It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Documentary about conspiracy theorists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I’m posting here because I’m working on a project about people who consider themselves to be conspiracy theorists. This message is intended for anyone who wants to share his or her views for an episode of the MTV documentary series, True Life. Perhaps you have a theory about a government secret that may have social or economic consequences and is being withheld from the general public. Or you may be aware of covert activities by organizations that are being hidden or misrepresented by the mainstream media. Whether you have detailed theories about specific events or general doubts about the received wisdom, I’m interested in hearing your perspective and seeing how your efforts to uncover the truth impact your personal life.

This being MTV, we’re focusing on the experiences of young people, roughly ages 17-26. If you’d like to participate please email conspiracy@mtvn.com and give a brief description of you, your theories, and your daily life. Thanks for your time.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Are you serious? All you would need to do is take a long deep hard look at this site! It is one of the largest in the world on the subject of conspiracy theories.

But after being here over 4 years myself, and as an active contributor during much of that time, I might point you a few directions. And the 911 forum is a big one. As a matter of fact, I would venture that to not include that subject in the subject matter of your documentary would probably be a travesty. The problem is, it has been discussed to death and many many documentaries have been made about it, espousing all kinds of "theories". I would strongly suggest you check into the work that Craig Ranke and CIT have been doing.

But that is not all. What about proven conspiracies, which are discussed here too? Are you familiar with Operation Northwoods? Or the Gulf of Tonkin?

And if you want more recent ones, what about the massive media blackout on Ron Paul? And the recent attempt of the mass media trying to pull the wool over our eyes with the Russia/Georgia situation? Or how about the B-52 nuclear incident?

It seems you will need to choose your subject matter carefully, as there is so much to talk it's sick. But you have indeed arrived at Conspiracy Haven. ATS. Welcome and enjoy- or more appropriately, get depressed.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   
ok guys stay away from this one, no true life.

mtv will put someone on, and end up making us all look like cooks.
you gotta be smarter than that when recruiting dumbas*es for your ever more ignorant shows, mtv.
if you want a conspiracy theorist (for the soul intent of your program) go down to the nearest grocery store and look for the wired looking guy sitting on the bench, he'll have craploads of info to get you started on ruining another image.

we all know every show on tv anymore is just a ratings ploy...
but if you must get our side into the spotlight, tread softly and pick the right side. pick the credible people that actually do research, and show how the truth is found, and why we do what we do and believe what we believe.

[edit on 31-1-2009 by patent98310]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I would ignore any effort from mainstream media, as chances are they would sift through all the applicants, chose the most unreasonable, missguided and delusional and use them to further promote the meme that conspiracy theorists are loons.

Conspiracy theorists are historical sociologists, and in some cases much more than that, but you won't get recognition from what essentially is part of the mind control NWO conspiracy corporate sphere.

So no thanks MTV, you might want to knock on the CIA's door, they will likely muster up some disinformation agents in raggy clothes and you can make believe up is down and out is in.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by analemma
I’m posting here because I’m working on a project about people who consider themselves to be conspiracy theorists. This message is intended for anyone who wants to share his or her views for an episode of the MTV documentary series, True Life. Perhaps you have a theory about a government secret that may have social or economic consequences and is being withheld from the general public. Or you may be aware of covert activities by organizations that are being hidden or misrepresented by the mainstream media. Whether you have detailed theories about specific events or general doubts about the received wisdom, I’m interested in hearing your perspective and seeing how your efforts to uncover the truth impact your personal life.

This being MTV, we’re focusing on the experiences of young people, roughly ages 17-26. If you’d like to participate please email conspiracy@mtvn.com and give a brief description of you, your theories, and your daily life. Thanks for your time.

I consider your post a conspiracy, do you work for MTV? I doubt it. If your serious though, I'd stick to the nuts that aren't 911 nuts. The 911 conspiracies are flat out idiotic, I would steer clear from the people that believe in them. I personally believe in a few conspiracies, the wal-mart ILLUMINATI conspiracy, the NWO UN conspiracy, the UFO secrecy conspiracy our government has been lying about since day 1, if the government believed UFOs didn't exist why would they want us to believe they existed? They fill the history and discovery channel with plenty of UFO shows, hollywood has been brainwashing us into believing in them forever, I think it's because when we see a 'UFO' what we see can easily be denied and ridiculed, it's the perfect cover for a top-secret military weapon. I believe in many other conspiracies as well, such as the Anti-Jewish conspiracy here on these forums, it's making me sick, I'm Pro-Jewish.

new topics

top topics

join