It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is going on with Google Canada?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by whiteraven

all ok now here in uk.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Yep...everything good here in Saskatchewan as well.

Crazy fun!

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
that was weird,

cool

I do hope we find out what happened, because inquiring minds want to know

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
oops sorry!

co incided with one of my mass spams regarding future ai......could be co incidence or not...who knows!?

i like to think it isnt!

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
still got it here the uk? also bt servers went down this morning for about an hour before this started?

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
no problems to report on here in England and I've been online for a while now.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
No problems here, however last night when I tried to go to ATS through my favorites link I was redirected to a google page that said "Oops that link appears to be broken" then gave me other search options, cached page link, and help topics links. weird?

My McAfee secure is showing ATS links as green when I search in google, now, with no problems.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Well here is the latest news.

www.pocket-lint.co.uk...

31 January 2009 15:21 GMT / By Stuart Miles

Google saw its entire search offering crippled on Saturday afternoon leaving millions of internet users unsure whether their search results let them to possible dangerous sites that could harm their computer.

Google users clicking on a link regardless of the destination from any Google search result were told that visiting the site could harm your computer.

Instead of the site in question, users were re-directed to a Google page:

"Warning - visiting this web site may harm your computer!"

The error, which appeared around 3pm on Saturday seem to effect every result for the search engine.

"Or you can continue to www.pocket-lint.co.uk... at your own risk. For detailed information about the problems we found, visit Google's Safe Browsing diagnostic page for this site," the page continued before suggesting "For more information about how to protect yourself from harmful software online, you can visit StopBadware.org."

The problem lasted around 20 minutes before being fixed by Google. We are awaiting a statement from the company as to what caused the problem.

And some more at www.making-the-web.com...

[edit on 31-1-2009 by tarifa37]

[edit on 31-1-2009 by tarifa37]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37
Well here is the news.

www.pocket-lint.co.uk...

31 January 2009 15:21 GMT / By Stuart Miles

Google saw its entire search offering crippled on Saturday afternoon leaving millions of internet users unsure whether their search results let them to possible dangerous sites that could harm their computer.

Google users clicking on a link regardless of the destination from any Google search result were told that visiting the site could harm your computer.

Instead of the site in question, users were re-directed to a Google page:

"Warning - visiting this web site may harm your computer!"

The error, which appeared around 3pm on Saturday seem to effect every result for the search engine.

"Or you can continue to www.pocket-lint.co.uk... at your own risk. For detailed information about the problems we found, visit Google's Safe Browsing diagnostic page for this site," the page continued before suggesting "For more information about how to protect yourself from harmful software online, you can visit StopBadware.org."

The problem lasted around 20 minutes before being fixed by Google. We are awaiting a statement from the company as to what caused the problem.

indeed!,it occured exactly the same time that i logged onto the internet today to undertake a mass spam!!!

my google searches are always messed up,i get different results from the same search when repeated,i get results witheld from me all kinds of malarchy!!

may the shaking continue!

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Just a test, this is only a test, do not be alarmed

Testing for government shut down of the web,

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Normal service has been resumed in Australia – I bet they were just testing the water for the big day

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Hi,

Webmasters. Keep an eye on the WMT's.

All sites marked as "evil".

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I ran across the same thing! Here are the google news results for google glitch:

news.google.com...:en-US
fficial&client=firefox-a&hl=en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wn

Google: This Internet Will Harm Your Computer
Washington Post, United States - 24 minutes ago
A glitch in a computer security program embedded deeply into Google's search engine briefly prevented users of the popular search engine from visiting any ...GOOG · Financial planning
Has Google Been Hacked? 'This Site May Harm Your Computer' Appears ...
mediabistro.com, NY - 54 minutes ago
Is the is result of a hacking or a glitch, or merely some formal announcement that Google is officially stepping into its role as Big Brother?GOOG

TMC Net
Google Malware Warnings in Every Result?
TMC Net, CT - 31 minutes ago
Whatever glitch this was, it didn’t last long – things are back to normal in Google Search land... Back to my Saturday morning Web browsing! ...GOOG
I’m worried for Google!
IT PRO, UK - 39 minutes ago
Whether it was hackers or just a little glitch in their Malware scanner I’m not sure but I do know they will be getting some publicity from it - probably ...GOOG

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
yeah..everything is back to normal, wink...wink..

That's another reason to add to my list of why I don't use goolge.

do a registry search and find it infultrating everywhere.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by whiteraven

I had the same problem an hour ago - just ran AVG and found nothing but, its seems to have gone away now?????

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I had the same an hour or two ago, it did worry me, and I admit I did scan my system just in case.

Interesting though.

I'm intrigued.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37
Well that was a speedy response by google, not like that missing data/ "Pentagon-shaped ufo over the North Pole" fiasco a few months ago

They were on a very long vacation during that time

[edit on 31-1-2009 by star in a jar]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Does anyone expect that the internet will always work at 100% efficiency?

What surprises me most, is that here on ATS while several threads were started on this topic, the Mods chose to close them all down except this one, in which the subject is Google CANADA??? This has noting to do with one nation and everything to to with the world. I know Canadians like to feel important but the Topic is off the mark and misleading, just like the message that was appearing on Google. My guess is that the Mods chose the topic that was first, rather than the topic that was accurate. Bad call.

If even the Mods cant get it right, how does anyone expect Google, or the internet in general to always be a peak efficiency?? I am amazed that the internet works as well as it does. Think about it. The internet is made up of untold number of computer systems working together. I do not know one individual that has never had some kind of issue with their own computer. Multiply that by the millions and in theory we should have many problems with the Net.

O Canada, you broke the internets. Can i haz cheeseburgers nao?

[edit on 31/1/09 by Terapin]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I will be interested in knowing whether or not it was the result of hacking or a virus, or just a simple glitch. I wonder if they will even tell us the truth?

We've all been hearing about some sort sit X happening with regards to the internet. If Google actually was subjected to serious hacking or bugs then its a good test to prove a sitX could happen with the net.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Funny,

I guess this shows how people has become dependent on google for anything web related, why don't anyone use direct web site urls anymore?

I didn't see anything wrong until i read this thread and went to do some tests, otherwise i was unaware of the problem and it may have come and go without me knowing about it.

On some other thread someone even stated:

"This website has it's good points, but if there were ever a place that people would bug with viruses, this is it."

Which is one of the most ridiculous things i've ever heard, talk about not knowing a thing about computer software..

As i said earlier, this shows how much people depends on google for anything web related, for a lot of people, the web is google, and the web pages are "inside" google, i have seen that and known people who thinks it actually is like that, if the google servers or software crash or malfunctions, most of those people think it is the "internet" or that all the sites in the world are failing.

Sad but true, google owns the internet, or will own it soon, so it seems.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join