It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Environmental Tobacco Smoke: A Cause of Breast Cancer?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Source:

CalEPA report and Breast Cancer risk assessment of breast cancer due to tobacco smoke (2nd hand)

I don't think they get into 3rd or 4th hand smoke, but more as tobacco as a toxic air contaminant.

The report June 2005 was trying to get tobacco added to the list of toxic air contaminants.
From content:
"....a little toxic waste dump on fire"

Measuring smoke outdoors?

Link it to breast cancer?

Go CA.

Add Cheap Womens perfume to the list and I'll bite.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
where will it end,,,i'm so sick of this

compared to nuclear waste,,, the chemicals in our food,, vaccines,,,medications etc etc

what about these towns with chemical plants and 70% of the towns population have cancerr,, or warning signs of cancer???

more bs propoganda

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Oh for crying out loud what is this...attack all smokers week with pure bogus bull....?

This isnt a nation of tolorance anymore, its a nation of whinny petty weaklings just aching for that utopia world where we are all atomatons with absolutely no freedom to choose or free will to simply be human.

Pathetic.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by imd12c4funn
I'm not going to sit through an hour and a half of listening to someone's hysteria. Here are the facts, as reported by anti-smoking-biased sources:

"When women in America today are getting breast cancer at a rate that is three times the rate of 50 years ago, something is seriously wrong," state Assemblyman Dario Frommer said at a special joint meeting of the legislature's health committees.
Source: www.planetark.org...

California’s adult smoking rate dropped to 14.0 percent last year, the state’s lowest level on record, State Health Director Sandra Shewry announced today. The new mark is down from a rate of 14.6 percent in 2004 and represents a 38 percent decline since 1988, when California voters passed Proposition 99, which established the state’s comprehensive tobacco education and prevention program.
Source: www.applications.dhs.ca.gov...

Smoking at an all-time low, breast cancer increasing drastically. Case dismissed. Ignorance denied. Next?

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

Thank you. Perhaps these anti-smoking advocates will put the REAL data on the table and not all this bogus rant whine baby garbage.

Cheers!!!!

(lights up and offers TRN another smoke)

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I like the part where the speaker says "here's a mammery gland just minding it's own buisness...."

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by imd12c4funn

Well, I think we can safely say where his mind was right about then...

"Those darn cigarettes are messing with my toys."

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
WAKE UP!!! GET RID OF BRAS, THE PILL, AND STOP MAKING CHICKEN BREAST THATS 4 TIMES THE SIZE OF REGULAR CHICKENS, FFS.THIS WORLD IS IMPLODING!!!!!

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
If tobacco was as deadly to all humanity as they make out, they would've used it as a biological weapon in warfare already.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
Oh for crying out loud what is this...attack all smokers week with pure bogus bull....?

This isnt a nation of tolorance anymore, its a nation of whinny petty weaklings just aching for that utopia world where we are all atomatons with absolutely no freedom to choose or free will to simply be human.

Pathetic.

Cheers!!!!

i thought the same thing,,, after that ridiculous thread yesterday,,,,where smokers were lambasted,, while other way worse pollution is ignored or excepted as life

i came to see if it was the same op that started the other thread
i was laughing as i clicked on this to see

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Can the moderators combine all these smoking/non-smoking threads into one compendium thread so that we aren't forced to run around trying to fight smokers in every direction. Oh wait that's the every day reality for non-smokers.

Non-smoker spending time on the beach, a half an hour later some obese smoking old woman comes along and lights up. Hmmm end of nice time on the beach and time for the non-smoker to either ask them to stop smoking and receive a scolding about smokers rights, or just keep moving until you are stuck in the worst spots on the beach but able to breathe.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Mynaeris

So why not just approach the council who is responsible for this beach that you spend so much time at, with a petition to have smoking on the beach banned?
We have on the spot the fines issued to smokers who are caught smoking on our beaches here.

At least then you'd be doing something about it.
And the problem solved for you. Not unless there is some other random obscure place that a smoker might occasionally blow smoke on you.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Mynaeris

"Doom, despair, and agony on me...
Deep dark depression, excessive misery...
If it weren't for smokers, I'd have to call to whine...
Doom, despair, and agony on meeeeeee...
"

Has it ever occurred to you that if what you say is correct, there would be no smokers left alive for you to complain about?

Since you just challenged me to provide some accurate facts about smoking in another thread (which I did), why don't you do the same thing here? How about refuting my post showing an inverse correlation between breast cancer rates and second-hand smoke?

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Hypochondriasis \Hy`po*chon"dri*a*sis\, n. [NL. So named because
supposed to have its seat in the hypochondriac regions. See
Hypochondriac, Hypochondrium, and cf. Hyp, 1st Hypo.]
(Med.)
A mental disorder in which melancholy and gloomy views
torment the affected person, particularly concerning his own
health; a morbid and deluded belief that one is afflicted
with disease.

Syn: hypochondria.
[1913 Webster]

From The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48 :

Hypochondria \Hy`po*chon"dri*a\, n. [NL.] (Med.)
An excessive concern about one's own health, particularly a
morbid worry about illnesses which a person imagines are
affecting him, often focusing on specific symptoms; also
called hypochondriasis.
[1913 Webster +PJC]

hypochondriac:

An otherwise normally functioning non-smoking person, with symptoms of psychosis and showing signs of lunacy resulting from the topic of tobacco rights, aggrivated by mental instability during same incidents.

From IMD's DICTIONARY (2009)

From WordNet (r) 2.0 :

hypochondriasis
n : chronic and abnormal anxiety about imaginary symptoms and
ailments [syn: hypochondria]

From THE DEVIL'S DICTIONARY ((C)1911 Released April 15 1993) :

HYPOCHONDRIASIS, n. Depression of one's own spirits.

Some heaps of trash upon a vacant lot
Where long the village rubbish had been shot
Displayed a sign among the stuff and stumps --
"Hypochondriasis." It meant The Dumps.

HYPOCHONDRIA (C, SIS)

Non-smoker believing smokers will make them ill, diseased, be in a state of constant sickness using tabacco as the evil to justify a witch hunt campaign.

A non-smoker

From IMD's DICTIONARY (2009)

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   
So if tobacco smoke causes breast cancer...maybe we should find the ingredients in it that MAY cause breast cancer.

So what do you think is more likely and truthful?

Cigarette smoke causing breast cancer or exposure to products like poisons like ratsack weed spray flea and cockroach bombs home fumigation sprays, products that people use EVERYDAY like toilet cleaner, insect spray and paint?

The conspiracy here is to blame cancer on second hand smoke rather than the TERRIFYING prospect that we are killing ourselves with EVERYDAY PRODUCTS.

new topics

top topics

join