It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What did Jesus actually teach?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
he taught that in the end, theres no reason to argue or fight, because nothing here matters, the next place we go is better if we tune our electronics up in this life, to get there in death. Perhaps Christ found a way to become the bridge to save us from the natural falling our spirits do in death to a place the soul gets stuck.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by noobfun

Noobfun,

Jesus is sent only to the Children of Israel, God gave him the Gospel which is the Confirmation of the TORAH, not to make the TORAH obsolete but to confirm its Laws and to observe it.

All of the Prophets whose number according to Jesus himself is 144,000 is sent only to the Children of Israel, except the last and Final Prophet, who is sent unto all mankind, who is the Seal of the Prophets whose name he has clearly stated in his Gospel to be Muhammad, unfortunately this Gospel did not make it to the Bible or else everybody would have believed in him and will not call him a liar and false prophet. Jesus has esteemed the Prophet Muhammad and prayed God that his disciples and whoever will believe in his Gospel to be one with the Prophet Muhammad's Congregation.

Then lifting up his hands to the Lord, he prayed, saying: 'Lord our God, God of Abraham, God of Ishmael and Isaac;, God of our fathers, have mercy upon them that You have given me, and save them from the world. I say not, take them from the world, because it is necessary that they shall bear witness against them that shall corrupt my gospel. But I pray you to keep them from evil, that on the day of your judgment they may come with me to bear witness against the world and against the House of Israel that has corrupted your testament.

Lord God, Mighty and jealous, that take vengeance upon idolatry against the sons of idolatrous fathers even to the fourth generation, do You curse eternally every one that shall corrupt my gospel that You gave me, when they write that I am your son. For I, clay and dust, am servant of Your servants, and never have I thought myself to be Your good servant; for I cannot give you aught in return for that which You have given me, for all things are yours.

Lord God, the Merciful, that shows mercy to a thousand generations upon them that fear You, have mercy upon them which believe my words that You have given me. For even as You are true God, so Your word which I have spoken is true; for it is Yours, seeing I have ever spoken as one that reads, who cannot read save that which is written in the book that he reads: even so have I spoken that which You have given me.

'Lord God the Saviour, save them whom You have given me, in order that Satan may not be able to do aught against them, and save not only them, but every one that shall believe in them. Lord, Bountiful and rich in mercy, grant to Your servant to be in the congregation of Your Messenger Muhammad; on the Day of Judgment: and not me only, but every one whom You have given me, with all them that shall believe on me through their preaching. And this do, Lord, for Your own sake, that Satan boast not himself against You, Lord.

'Lord God, who by Your providence provides all things necessary for Your people Israel, be mindful of all the tribes of the earth, which You have promised to bless by your Messenger, for whom you did create the world. Have mercy on the world and send speedily your Messenger, that Satan your enemy may lose his empire.' And having said this, Jesus said three times: 'So be it, Lord, Great and Merciful!' And they answered, weeping: 'So be it," all save Judas, for he believed nothing.

And when Jesus son of Mary said: O Children of Israel! Lo! I am the messenger of Allah unto you, confirming that which was (revealed) before me in the Torah, and bringing good tidings of a messenger who cometh after me, whose name is Muhammad (the Praised One). Yet when he hath come unto them with clear proofs, they say: This is mere magic. 61:6 Holy Quran

They surely disbelieve who say: Lo! Allah is the Messiah, son of Mary. The Messiah (himself) said: O Children of Israel, worship Allah, My Lord and Your Lord. Lo! whoso ascribeth partners unto Allah, for him Allah hath forbidden paradise. His abode is the Fire. For evil-doers there will be no helpers. 5:72

Jesus was sent ONLY to the Children of Israel.

Peace!

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

As far as gnosticism and the site you posted here's my thoughts for people looking to become followers..

There are a lot of websites out there that are based around the teachings of Samael Aun Weor. He developed his ideas around the 70's about gnosis. Some of his ideas make sense, but he has some strange ideas or interpriations of some of the gnostic myths/texts. Within the gnostic community, he isn't looked at very highly, that's the gist I get.

For one, he believes that people can't masturbate and basically says that the way to "enlightenment" is white tantra. It is just sort of strange to tie gnosticism to certain sexual actions which is what he proposes. Most gnostics don't agree with that but unfortunatly, his teachings are some of the most popular when it comes to gnosticism. He sort of has developed a "brand" and has a lot of websites using him as their source. None of what he teaches is mentioned in the Nag hammadhi texts or the older Bruce codex, so to call it gnosticism is wrong imo. Its much more eastern in some of its ideas.

Samael Aun Weor also was a bigot homophobe and all his branches seem to follow suit in those ideas. I was listening to that website for about 5 minutes a couple days ago and the lecturer said he knows aliens exist and that in the perfect world, ugly beings like gays and lesbians wouldn't exist. Hate and bigotry is not gnosticism.

According to Samael Aun Weor, as with everything that one is born with, such as one’s psychology, family, physical body, geographical location and so on, homosexuality is the outcome of karma. Homosexuality is said to be a modification of one’s nervous system due to karma related to the misuse of sexual energy in a previous life. Thus according to this notion, the fact that more people are being born as homosexuals is a sign of society’s furthering sexual degeneration. Samael Aun Weor does not deny that homosexuals have a modified nervous system and authentically desire the same sex, but states that because homosexuals cannot create, not even physically, that they also cannot create spiritually, and for this reason they have degenerated, or literally "lost the ability to generate." Likewise, Samael Aun Weor calls homosexuals "rotten seeds" in his work Yes there is Hell, a Devil, and Karma because unlike heterosexuals they do not have the ability to create the Solar Bodies. This does not damn the soul-essence of a homosexual, as it is implied that if a homosexual works on him or herself and deeply yearns to change, after death he or she may acquire a heterosexual body to use in the next reincarnation, but it is also stated that this is something very rare.
en.wikipedia.org...

Gnosticism has nothing to do with karma. Not a single of the old gnostic text mentions karma, or Hell or the Devil for that matter. So a homosexual, aka "rotten seed", can work their whole life to "not be gay", not masturbate just like the rest of the followers, and after death they "may" get a straight body for their next incarnation. Give me a break, that is not gnosticism. Sorry for the rant, but the guy and some of his ideas are a bane for higher thinking.

[edit on 1-2-2009 by ghaleon12]

[edit on 1-2-2009 by ghaleon12]

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by badmedia
reply to post by noobfun

This is because Jesus came to speak only to those people. His words are built and molded around the understanding of the people from that time. If you go shoving his words and understandings on other cultures, they are not going to make the same kind of sense. It's pretty much like trying to speak to someone in another language.

The message was the message to that flock. He even talks about having other flocks to attend to. Different culture, different messenger, different reasons and ways of understanding, but the same basic truth under it all.

Paul tries to become father of the gentiles, and pretty much puts on somekind of adoption type deal. He has a totally different message for the gentiles.

Jesus message is the same today, and the same in any culture.

The tenses of the languages the words are written in are mostly ongoing. English looses this and this is why language is confused. People are looking for a man, who is all men, who is the blood of all men.

Are you able to bear the cup? Once you know the truth, do you want to be set free? Do you truly want to show your left hand your right hand and that they are the same ones in the dish. You can only be first and last if you are last, making you first. Watch a dryer tumble shirts, how it spills over itself or play with a jacobs ladder. Life....It's the ones who see their nakedness that have eaten what they should not of.

He was baptised in the Jordan. Jordan means "descender."

He is the one who seizes the plunder and divides it with the strong, the one the "dove" landed on back in the sixties. He is born to Mary "america" and Joseph which is Usa, under Harry "S" Truman who made famous, "the buck stops here" and "if you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen".

Here is the nativity scene...uh um

O! say can you see by the dawn's early light
What so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming.
Whose broad stripes and bright stars through the perilous fight,
O'er the ramparts we watched were so gallantly streaming.
And the rockets' red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there.
O! say does that star-spangled banner yet wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?

On the shore, dimly seen through the mists of the deep,
Where the foe's haughty host in dread silence reposes,
What is that which the breeze, o'er the towering steep,
As it fitfully blows, half conceals, half discloses?
Now it catches the gleam of the morning's first beam,
In full glory reflected now shines in the stream:
'Tis the star-spangled banner! Oh long may it wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!

And where is that band who so vauntingly swore
That the havoc of war and the battle's confusion,
A home and a country should leave us no more!
Their blood has washed out their foul footsteps' pollution.
No refuge could save the hireling and slave
From the terror of flight, or the gloom of the grave:
And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!

O! thus be it ever, when freemen shall stand
Between their loved home and the war's desolation!
Blest with victory and peace, may the heav'n rescued land
Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation.
Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
And this be our motto: 'In God is our trust.'
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave

Always good at a "Baal" Game.

First he spread "peace and free love".

He lived in communes and wore his hair long.

He went against the religious seperatists, and spoke out against war.

He had a cymbal that people showed to each other, so that they knew they were of the same mind, a v made with your fingers...the peace sign.

He saw the world through rose colored glasses.

He went about healing the sick of polio, and giving sight to the blind with lasik, giving amputees new limbs & healing burn victims, creating things the world had never seen that were virtual miracles of science.

He preached in emotional concerts feeding many with only little portions saying, "The kingdom of heaven is inside of you"...."Imagine there's no Heaven,

"They may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one, I hope someday you will join us, and the world will live as one..."

It's funny, because Beatles means "Stone" from Baetyls. This makes sense because they were first the "Silver Beatles", but before that, they were "the Quarry Men"...then you have the anti baetyls the "rolling stones"..."pleased to meet you, won't you guess my name" .Anyway, I'm not saying the beatles are Christ, but the Generation which the dove descended upon was the 60's Generation, which was really all the Baby Boomers and that produces Babylon which means "confussion" which reigns over all the people.

Peace

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Strange memories on this nervous night in Las Vegas. Five years later? Six? It seems like a lifetime, or at least a Main Era — the kind of peak that never comes again. San Francisco in the middle sixties was a very special time and place to be a part of. Maybe it meant something. Maybe not, in the long run . . . but no explanation, no mix of words or music or memories can touch that sense of knowing that you were there and alive in that corner of time and the world. Whatever it meant. . . .

History is hard to know, because of all the hired bullcrap, but even without being sure of “history” it seems entirely reasonable to think that every now and then the energy of a whole generation comes to a head in a long fine flash, for reasons that nobody really understands at the time — and which never explain, in retrospect, what actually happened.

My central memory of that time seems to hang on one or five or maybe forty nights — or very early mornings — when I left the Fillmore half-crazy and, instead of going home, aimed the big 650 Lightning across the Bay Bridge at a hundred miles an hour wearing L. L. Bean shorts and a Butte sheepherder's jacket . . . booming through the Treasure Island tunnel at the lights of Oakland and Berkeley and Richmond, not quite sure which turn-off to take when I got to the other end (always stalling at the toll-gate, too twisted to find neutral while I fumbled for change) . . . but being absolutely certain that no matter which way I went I would come to a place where people were just as high and wild as I was: No doubt at all about that. . . .

There was madness in any direction, at any hour. If not across the Bay, then up the Golden Gate or down 101 to Los Altos or La Honda. . . . You could strike sparks anywhere. There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning. . . .

And that, I think, was the handle—that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn’t need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting — on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave. . . .

So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark — that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back.

Hunter S Thompson of course.

Who is Meredith Hunter?

[edit on 1-2-2009 by badmedia]

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

Badmedia,

I kindly disagree....the Orthodox only claimed Jesus came for the Jews....but I believe he didnt come for anyone particular, but brought a global message of for us to learn unity, oneness, and see through him the faith of living for the real life, which is not the life of flesh. I believe that the fact that Yahweh says he was lord of Israel is a RED FLAG....why would a god of divine essence have a chosen people. But then we read Yahweh received Israel as an inheritance from El....could this be showing us that Yahweh was only a son of god, a ruler with inheritance...and not the Most High Infinite Creator.

I dont think he came for one people....but since those people are the ones that clung to the prophecies, and needed that blood sacrafice....even though they rejected jesus as a teacher....the Romans or Elite still felt that Jesus had to be tied to the OT God....rather then be exalted as a teacher that came to enlighten all and show all that we have everything we need laying right within.

I think its false Jesus came as the final sacrifice for the book sacrifices that the Jews were ordered to do by the OT.

I think the Divine One, begetter of all life.....never needing us to make blood sacrifices....to me, that makes god a very primal entity with needs....that involves man killing man to bring out this corrupt divine plan.

Im in the mood to ramble tonight so forgive if Im only repeating many things Ive said before. I just find it so important that we are mislead that Jesus came to fulfill these OT prophecies. He was a great teacher. The highest vibration of a human embodiment, thus, he was able to reach a place and open a new womb in the heavens, being the first fruit of the human species to excel through death, remaining righteous.

A great teacher of our kind got tied to a book that makes him seem like he came to be the final sacrifice and then claims he will come back with a force and swipe the Earth of the wrong doers. I just cant accept a God that gives up one day and says to those you haven't learned yet....well too bad, your time is up now.

As always, in advance, thank you for civil discussions!

I would love to talk more in depth on this topic sometimes, we should start a thread that can let us and others talk about how mabey the divine nature is really divine, and what does that mean....a god of wrath? a god of inpatients? A god that gives up on hope.

WOuldnt it make more sense that God makes a way for all, he is divine, he is all powerful, we are here to learn something....

I really struggle with Jesus being tied to the god in the OT. Deeply I struggle with this and fear many will have to come back here to relearn the nature and what divine means. Not saying that you dont....but that OT has never sat right with my spirit.

Damn, Im really rambling....lol

Badmedia...do you think we are a fallen race? Do you think we are here because someone did something wrong and now we pay the price...or could it be, everything was meant to be this way and the fallen idea is the comfort for those to explain the evils in the world...

I like to discuss with you because I feel it can stay civil and you will be honest in your thoughts without throwing too much scripture at me, which I highly respect those that can speak from their inner voice and where their own path has lead.

Wow....have I derailed this too much, if so, U2U is fine by me.
LV

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo

Badmedia,

I kindly disagree....the Orthodox only claimed Jesus came for the Jews....but I believe he didnt come for anyone particular, but brought a global message of for us to learn unity, oneness, and see through him the faith of living for the real life, which is not the life of flesh. I believe that the fact that Yahweh says he was lord of Israel is a RED FLAG....why would a god of divine essence have a chosen people. But then we read Yahweh received Israel as an inheritance from El....could this be showing us that Yahweh was only a son of god, a ruler with inheritance...and not the Most High Infinite Creator.

Global understanding. He did not come only for the Jews. He came as Jesus only for the Jews. Specifically those of them "with ears". He will come to others around the world in a way they can understand. The idol of Jesus was never the important thing, but rather the understanding he gave to people. Like Buddah for example gives alot of the same understandings. People all around the world have given many of the same understandings, even before the time of Jesus.

Thus why the holy spirit can speak in "tongues". Meaning, the holy spirit can bring understanding to someone no matter what language or culture they come from. But when those people get that understanding they might not exactly say the exact same words. It's somewhat hard to recognize it in other religions, as they have suffered from the same manipulations.

I wasn't given understanding in the words of Jesus, but I immediately recognized the understanding in his words. See the father.

I dont think he came for one people....but since those people are the ones that clung to the prophecies, and needed that blood sacrafice....even though they rejected jesus as a teacher....the Romans or Elite still felt that Jesus had to be tied to the OT God....rather then be exalted as a teacher that came to enlighten all and show all that we have everything we need laying right within.

I think its false Jesus came as the final sacrifice for the book sacrifices that the Jews were ordered to do by the OT.

I do not believe in the blood sacrifice at all. I think the Romans and Elite only attached themselves to Jesus and turned him into an idol, and Paul was the political leader foretold of that many would and did accept over Jesus.

Jesus was murdered so that those with power could keep their power. The best I've heard that expressed that I truly love is: Jesus is a sacrifice of truth so that the lie of this world could live.

I think the Divine One, begetter of all life.....never needing us to make blood sacrifices....to me, that makes god a very primal entity with needs....that involves man killing man to bring out this corrupt divine plan.

I think it's misunderstanding and those were probably symbolic of other things.

Im in the mood to ramble tonight so forgive if Im only repeating many things Ive said before. I just find it so important that we are mislead that Jesus came to fulfill these OT prophecies. He was a great teacher. The highest vibration of a human embodiment, thus, he was able to reach a place and open a new womb in the heavens, being the first fruit of the human species to excel through death, remaining righteous.

Jesus came to fulfill the laws of the father. Which means he came to be the example to people to show them how to live by the commandments. By following his example, and doing what he says then you live by the commandments. No doubt he does that.

What he doesn't do is fulfill mans law, nor does he respect mans authority. The whole submission thing of Paul in Romans is manipulation. Jesus doesn't submit, he just doesn't fight back because it would break a commandment. He is showing people that you should not become evil in response to evil. Paul makes it out to be that you by submitting to authority, it means to support and do what authority tells you. Which was a manipulation to make the authorities happy.

A great teacher of our kind got tied to a book that makes him seem like he came to be the final sacrifice and then claims he will come back with a force and swipe the Earth of the wrong doers. I just cant accept a God that gives up one day and says to those you haven't learned yet....well too bad, your time is up now.

Oh, don't forget that Jesus represents the truth. Imagine what would happen if the veil is removed and suddenly everyone seen the truth in the world? The institutions and nations would crumble.

As well, don't forget those who are poor in spirit. These are people who have never seen the truth. This is the majority of the world. Once they actually do hear the truth(not from men, but from understanding provided by the holy spirit) they will not turn their back on it. When I read that Jesus comes to the people as such, I read it as the truth comes to them. There is a reason the poor in spirit are blessed.

WOuldnt it make more sense that God makes a way for all, he is divine, he is all powerful, we are here to learn something....

Yes, this is just a school. Some call it a prison. I think revelations even hints at this. 1000 years of peace, then Satan is unleashed? Why? Sounds like 1000 years to reset, then the next class begins.

I really struggle with Jesus being tied to the god in the OT. Deeply I struggle with this and fear many will have to come back here to relearn the nature and what divine means. Not saying that you dont....but that OT has never sat right with my spirit.

I think it's just a matter of being misunderstood and being a collection of books over long periods of time. Plus, some of it seems bad until you really think about it. Like the tower of Babel sounds bad, but really it's not. Being removed from teh garden sounds bad, but it's not. etc. Some of it I think is just manipulations or untrue, but I don't know. Someone pointed out to me recently that God didn't want to give people a king on earth, but the people demanded it.

Badmedia...do you think we are a fallen race? Do you think we are here because someone did something wrong and now we pay the price...or could it be, everything was meant to be this way and the fallen idea is the comfort for those to explain the evils in the world...

I dunno. I think we are born evil, into an evil world. Here to experience both good and evil. However, if we were born into the world "good" and already knowing "good", then we would never accept the evil that is required to learn the lesson of good and evil. Here's my overall view.

Son/Man is created. Man only does good, he only knows good. But he is ignorant. Because he is ignorant to evil, he is then able to be "deceived". So then we eat the "fruit", and become both good and evil. We are able to do evil things. And so we are removed from the garden. This is done to protect other life in the universe.

So we are quarentined on this planet to learn these differences. Off from everything else until we learn the differences and chose good wisely. To live by "gods laws", as Jesus explains them.

Why? Because we are evil, and so we would try to enslave and war with everyone. The perfect society of heaven can not exist in the same way with evil among it. Just like here on earth, we have to have governments because of evil people.

This is shown in the tower of babel. We are all united as 1 culture under 1 religion. Tower is destroyed, languages and cultures confused. And suddenly we start fighting each other. If we had been allowed out in the universe, or to stay in the bible, we would have warred and enslaved them. This is proven because suddenly we are no longer united, we are focusing on differences and warring with each other.

So we are given the laws, these are misunderstood and hypocrites run the show(still do). From this, eye for an eye form. Reap what you sow, Eye for an eye, and judge not yest you be judged all say the same thing. But the hypocrites with eye for an eye do not realize that "vengence is mine sayeth the lord", they think they are justified by killing the man who sinned. They think they are "doing god's work". What they fail to realize is no, it is not justified. It is viewed by god as 2 sins, rather than 1. Because "vengence is mine sayeth the lord".

So, "god so loved the world, he sends us Jesus". Jesus comes and fulfills the law and tries to show people who to live and follow the laws. By believing in him, you will judge not yest you be judged. You will not be the hypocrite, and by following in his path, you walk the path. He says those who believe will walk the path. And what this means if that you are doing what it takes to live in the garden again, and "everlasting life". And this is his grace, because he knew he would be killed for doing so, but he did it anyway, just to show people how to live by Gods laws, not mans law.

This is an actual path. I'd have to get into the nature of the universe, but the basic thing is that you reap what you sow. And by following in the path of Jesus you will reap good things because you sowed good things.

The manipulation is that they put all the focus on Jesus and the idol, and then tell people to just believe in that and they are saved. And so they don't actually walk the path, and they still do evil, still reap and sow bad things and so on. This is the entire purpose of Paul IMO.

[edit on 1-2-2009 by badmedia]

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Ok, I agree on most of what you said, except the tower of Babel.

You yourself talk about programing, and this is kinda how Thee may work. So why would god intervene on man while they were building a tower. To me, the true story is this is the first Urban city of that area...when a people come that have not experienced a place of many languages, and saw this seemed chaotic mabey they just thought that god has surely confused the languages, for why else would we not understand them. Or through history of the great city of Babel that was of many languages....the reputation grew bad and sour of Babel, so the idea of god cursing that land and changing languages or whatever could be just a explanation for something these men really didnt understand.

I think Thee has always wanted us to understand each other. Even the more we drift from Thee, such as they did in Babel, Thee would want them to commune together, to learn together....when I think of the nature of the Divine, the would want unity, and not bring more separation to them. I see Gods nature as....letting us figure it out, through harden hearts and experiences. I dont think we were meant to stay in the garden, I think we were meant to leave there and become more then what we were there. I think it all happened perfect, and teachers came and should us how to help ourselves and each other reach unity, through tolerance, through humbleness, thoughts seeing oneness, the one vibration of energy running through us all.

I feel that is a story involves God separating man further, then it is not a story of Thee or a function of Thee. For this same reason, I dont believe Thee divine Father, Creator, Spirit ever wanted or claimed a certain land as special, or people as special....

Separation amongst men and violence amongst men I dont think are works of the natural order of the divine way.

Thanks for letting me ramble

LV

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
The teaching actually started with John the Baptist, who preached the good news first, that we all need to repent and be physically cleansed on the outside by water submersion, and by doing these two things it makes ready people prepared for the Lord. Jesus's teaching is the actual unveiling of the mystical baptism of Spirit that John spoke of, that cleanses the inside of us, so that the Father can dwell, within us, which enables us, as servants, to be taught by the Lord himself.

Jesus came to show, that living water is not a concept but a miraculous sign, of the reality of the Father's existence. Just like the Father moved upon the waters at the beginning of creation, he now moves in us. Most of our blood is made of water, so as his Spirit rises inside us - we become the Miracle at Cana - water in to wine. The evidence for his Holy Spirit within us - is motion and rest. When a person first starts realizing all that he is revealing to them - they will get scared. Physically feeling the intensity of this manifestation of the Fathers Spirit is why it was necessary to have the disciples out on a boat, a storm raging and the sea tossing and they see Jesus coming, walking on the water (our water) saying, "It is I; don't be afraid."

I'm not even touching the tip of the iceberg, with all that Jesus brought and taught but when a person starts seeing the scripture manifesting within, we no longer question his teachings, for we have moved from believing these, to knowing they are all true. It's sort of like Pilate asking Jesus, "Are you the king of the Jews", and Jesus asked Pilate, "Is that your own idea or did others talk to you about me?"

To sum it all up, Jesus taught disclosure.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Gen 11:4 And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top [may reach] unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth.

Gen 11:5 And the LORD came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded.

Gen 11:6 And the LORD said, Behold, the people [is] one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.

Dont you see ..men were doing it for control purposes ...Pharoh all over again ...They are trying to do this same thing now ...ever since 911 this is what is planned ...another tower of babel situation ....they are merging as one ..(The Kings of the Lands) and they will not do what is good for the people but what is good for themselves ..........
This is what happens when men think of themselves as gods .....
only they are not gods at all ..but control freaks ...power mongers ...

We are almost at this point again ......with the interconnected governments ...one world money system ...one interfaith united religion etc etc .........
It is for the purpose of total control .....

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I'll say it again...Jesus taught oneness simple answer

--------------

WIG'N #17 ( What Is God Network )

Questions to ponder....

/aksyav

----------------------

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

I'm sure it was not just a mere "tower" like an office building. Because it says nothing will be out of mans reach etc.

So, we were all one. We did not war with each other, we had the same culture, the same language and so on. But we were still evil. We weren't warring between us because we were all alike, all one. We didn't see differences in others.

Now, imagine if we had been let loose in the universe. We still being evil, when we came across another race of beings, who had different cultures, different languages we would have warred with them and tried to enslave them.

I thought the same thing you did at first. And when you look at things from the perspective of the earth only, it certainly seems that way. It's like hey, we were in peace, why did you screw that up.

But when you look at things from a bigger perspective of the entire universe, then it's a different picture. As I see it, it was not done to punish mankind, just as being removed from the garden wasn't done to punish mankind. It was done to protect other life "out there".

Proof of all this is in what happens after(history). Once we have different cultures and languages, we now start seeing those people as different. And what do we do? We start to war and enslave the other cultures. Nobody forces us to do this. We still do this to do this day.

Basically the earth is turned into what the people would have found "out there".

So from the perspective of earth only, it does seem bad. But in the perspective of the entire universe, I can see a reason for it. And you can see this problem still exists and is pushed today by those who seek power. Racism, nationalism and so on.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by noobfun
so if the europeans were gentiles and the americans are gentiles ... then where exactly are these lost tribes?

the lost tribe has no founding in anything other then the bible and some very novel interpretation so modern christian can over look the dont go to the gentiles passage

The lost tribes were taken by the "assyrian" over the caucus mountians into europe. There is much evidence of this fact. The easiest is to track the "dan" tribe....danish, danube, dansk, etc, etc. Also many other similar data is available. To be "gentile" is to be non-hebrew, not just non-jewish.

There is evidence the 'spartans" were decended of the "danite" tribe.

The rise in Greek and Roman culture happend "after" the 10 tribes were taken from Israel.

In Jesus time on earth it was common knowledge where the "lost sheep" of Israel had gone.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Can't believe this one is still going...

Jesus taught oneness with God, it's such a simple thing to understand..

----------------

Today's installment from WIG'N ( What Is God Network )

WIG'N #NO 18 Title: Touching God
/ae54w3

-----------------------

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
noobfun

the divine council
users.aristotle.net...

more than one god. read it, read it, REEEAD IT.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

Good Morning Simplynoone,

The verses are utterly interesting. But the Hebrew language is as well. Root words sometimes have a lot to do with why that word means what it means...Ill have to look it up but last time I looked at it but I remember thinking it might not of been 'language' but 'outer coverings'...to choose a word so interchangeable....could be that the real message here is that this reflects a time where clearly cultures were coming together, but struggled to really come together, in fact, they realized it to be impossible, for all of them to come and except eachothers ways. It would of also been the test of men and women, experiencing seeing other races they never knew of, causing all sorts of new thoughts to their survival and pride as separate groups....most having faith in their own culture, of course not willing to change to a one way. Its a marker in time for something that probably took yrs for the story of Babylon to show up in some of the most ancient stories around.

Its another time marker to show men not being ready....

Everything evolves as a perfect ONE...there needs no supernatural intervention. The path is perfect. But I believe that if a story made it to the book of Genesis it must have some sort of merit. To me, its a marker in time of showing that this is a cycle....and we keep seeing...men arent ready.

If there was intervention, like some sort of magic trick that suddenly, man spoke different languages, then mabey it was done by a entity who would fear man coming together.

a duration of time, it is the inevitable, but only through many markers in time that will show, man wasnt ready.

Mabey I find it safer to not get caught up in the thought of supernatural interventions by God....but I see it that if there comes a need for a intervention, then everything wasnt perfect.

I guess it all comes down to if one wants to take the Bible literal, word for word...or try to see if there is mabey more logic to it then what meats the eye. Many people take Genesis differently, and yes I know that it is wrong for man to seek power, like that of god....but the natural order needs man to go through that darkness...so that as a whole, we can learn and grow. The catalyst are absolutely necessary. The tests of power, in man, for man, are absolutely necessary. God knew it would happen and knows how it is going to happen, the returning of all lights unto Thee.

Just adding my thoughts Simply. I too once thought, like what your nature says...which is 'well they were doing wrong, seeking power, it was wrong and god didnt like it, so he stopped them, because he can' kinda of thinking. But just because Thee is Thee, is what it is, God, doesnt mean that Thee works in impulsive ways or some of the other human characteristics we place on Thee. Some see this angry god and say he had a right to be angry, I just see it as different.

Interesting nothing less indeed.

LV

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Hello badmedia,

I guess I see it that the idea that we are all separate is the biggest test spiritually. But, it is obviously part of the plan, for we have different races and the lands provided different cultures. We are talking about a story that shows cultures testing to work together, come together, in a Urban kind of way I think for that time...and it brought wars between the people.

Mabey it was supposed to happen that way, like it is happening still today. Mabey that is what prophecies are really about...warning man, if you keep falling to allowing separations and differences to rule you...you then can not be ready. I tend to look at the histories more as lessons to show us, this is something we are to work on and become better from it, over time.

Its kinda like I said to Simply, If God has to intervene, then its all not perfect. But it is, we can stop making excuses for everything not being perfect, and see its lessons for growth, over durations of time.

As always, just sharing thoughts and appreciate you and others that do the same.

LV

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I don't think they had different cultures and races. They weren't spread out at that time according to the bible.

Gen 11

1And the whole earth was of one language, and of one speech.

4And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth.

This suggests to me 1 language, 1 culture.

Then they are scattered across the earth.

6And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.

7Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech.

8So the LORD scattered them abroad from thence upon the face of all the earth: and they left off to build the city.

So I'm not sure they had different cultures at the time. I guess that would be a big point of it, but I don't see it as different cultures.

As well, I'm not so sure that if all the nations of the world now came together it would be a good thing. Alot of it depends on how that would come about.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by illimey

I was taken out of this world , work, because I became ill in 2000. then, i was caught up in this world. I believe the Lord, Jesus, took me out to turn to HIM. all of these religions, denominations have been created by man and Jesus warns us of this. DON'T FOLLOW MAN. we have to focus on Christ, Jesus; there are many fakes out there and only one truth, and HE is the truth, so as we focus on HIM for HE is the only way, and that way is narrow. we have to kill our flesh , love others, feel others, try to help as many as we can for HE came for the least of us, that we might have life and life more abundant.
Seek HIS face for the TRUTH for there is only one TRUTH. Many are here and more coming who will claim to be HIM but only those who seek the TRUTH from HIM will know. Remember that HE said that the very elect will be fooled.
Folks, I now know that HE is the only real thing that matters and the people for whom HE died and was resurrected to save. He came to reclaim this earth for US. this isn't a battle of flesh and blood but of principalities.
Care for your neighbor, pray for this world, do all that you can do for the least of us...........we have to unite under HIM, the TRUTH.
HE is the only way...
God have mercy on this earth

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Obliterated
I am 1/2 Malkite 1/2Maronite Catholic but I don't go to Church or read the bible. I think it is more important to follow the lessons rather than the religion.

This is what stood out most for me as a child....

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone"
Meaning that no one is perfect so we should not persecute other people for their mistakes but rather look at our own and better ourselves.

and

"The way you judge others, that is the way you will be judged. How much you give to others is how much will be given to you."
I interpret it as being similar to karma. What goes around comes around. So it is important to be good to others and help people where you can rather than judging them.

WOW! You answered word for word what I would have said practically.
Aweome answer!

<< 1  2    4 >>

join