It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Octuplets' Mother 'Obsessed with Children', Wanted 'One More Girl'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Octuplets' Mother 'Obsessed with Children', Wanted 'One More Girl'

www.ktla.com

Suleman stressed that her daughter "is not evil, but she is obsessed with children. She loves children, she is very good with children, but obviously she overdid herself."

Angela Suleman said all the children are from the same sperm donor, but she did not identify him. Her daughter is divorced, but Suleman said the ex-husband was not the father.

Friends and family also reported that Nadya Suleman worked as a psychiatric technician until she was injured on the job. Then she began having children and enrolled in school.

She graduated from Cal State Fullerton in 2006 with a bachelor of science degree in child and adolescent development, school officials said. She returned to pursue a master's in counseling, but last attended in the spring of 2008.

By juggling school and six children, Frickert said, Nadya Suleman proved to be "a lot more capable than the average person in handling stress."

She and her children live with her mother in a 1,550-square-foot home in Whittier, and her father has been working in Iraq as a translator to help support the family.

Court records show the woman's mother Angela Suleman filed for bankruptcy last March, but after she failed to make required payments and appear at a creditors' meeting, the case was dismissed.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I am shocked that this kind of treatment can be allowed in a "civilized" country like America. This woman is a single mother, with 6 pre-exiting children and obviously has some serious mental issues. And still doctors were willing to help her have more babies - not by accident but by choice. Let's speculate who gets to pay for these children? hmmm ... you and me!!!

In a few years these infants will be two years old and she will want another 8. She doesn't need children, she needs psychiatric help and sterilization.

Maybe this is a way to get money out of the media to pay for the debts?

Notice that ALL 14 children were from a local sperm donor? A police officer it is speculated - is this woman obsessing about some man? Or just plain out of her head?

Let's count here 14 children, the mother, her parents - all living in a 1550 square foot house? Shouldn't somebody be calling in the SPCA? If these were 14 dogs in this space they would be taken away? Even cats!

www.ktla.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 31-1-2009 by Mynaeris]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mynaeris
This woman is a single mother, with 6 children and obviously has some serious mental issues.

Which will no doubt get passed on to her adorable family.

This sucks bigtime. Welcome the new arrivals to the screwed up future they have to look forward to.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

More interesting is the woman and her family are from Iraq. Is this Iraq's revenge on Americans, or some way of replacing the thousands killed in Iraq through this breeding machine?

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Damn she needs to get a hobby or something. By now the babies just fall out while she sneezes.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Who is anyone to decide how many kids should person have? I can understand if you would advocate that no financial aid shoud be given to faimies with a lot of kids and single parent. This is clearly a public matter since it is a public money. But how many kids a person has - is private matter.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

The medical costs in this case is already more than $800 thousand, this from an unemployed single mother - who do you think will pay? And then she will start saying well she needs to get an education so she can raise her kids properly? I think that when her and her 14 kids start impingeing on society as they obviously can't all live in a three bedroomed house. Psychologically these kids don't have a good chance of succeeding in life.

In short no we can't decide how many children anybody should have until it starts being our tax money paying for her psychosis.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Mother 'Obsessed with Children'

Good thing you put 'octuplets' in the title of this thread or I would have thought you were talking about Angelina Jolie and her collection of children - like a bottle cap collection. Her set of twins was an 'on purpose' multiple birth. They aimed for twins.

I don't know what reputable doctor would implant 8 babies in a single woman who already has six kids. Many of those children could have died before birth. Each death would have been a tragedy.

To the doctor that is encouraging this womans' mental health issue by implanting multiple births. He/she should be investigated by the medical profession.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

The similarity between the Jolie-Pitt kids and this woman is that the general public get to pay for them. In the Jolie-Pitt case the general public feel that Both Angelina's and Brad's jobs are so much more important than your run of the mill plebs contribution to society that they should be entitled to about 10 million a piece per film. But still they aren't shaking the money out of the gullible public's pocket.

In the case of obsessed mommy #2 the woman is on disability and still getting IVF because she wants at least another little girl. Now she has 14 - something really screwy with this woman.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
Who is anyone to decide how many kids should person have?

No one unless the person cannot provide for them at a level above negligence. At that point, the state can decide how many kids, if any, a person can have.

I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would want 14 kids. I have 2 - five years apart, and it took everything I had to get that done with out a media incident. But, there are families this big everywhere...and some of them without proper income to take care of the kids. I'm not saying they don't have the right to be irresponsible, but if they take public funds to support their irresponsibility they move into the area of accountability to the public they live off.

I think Mynaeris's SPCA analogy is spot on though. If this family were reported by neighbors because they had 14 dogs in a 1550 sq ft home the authorities would be checking occasionally to make sure the dogs were well cared for. I hope the authorities do as much for these babies...especially since I'm betting we're putting public dollars in the pot for their care.

[edit on 1-31-2009 by Valhall]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   

In the case of obsessed mommy #2 the woman is on disability and still getting IVF because she wants at least another little girl. Now she has 14 - something really screwy with this woman.

So...did disability insurance pay for the insemination? If so, that's major major BS.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
Who is anyone to decide how many kids should person have? I can understand if you would advocate that no financial aid shoud be given to faimies with a lot of kids and single parent. This is clearly a public matter since it is a public money. But how many kids a person has - is private matter.
\

this is the typical liberal california answer that i come to shake my head at everytime i read it. sir, please take some money out of your bank account and send it to this nut case woman, because i refuse to pay for her and her addiction.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
It seems that this woman may have been scamming a number of people.

"She conceived the babies through IVF, which doesn't normally transfer more than 2 embryos, and all eight embryos took.

There is no mention or information about the babies' father or where she got the fertility treatment. When she arrived at the hospital where she gave birth for prenatal treatment, she was already 3 months pregnant."

Why is all her behavior so secretive? Note that she waited until three months after her IVF to resurface? Did she mention to the doctor who did the IVF she had 6 children already? And Valhall raises a valid point did she get all of this on the taxpayer?

I found this quote though:

""From what I could tell back then, she was pretty happy with herself, saying she liked having kids and she wanted 12 kids in all," Garcia told the Long Beach Press-Telegram.

"She told me that all of her kids were through in vitro, and I said 'Gosh, how can you afford that and go to school at the same time?"' she added. "And she said it's because she got paid for it.""

article

Valhall: I think we have found a new case for ATS' own Nancy Drew!

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   

The similarity between the Jolie-Pitt kids and this woman is that the general public get to pay for them.

There is no similarity whatsoever. Angelina has responsibly adopted 3 kids and has 3 of her own. And she is taking 100% responsibility for them. To say that we pay for her kids just as we pay for someone who is on welfare or other assistance is incorrect. If that's true, then we pay for the car-dealer's kids when we buy a car. We pay for the Sears employee's kids when we shop at Sears. But going to a movie, buying a car and shopping at Sears are all voluntary. The money going to pay for this "baby addict" is coming out of our tax dollars whether we like it or not. We don't have a choice.

Agree or disagree with Angelina's choice to have 6 kids, it IS her choice and she's doing a great job. But this other lady... Jesus! There's no comparison.

Now she has 14 - something really screwy with this woman.

That's for sure. If I want to get another dog, I have to get a kennel license. What idiot doctor agreed to help inseminate her instead of turning her in?

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I think you missed the part of my post where I said that Hollywood actors get overpaid for the work they do. And by being willing to pay vast amounts to see a movie we are enabling their lavish lives and ability to have six kids if they want to.

Maybe I could have spelled it out more clearly, but it was kind of meant tongue in cheek.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Mynaeris

No, I didn't miss it.
I just don't understand someone making ANY kind of link between this "baby addict" and Angelina Jolie.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I don't want to sidetrack this thread, but have you heard of josephine Baker? I fully understand Angelina wanting to adopt a few unwanted kids, but will she end her search for a new persona with three biological babies?

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Mynaeris

so shes unemplyed and has six kids already
and now this?

woman needs mental health, how does she cope with the costs
as they get older? hand me down clothes?

feel sorry for the Kids,

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

Her last eight children were manufactured and implanted she was not given a choice she make the choice and corrupted medical institutions that should be banned and the doctors prosecuted and jailed for this.

The women obviously is mentanly unstable.

Her last 8 children were not conceived naturaly.

She can not even afford the 6 she already has, now she has 14, this case will end up in child care services and tax payer will pay the bill.

[edit on 31-1-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

One of the six she already had is autistic. One would think that would already be a handful.

I found this quote though:

""From what I could tell back then, she was pretty happy with herself, saying she liked having kids and she wanted 12 kids in all," Garcia told the Long Beach Press-Telegram.

"She told me that all of her kids were through in vitro, and I said 'Gosh, how can you afford that and go to school at the same time?"' she added. "And she said it's because she got paid for it.""

article

Can you say "Welfare Mom"

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join