It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone know the name of this painting and what it depicts- quite suspicious!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Hello fellow ATS'ers This is only my 2nd ever thread (still learning) and Ive done a little search on ATS to see if this has been covered. I dont think it has but forgive me if Im wrong.

My question is, does anyone know what this particular painting is named and what exactly does it depict??

farm3.static.flickr.com...

(hope that links ok)

I was watching a documentary called Secret Space and at one point of the video (09:19 of vol 1 pt 5 of 6) the narrator was referring to the UN general assembly and this image of the hall came up and as soon as I saw the painting I felt something was sinister about it. The image above is the best I can find thus far and its quite hard to make out exactly whats depicted on it. Although its better than the image on the video and some things can be made out which in my interpretation look a bit disturbing.

For example the bottom of the picture looks to me like an 'underworld' of darkness and fire is emerging into the light bright upper section of the painting and there are people who appear to be shackled and/or miserable climbing out of it.

I also see a bird standing over what appears to be a dead version of itself (ok I see the Phoenix similarity here and it does appear to be on the crest of a wreath of flames) I think theres some serpent imagery on there but I cannot be certain without further/closer study of the picture.

One last observation from my initial viewing was the arrangement and shape of the lights above the hall - probably nothing at all but it sparked my interest anyway!

Id like to look into it some more so if anyone can provide any information on this, a better image or if they have interpretations of their own Id be very happy and interested to read what you have to say.

Unfortunatley Im only in work another 45mins and my net at home is dodgy at best at the mo so I may not be able to get back here til Monday so if you do post and see no response from me for a few days you know why.

Thanks for reading friends!

[edit on 31/1/09 by mrvalleyboy]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   
What a bizzare image, especially for an "official" global forum of the UN's stature. I would also enjoy learning more about this if possible.

In a way, it reminds me of the strange murals at the Denver Airport, which many have taken to be New World Order/Illuminati symbolism.

The Denver Airport murals:
www.geocities.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   
hmm, I have never seen this image befour but the 1st thing that struck me was the lights on the ceiling, Like a spacecraft

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Yes these were exactly my thoughts - the image doesnt exactly inspire feelings of peace & unity does it?! Also yes I thought the lights looked a little like a spacecraft - I thought I may be looking too hard but its nice to know Im not the only one thinking this!

The NWO immediately sprang to mind - what other organisation in the World has a name that typifies such a thing UNITED NATIONS?!?! Hmm

Interesting pics on Denver airport as well So much symbolism and so many messages are hidden within works of art throughout the ages and I think there is quite possibly something in this UN painting

What are they saying and what do they know and have planned? Remember we were warned of false prophets who will lead us to believe they are doing good when they are actually harbingers of evil Has the UN not been believed to be 'the good guys' until recently?!

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

I read somewher that parts of that denver mural have been covered up due to its disturbing imagiry.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Interesting painting.

Now I don't subscribe the whole Illuminati/NWO thing but this may interest you.

There is another painting at the UN, one done by Picasso.

Click the image to see the whole thing.

Now, who donated this to the UN?

A tapestry copy of Picasso's Guernica is displayed on the wall of the United Nations building in New York City, at the entrance to the Security Council room. It was placed there as a reminder of the horrors of war. Commissioned and donated by Nelson Rockefeller, it is not quite as monochromatic as the original, using several shades of brown.

en.wikipedia.org...(painting)

I think the NWO believers would have a field day with this!

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by mrvalleyboy

i199.photobucket.com...

see the 8 lights in the ceiling of this shot? it's eerily similar.

no doubt McGoohan was saying these are related, I know these 8
lights symbolize something but I don't know what yet. I saw a formation
of ufos identicle to the 8 circle formation which is why I'm a bit interested in it, the 8 ufos danced in the sky, can't explain it... maybe I'll make a youtube animation re-enactment and use this photo, thanks for it.

As for the painting I don't know what it is sorry...

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

reply to post by Chadwickus

Mr Valleyboy ere (at home and my password doesnt seem to work)

Thank you very much for that I appreciate your interest even more due to your stance on the NWO/Illuminati theory. I did find the image very interesting yes. uch for that I appreciate your interest even more due to your stance on the NWO/Illuminati theory. I did find the image very interesting yes.

Im not totally sold on the whole thing although I do find the 'evidence' compelling and the symbolism and imagery fascinating. What I saw in this one (yes Im gonna have a mini field day hehe) were not just images of the horrors of war as the exert describes I also see other things - the volcano at the left of the image Notice how many triangular/pyramid shapes are present along with images of light and of eyes The eliptacal object at the top for instance...well Im sure there would be plenty of different opinions

Just a thought...thanks again

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
There is no doubt that imagery is hidden in many works of art,but why would the "people" who commissioned such pieces, as seen in the UN,Denver airport,etc,allow any subliminal images to be included at all!
Surely they would want to keep their secret agenda's,well,secret?

Someone must inspect these paintings before they are officially unveiled?

[edit on 31-1-2009 by scobro]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I will try and find out what painting that is, but the room is not the UN General assembly. I have worked as a diplomat at the United Nations and that is definitely not the UN General Assembly Hall.

Here is a picture of the UN assembly hall.

UNGA

The room in the picture looks like one of the committee rooms, maybe even the security council, I don't quite remember what that looks like.

Regarding the lights I think they are supposed to represent a constellation of nations.

[edit on 31-1-2009 by Mynaeris]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Mynaeris

Ah ha!!

Someone on the inside!

Please see what you can dig up!

Thanx.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Okay so the answer to your questions are :

1) Yes it is the United Nations Security Council Hall ( I have only been there twice). My work there was pretty mundane Second and third committees, so I don't know anything about secret organisations etc.

2) The painting is of the Phoenix rising from the ashes."The mural painted by the Norwegian artist Per Krogh depicts a phoenix rising from its ashes, symbolic of the world reborn after World War II."

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Mynaeris

Well,i suppose it's fair enough that such dramatic imagery has been used in the context of this painting.

After all,WW2 was a highly traumatic event!

Thanx for your input!

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Thank you Mynaeris thats top notch info!

I should have been more exact when I said the UN assembly and stated it wasnt the main assembly hall my apologies I think the Phoenix symbolism was probably the most obvious and its quite central to focus your attention to it.

Its whats going on around this that Im trying to decipher Im looking at it zoomed up close at the moment and Im coming up with some theories but I dont want to waffle on about them right now I'll make some 'conclusions' first.

I also think that yes common sense would tell you that secrets are meant to be hidden so why would they put them up without being checked first and so on! Ive not got much of an answer to this except the posible cop out answer of 'hidden in plain sight?' and only recently are we seeing and interpreting these things.

Star for your info by the way Myaeris & Chadwickus - Cheers

(I posted anon earlier saying more - it should pop up soon)

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
When i look at that picture i can see the same room as the picture is in. Except the lights of course.

The pictures with the picture is our reality. The way we see it religiously.

At the top you have the Garden of Eden.

In the middle you have Adam and Eve. And in the ground under Adam and Eve you have a child who is praying. This child is Adam and Eve's off spring us humans to day.
We have to pray to God because of the sin committed. By Adam and eve. See how Adam and Eve's feet are placed in the ground. It is Imaging the tree of knowledge.

I cant see the other images that good. Is there a bigger picture of this somewhere!

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Hey I could find a big one:

[edit on 31-1-2009 by Kaleon]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kaleon
Hey I could find a big one:

[edit on 31-1-2009 by Kaleon]

Nice this will do.

Can see the picture a lot better now .) I have to re do a few things
But i think i am on the right track. Brb

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
When i look at this picture in a bigger format.I still see that this picture looks a lot like the room it is placed in.

If you look at this picture a bit closer. Observe the people surrounding the pit where the Beast is hiding. To me this pit represent the table in the real room. And some people are looking at it listening to it or observing it. But look at the people behind the Bird on top of the Pit.

It looks like they are looking at the pictures on the wall behind it or the world behind it. A better world.

See how this table is placed in damnation with the beast in the middle. Look at the the pictures behind it. They are not connected to the table below.
But the table below is connected to suffering.

Look at how the people in the pictures on wall behind the table is trying to help the people surrounding this table to a better life.

Look at the man standing on the stairs leading out of damnation to the far right. He is carrying tools. This probably means that to get to the other world you have to work hard.

Look at how that man is looking back at the Pit and the people surrounding it. He dosent want anything to do with it.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Master Shen long
hmm, I have never seen this image befour but the 1st thing that struck me was the lights on the ceiling, Like a spacecraft

First thing that struck me too, there is something about the lights, yet I can't put my finger on it. Something odd.... weird, but can't really say what.

I would love to be able to see a pic of the painting closer, anywhere to see an upclose shot?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join