It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a God for each Galaxy in our Universe?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   
From the outset I am not wishing to offend anyone’s religion.

Genesis 2 Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made. And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

I am assuming “heavens and the earth “ to be our solar system. That would allow another 51 solar system “heaven and earths” to be created in one year. That’s going to keep you pretty busy in our Galaxy alone. Hence is there a God for each Galaxy.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by majestictwo

I would say to that question, which sounds very well thought out, it's a very good question, a question most never ask because they don't like to strain their spiritual brains, but this is my answer and opinion on the subject...

yes and no.

Yes, I believe God assigns his angels, and god-like employees to be assigned to not only every person, but every planet, solar system, galaxy, etc etc etc, it makes perfect sense to me.

Is there more than one God? Well I don't believe anyone in the universe can have the title of God expcet for the 1 God, which is 3 Gods, together they are one, he can probably give enough god-power to his workers, maybe they work on a need to know basis, we know angels don't know everything, they don't even know when the 2nd coming is, I do believe that there is 1 God per universe though, and that this universe was birthed from a mother universe and so on and so on, we are not supposed to 'think' about those other Gods because we aren't supposed to worship them, if we don't know about them it's easy to not worship them, but I know about them and I don't worship them so it's not an impossible commandment to keep while knowing more than the average, I do claim to know beyond faith but I can't prove nor do I have any desire to attempt to prove my knowledge of such things, but you can know for yourself just ask the supreme being.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   

god is the understanding of somethint u do not know...

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Razimus

So are you saying the main god puts all his own time in our single world??? that sounds pretty arrogant, not you, humans in general who think a single god created a universe infinetly large and 100billion other stars, yet he only worries about this speck.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Yes there is, along with a Santa Claus, Easter Bunny and Tooth Fairy. All these things are bought to you by Walmart, Starbucks and McDonalds.

So where ever you travel in the Universe you can feel at home

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Razimus

Well I hadn’t quite thought of it like that assuming I am understanding you correctly. Are you saying there is one god but has many workers that act as gods also.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bishop Law
reply to post by Razimus

So are you saying the main god puts all his own time in our single world??? that sounds pretty arrogant, not you, humans in general who think a single god created a universe infinetly large and 100billion other stars, yet he only worries about this speck.

Apparently you didn't understand my post... I believe there are billions+ planets inhabited by intelligent beings, God watches all of them, he sees all at once, he has the Holy Ghost that can be everywhere in all places at all times, he has angels that are also scattered, like I said, if you didn't read my post... in EVERY PLANET, even though I didn't mention it, you picked up on it a bit, God does pay special attention to this planet, because his Son was born here, that is the main reason, also it's probably because the best of the best live here and the worst of the worst live here, and God knows this planet needs a little extra help, the other intelligently inhabited planets he doesn't neglect, he knows all, he sees all, he can comfort all at once.

[edit on 31-1-2009 by Razimus]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by majestictwo
reply to post by Razimus

Well I hadn’t quite thought of it like that assuming I am understanding you correctly. Are you saying there is one god but has many workers that act as gods also.

God can give his power to anyone he likes, but he only gives it to people he trusts, he gave 'some' of his power to Moses you can recall, Moses had the power over water, so much so that not only did he part water on command, but he could strike a rock and water would pour from it instantly. God can give any power similarly to his angel workers who he trusts, they can act for him if he chooses and be his ambassadors to any one of the billions+ of inhabited planets in the universe that God created and populated. I don't doubt Jesus personally visits these planets as well, teaching them, as they didn't get to see him born, he probably teaches them from a different perspective saying to them, he was born on a planet far far away, died on that planet (atoned for the sins of every being in the universe) was resurrected and eternally lives.

[edit on 31-1-2009 by Razimus]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Just off the top of my head, because I think you can over think this one, I would have to say yes.

I think that God would have to be considered to be the one that is the creator and that would not matter as to whom that was whether he be spirit, thought or alien.

Even if one argues that a world can be delegated as a task by God to an apprentice or servant the actual creator would still be considered God by those that he created.

Now don’t go ragging on me for me being too lazy to do my own research but I think that may have answered this question a couple of times in the Bible.

Does it not say somewhere “Let us make them in “our” own image? And I think it says somewhere “you shall put “no other” God before me.

Would that not speak to the existence of other Gods or is that a topic for another thread?

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by NightSkyeB4Dawn

Even if one argues that a world can be delegated as a task by God to an apprentice or servant the actual creator would still be considered God by those that he created.

Does it not say somewhere “Let us make them in “our” own image? And I think it says somewhere “you shall put “no other” God before me.

Would that not speak to the existence of other Gods or is that a topic for another thread?

clipped your post
Very good points I must say.
No its not another topic you are spot on topic in fact.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
If God is all-powerful, then there's no need for anyone else to create any other galaxies. Since God is infallable and HE said he is all-powerful, then that would make other Gods impossible.

Now, if I must concur with your theory, then i'd have to say that since the laws of nature are consistent throughout all galaxies in our universe, that one God created all of it. See, but if we're talking about the creation of multiple universes which may have different natural laws, then that's when I could get down with your theory.

Fortunately I don't believe that God created any of this.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
The heavens were saparted into three parts. One third under the governorship of Lucifer rebelled. Earth is within this third. The other wto thirds remained loyal to God. A lot of the life in the universe is made different than us and are angelic in nature. We were made from the Earth itself and are creatures. Angels are created differently. They can change their appearance to look human. Jude refers to the angels that did not keep their true form and were cast out into darkness. Genesis 6 tells how they tried to bear children with human women. A war is coming to finally conquer the rebelious third of the universe that will end here on the Earth. One might say that Earth was chosen as the "capital" planet of government and when it is conquered all of the universe will be united in peace again.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
There was a thread recently about this universe being made up of pixels, and this being a theory scientists were attempting to test with a few interesting results.
I think of it as a dot matrix. And that Creator/God as we know it, is outside the matrix, heaven is outside the matrix, and our journey in the matrix, through many lifetimes is a long one, as we grow in knowledge and wisdom and willingness to serve others, not just self. I see this universe as managed by higher ups, or more advanced ets and angels, who are also, still growing and learning, so its a learning curve on all levels.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
The days are not meant to be taken literally. These days are not just "earth days", they are used merely to create a timeline of events.

There are other parts of the bible that talk about a day for god being like thousands of years on earth and such. So it's just people who don't understand and take things literally who think each day of creation is an earth day.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Well as an Atheist if I was to take the question in a literal sense my answer would of course be a resounding no . There is another highly speculative possible answer which is that assuming there is other life out there that is at the same evolutionary stage we are then it is possible that the idea of god or gods exists in many galaxy's.

Cheers xpert11 .

top topics

join