It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warning - visiting this web site may harm your computer!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Its an alarming subject, however not my words.
When searching for something on ATS (a thread about the meaning of your name), i do the search and then click on the related thread.

Then,

Warning - visiting this web site may harm your computer!

Suggestions: * Return to the previous page and pick another result. * Try another search to find what you're looking for. Or you can continue to www.abovetopsecret.com... at your own risk.

For detailed information about the problems we found, visit Google's Safe Browsing diagnostic page for this site.
For more information about how to protect yourself from harmful software online, you can visit StopBadware.org.
If you are the owner of this web site, you can request a review of your site using Google's Webmaster Tools. More information about the review process is available in Google's Webmaster Help Center. Advisory provided by Google

Original page www.google.com...://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread337658/pg3

Then i go back to the search results and notice that under the subject of every title is message from google "This site may harm your computer".

ATS search uses google engine but because of this whenever you search this happens. Tried this logged in and out.

May want to have a look at the problem, surely cant just be me, but never happend before.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Its a Google database server problem. There are like 5 threads on this that have popped up in less than 2 minutes time.

Just dont click on anything until Google gets the problem fixed.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
'Tis true....just googled "abovetopsecret" and under every entry it says...this website may harm your computer.
However, it also appears to say this under other websites, including a link to YouTube and one from Wordpress.

Have no idea why and i suppose you will have to wait for Skeptic Overlord to give you some technical answer. I don't think it's anything to do with ATS though. I have never had any problem with spyware or whatever when using this site.

edit to add:....skeptic overlord...OR RFBurns

[edit on Sat Jan 31st 2009 by geek101]

[edit on Sat Jan 31st 2009 by geek101]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I think that might just be a way for internet providers to block/scare people away from certain websites.

BUT for the past few weeks my computer was just about murdered by virus crap, and anytime I went to the "recent posts" section, I'd get a warning and a thing saying internet explorer had to shut down.

If I clicked ok, the window I was in would close, then the "error report" prompt would come up, and if I clicked anything on it everything I had open would close.
If I just moved the prompt to the corner of my screen and went about my business, a few minutes later another would pop up with a timer counting down and my computer would shut itself off.

This website has it's good points, but if there were ever a place that people would bug with viruses, this is it.

[edit on 31-1-2009 by alaskan]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
As mentioned its not just limited to ATS. I just did a google search looking for some info on the BART shooting. Of the sites returned most all were major news sites or local SF news sites (SF papers, tv stations, etc). They all had that "Visiting this site may harm your computer" tag on them.

Just a note - I did the seach again just before submitting this post and did not the messages this time though I got the same sites returned.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

top topics

join