It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK: Every household to pay £20 internet piracy tax

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   

UK: Every household to pay £20 internet piracy tax

www.dailymail .co.uk

Every home in the UK will have to pay an internet piracy tax as part of a new Government commitment to give every household broadband access by 2012.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Ok, So if you live in the UK there is some good news and some bad news....... Good News:

Free Internet Broadband to be fitted to every home!

Bad News:

1, You will have to pay a £20 piracy tax for the privilege,
2, Internet will be tightly controlled by the government.... No more ATS, No more Infowars or David Icke, Hell no more indi media......

Oh and dont forget the key date.... 2012

www.dailymail .co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 31-1-2009 by Master Shen long]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Fortunately for me if I have not be taken out by my medical issues I wont be using the net much if at all by then anyways the thing causes more harm then it really is worth as each year goes on.

I wont be paying the fee even when I am not using the net, they can go
themselves.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   
"If you want to imagine the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face, for ever"

Thanks, Labour, you totalitarian #wits! 1984 was a warning, not an ideal!

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Labour won't be in power by 2012 based on current performance - and David hugahoody Cameron likes his popularity too much to make such a suggestion.

IMO

berth

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Great posts people......
Geez this Labour government are so living in LaLa Land its totaly unreal...

and as The Last Man on Earth said

"1984 was a warning, not an ideal"!

Where will this all end?

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Labour won't be in power then so what ever they say now about the future i just brush off,
Like badBERTHA said david cameron likes being liked so this will just fade away but somewhere down the line there will be an internet change i feel.
Once the higher up's get there feet in the internet door there's no stopping them

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   
LOL "Piracy Tax". I cannot help but laugh at some of the hilariously ironic names you guys have for things out there.

"Piracy Tax", is it like the "Cigarette tax"? If so, then awesome. I'd assume that you'd just paid your way to keep burning every CD under the sun -- Congratulations on your purchase!

But knowing England, there is some funny and unrelated reason for the name.

I swear, the Brits are so cute.

edit: typo

[edit on 31-1-2009 by LostNemesis]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by LostNemesis
LOL "Piracy Tax". I cannot help but laugh at some of the hilariously ironic names you guys have for things out there.

"Piracy Tax", is it like the "Cigarette tax"? If so, then awesome. I'd assume that you'd just paid your way to keep burning every CD under the sun -- Congratulations on your purchase!

edit: typo

[edit on 31-1-2009 by LostNemesis]

No, we're stupid, placid and disinterested in anything that doesn't come out of the idiot box.

And before judging, perhaps clean up your own garden first, eh? Suing people over trivialities is a great American specialty that has really tainted your country in the eyes of others, as well as your pathetic "democracy" and general lack of knowledge of the outside world.

And any idiots who sit there being ultra-patriotic in their own country (er, duh? What's the point?) are just...well, I probably shouldn't say, really.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   
It's not the Labour Government it's Government wholesale thats the problem Thatcher, Major, Blair, Brown, Milliband who controls these people whats the difference between them, not much.

It doesn't matter who's in power it's the same deal everytime social and economic engineering brought to you by people who are picked for being feckless and facile.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Last Man on Earth
No, we're stupid, placid and disinterested in anything that doesn't come out of the idiot box.

And before judging, perhaps clean up your own garden first, eh? Suing people over trivialities is a great American specialty that has really tainted your country in the eyes of others, as well as your pathetic "democracy" and general lack of knowledge of the outside world.

And any idiots who sit there being ultra-patriotic in their own country (er, duh? What's the point?) are just...well, I probably shouldn't say, really.

You took my post the wrong way, possibly also out of context, threw unjustified thinly-veiled insults while apparently not understanding one word of my post, and then managed to not stay on topic to this thread. Not one sentence of your post is on topic, or am I missing something useful to the discussion?

Just to stay on topic, if it's Labour doing this to you guys, I hope you guys are gunna put them in their place. Aside from the silly name, this bill is horrifying.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Heres how it will be.
Most people from the UK will not pay it, 98%.
They will get there internet cut off and live without it.
And ALL ISP's will go broke.
This is why it will not happen.
It is just a proposal, and the corrupt minister for this, has already rejected it before it was put to him.
Have a nice day, movie and music industry profiteers.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   

You took my post the wrong way, possibly also out of context, threw unjustified thinly-veiled insults while apparently not understanding one word of my post, and then managed to not stay on topic to this thread. Not one sentence of your post is on topic, or am I missing something useful to the discussion?

Just to stay on topic, if it's Labour doing this to you guys, I hope you guys are gunna put them in their place. Aside from the silly name, this bill is horrifying.

No, I took your passive-aggressive racism exactly how you meant it, you're just annoyed someone called you on it.

Let me refresh your memory:

Now, let me tell you that my country sliding into a pit of # is not a joke for me, but since you're not in my country, you don't give a damn.

I suppose you had a chuckle at Iraq on the telly, too.

Now, tell me how your condescending idiocy was conductive to conversation.

Ps. I did actually agree with you on the piracy issue - one would assume that now it's government-sanctioned for me to rip off big corporations...

new topics

top topics

join