US government uses up its remaining credit to help the auto industry carry on as usual, who will lend the country the money to repair its bridges, build its power stations, clean its water, fuel its navy?

Yes why should we? Is this what they want us to do? Are we feeding into exactly what they expected of us?

I know it's one thing to have your public face and then live your private life as you want...but seems a little fishy to me

-JR

[edit on 31-1-2009 by bandaidctrl]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by bandaidctrl

So he has..... Well i presumed that he would have eyes like a snake....

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
For the first time, i have to say that I agree with what he is saying.

Strange.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Wow i actually agree with everything he says! haha who would have guessed a Rothschild would be the one to honestly describe the situation?

Oversight - public relations and spin have replaced disclosure and transparency; casual yet complex accounting and accommodating rating agencies left us blissfully unaware of the problems, and we revelled in our ignorance.

Hubris has replaced community responsibility as a requirement for executive positions.

Who can argue with that? we need to be moving towards a world with transparency! It's the fakeness and lies which have got us into this problem, its closed blinds which have turned the world upside down, we need to live in an open an honest world then maybe we'll have nice things again.

All this 911 inside job business, it doesn't matter to me if it was it or wasn't -the problem is that is could have been! Governments and all the agencys and businesses around the world are so secret, so shady and clandestine that they could be up to anything! They could be spraying chemtrails, hiding aliens, dumbing down the school system and ruining the economy - it's all secret we can't even tell!

If the world was more transparent, more open then we would see whats really happening and everyone would settle down again, fear would no longer rule the world and much of the tension around the world would die down.

so i agree with Mr Rothschild, shame his ultra wealthy family aren't doing anything to make the world better such as pushing for openness and transparency but meh, i'll wait till i see a Rothschild linux distro before i believe they've got the worlds best interests at heart

+11 more 
posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a rothschild calling common people greedy. oh the irony.
this world is retarded.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I think people are quick to assume this man is a "snake" because of his name. Did you not read his words?
He lays it out in simple terms. He is spot-on in his commentary. People in this country simply refuse to accept responsibility for the problems they have created. Their greed is powerful enough to ruin their entire country so they can continue to fly to Washington D.C. in a lear jet that cost 20k round trip to ask for billions of tax-payer dollars.
Don't worry though, if this isn't corrected soon, people will take to the streets and FORCE it to stop.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Im just gobsmacked that HE is the one to be saying all this..... I think he needs to have a good long look in the mirror..... Then when he is finished throw himself off a cliff

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Master Shen long
It begins now. The transformation from Villian to Hero

They, his family name- The Rothschilds, Rocketfellers, etc created this crisis, and they are blaming us?!

Talk about the bully hitting the victim with the victim's own hand.

'Stop hitting yourself... Stop hitting yourself...'

They have a lot of nerve, spunk, sand, what you call audaciousness, to put the blame onto us.

They have profited greatly through humiliating people, and one day they will find themselves swinging in the breeze by the neck under a bridge where they will be left to rot and fall into the ocean to be reclaimed by nature.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
This situation must be finally hitting HIM somehow.
Otherwise I can't see that there would be this outcry.
Good.

[edit on 31-1-2009 by spinkyboo]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Ok, I'll risk a flaming here..

I think he's actually quite close to the truth. We have all become too complacent, lazy and expect too much, on every level, personal and corporate. Unfortunately we allowed the people we trusted to run our countries and our lives to make it unbearably complex, and now we don't have a clue what's going on, or how we got here.

Complexity is fine for those who can handle it and when it's needed, but it's not required all the time...it created confusion to hide the mess very often, and we assume that those in charge know what the hell they are doing. It is our fault, in a way, for not questioning more, and allowing our cushy lifestyles to buy our silence.

I still prefer his notion of working our way out of trouble. Sounds healthier to me.

So...flame on...it's cold in Scotland!

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinkyboo

maybe... Just maybe he has just the plan to fix all this? Problem Reaction Solution?

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
That cat lives in his own isolated world, propped up on a self important pedestal.

He doesn't even know the meaning the work, he spent his early years as a playboy. A rich kid pompous playboy. While every one else was busting their rears after WWII, he had it made driving a sports car. The only sweat he broke was in bed with the ladies.

Do a search, that guy has no right to call for action, he ought to lead by example instead of from the rear.

link   
reply to post by caitlinfae

I and most of the other posters so far would agree with what he said..... Its just the fact that "HE" has the nerve to say it!!!!!

link   

Originally posted by caitlinfae

Unfortunately we allowed the people we trusted to run our countries and our lives ....

He is one of them.
The messenger is tainted. Big time.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
That cat lives in his own isolated world, propped up on a self important pedestal.

He doesn't even know the meaning the work, he spent his early years as a playboy. A rich kid pompous playboy. While every one else was busting their rears after WWII, he had it made driving a sports car. The only sweat he broke was in bed with the ladies.

Do a search, that guy has no right to call for action, he ought to lead by example instead of from the rear.

But wasnt he busting his backside during WW2 funding both sides of the conflict? Takes alot of time to put your name on a cheque!

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Perhaps is doesn't matter who says it...just that it gets said...it's about the only aspect of this whole mess that no-one is looking at. No-one else has said it so publically. I don't particularly care who he is.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I'll believe the message.

Don't trust the messenger.

Sumpin' stinks when a Rothschild comes bearing gifts.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Master Shen long

"Its just the fact that "HE" has the nerve to say it!!!!!"

Well at least SOMEONE has said it. If it wakes people up to the reality of the situation, I'm happy. Most people are actually starting to believe that throwing money at this mess will fix things. It is like Hitler reportedly said. "If you tell a lie enough, people will believe it to be true"... This is the mentality that people are starting to take. In the beginning people were outraged at the bailout mess, and now after they've had the money issue forcefed down their throats by the media, they are starting to believe that this is honestly the way out.
At least someone with some clout is shouting against the norm.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Master Shen long

Originally posted by spinkyboo

maybe... Just maybe he has just the plan to fix all this? Problem Reaction Solution?

Good - Those who reaped the benefits from this corrupt system - should be fixing it
Without - however, enslaving the rest of us.

Does this man know what it is like to not have money, a home, a doctor?
I think not.
A hard honest days work for most people also will not fulfill these needs.

The system that he has been a large part of is frightfully corrupt.
Personally I think we need to even out the field a bit -

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join