It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone know the name of this painting and what it depicts- quite suspicious!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

Yeah they struck me two. They are dominating. You have 8 big lights in a circle. Maybe 8 great kings. Then you have the 9th the Antichrist ,the Bird with wings in the picture. And then you have the 10th king with the beast in the Pit. Hidden In the table.

If you look at the pattern the lights are put in. You see a circle made up of small lights. This might be the earth!

The 8 Big lights surrounding all sides of the smaller circle could be world leaders.

The bigger circle with smaller light might be our dimension.

The picture describes the two other Kings we cant see. One is hidden in a Pit and the other one is a bow it. The Pit and the surroundings connected to the pit. Represents the table in this room.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
hey, got the larger picture.

There are quite a few things that are interesting.

First, it seems it has the black people in chains and bondage, and people right behind that scene oblivious to what is going on. There is only one black person who is not in bondage, and one in bondage is kneeling to the other. yet, people look like they are having a parade behind the kneeling.

I also find the main picture highly interesting, it looks like a couple is getting married, yet above and behind them, a boy is secretly giving the little girl "apples", could this refer to "Adam and Eve" and right now - the "sin" of life is secretly and continuely being made sure to be passed around?

Another thing, the bird in the center, it looks as if, it has killed it's mirror image and is standing on top of itself's death.

Another is top right corner - the man at the telescope, working diligently and the woman taking out a microscope..... as if those two things are where the future is going.

Interesting with the flames at the top - the left has flames coming out of a city with high rises and inside that - men working on the architure of the future, on the other side, music being played within the flames and outside them dancing.

The center horseshoe is - exactly like the table setup there, with the opened bottom, and the center showing the "strong arm and sword", as if they ARE the strong arm of everything going on. another note, on the left side, coming from the ribbon of the center table, that ribbon almost makes "devil horns".

Those are just a few of my perception of the painting.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Excellent!! You have noted a lot of the things that I perceived myself - phew!!

The only thing is that I just typed for 10mins with what I was thinking and then I looked at the larger image that at been posted (thanks for that) and saw the pic in a new light - so its back to the drawing board haha *Mutters curses and profanities*

Thanks for all your input so far guys This may be something it may be nothing but its interesting and worth discussing at least

[edit on 1/2/09 by mrvalleyboy]

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Morning all!

Ok lets try again! Well starting from the top Im guessing this is either an image of heaven or a utopia that we are aspiring to reach. What I do find strange is the semi-sphere which seems to be edged with flames breaking through the 'reality' of the background image (if that makes sense).

The upper sections of the arches on the sides show 2 different stories - One of people working in what appears to be agriculture and the other of people dabbling in science. Below these I again see to contrasting images On the one side there is light coming through a window and (possibly) the moon in the background. The horse appears to be startled possibly indicating panic whereas on the other side the people seem to be opening the window allowing the light in and embracing it.

The centre images are also interesting. There is obviously some Adam and Eve symbolism directly in the center of the painting Although I can account for the serpent and one of their children - who are the other characters in there? I dont know how many children they are said to have had!

Then there are the larger central images which also show similarites and differences. On the one side the people who appear to be shackled coming out of the 'pit' are being welcomed by a fair headed maiden. Who is the red coloured character behind her though?

He may represent an African I admit but its a very reddish colour and a strange hat for him to be wearing. (but possibly a grown up version of the Black child on the other side of the image Also I dont know when this was painted but in the same section as the 'red man' there is someone holding up a very familiar flag dont you think)

The colours of the peoples faces are to be noted as well. On the side with our 'red man' - take a look at the childrens faces Why are they blue and green (oh and are those a pair of greys hanging from the ladder in thebackground?!)

In contrast the people who appear to have worked their way out of the 'pit' appear to be struggling to get into/cross over to the 'bright world' and the people around the wreath of flames seem to have a few different ethnicities included. Also what is the significance of the people who seem to be trapped in hollows within the pit?

Finally there is the matter of the bird within the centre. I would agree it seems to be standing over its own dead image and I wonder what the significance of the golden 'box' beneath it with the image of some kind of bird holding (or impaled by) a sword - the 'box' itself even seems to have some other animal like features - the legs and maybe a tail?! A chimera of some sort perhaps.

As for the lights I havent really looked into them so much yet but great ideas about the constellations, kings etc - Thanks! Also well spotted on the tables similarities to the painting - didnt think of that, let alone notice it..

(sorry if that was all waffled and unstructured I get a bit carried away when Im writing about something that excites me hehe)

[edit on 2/2/09 by mrvalleyboy]

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
The picture is really pretty cool... Thanks for bringing that painting to my attention.

Originally posted by questioningall

Interesting with the flames at the top - the left has flames coming out of a city with high rises and inside that - men working on the architure of the future, on the other side, music being played within the flames and outside them dancing.

Maybe everything that is inside that circle is a picture of the future and everything outside symbolises the past/present?

img99.imageshack.us...

Originally posted by mrvalleyboy

Finally there is the matter of the bird within the centre. I would agree it seems to be standing over its own dead image and I wonder what the significance of the golden 'box' beneath it with the image of some kind of bird holding (or impaled by) a sword - the 'box' itself even seems to have some other animal like features - the legs and maybe a tail?! A chimera of some sort perhaps.

[edit on 2/2/09 by mrvalleyboy]

Yes, it's a little bit hard to make out the shape of this strange beast. I tried to "enhance" it a bit for everybody who cannot really see it, i hope this helps. (Sorry, I don't have photoshop, so the "enhancement" is a little bit cheap
)

img131.imageshack.us...

And about the beast, I wonder if this has a connection to Revelation?

"Revelation 13:14
It deceives those living on earth with the signs that it is allowed to do on behalf of the first beast, telling them to make an image for the beast who was wounded by a sword and yet lived."

At least that would fit to the rising phoenix above that beast...

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaleon

Thank you thats some great input - especially the part about Revelations. I havent gone too much into my interpretations just yet as Im no art critic so any observations I make will be amateur at best - although Im a believer in that the art (whether it be a picture, a song, a poem or whatever) can mean something different to each individual. Perception is personal after all.

I suppose I have been making observations and asking questions rather than stating what I think each part of the picture means. Mainly because my perception could be wrong and because I know I would be in danger of going over the top and seeing things that arent there (in terms of symbolism) and thus getting shot down in flames and so on.

I did mention the 'red man' and I do think theres something suspicious about him and as I initially stated - I think theres something suspicious about the painting in general One thing I should state however is that there are images of hope and happiness in there My concern is the negative imagery and symbolism and how it relates to the rest of the picture - is it a representation of a possible future? is it a timeline from our past through to our present and onto the future? Is it representing a spiritual awakening or the end of days? Are these just the ramblings of a madman who thinks too much? Who knows

Thanks again

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join