It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's "Super Bowl weekend"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   
I just want all of you to count the amount of commercials (or any other advertisements; banners, logos, etc...) that are for alcohol products.
That means budweiser and coors and any of the other superbowl commercial "favorites," and compare it to this country's stance on cannabis.

Look at how many hundreds of thousands of people die each year from over-consumption alone, compared to cannabis' zero. Alcohol poisoning is a well known affliction that kills tons and tons of people, but what about the evil cannabis?

Look at the addiction rates and the associated problems with this state-sponsored/condoned inebriant. Look at how huge the sporting events/political events that are sponsored by beer or hard liquor companies are vs. the social stigma anything involving cannabis use gets.

For those of us that aren't very scientifically minded or don't feel like reading a bunch of crap, consider the way cannabis generally makes people feel, vs. the way alcohol does.
People get drunk and fight all day every day, but you'd be hard pressed to find someone who gets violent when stoned.

This is one of the most glaringly obvious signs that our country is in need of reform, but this post will probably be deleted because ats "doesn't want to be involved with illegal activities."
We also "deny ignorance..."

[edit on 31-1-2009 by alaskan]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 05:29 AM
link   
I know and understand that you are being serious about an issue that I feel the same way about. I commend you for your effort to change things.

BUT.................I am so excited about watching the steelers win the Super Bowl that I can hardly concentrate on anything else except maybe the half time show.

Oh wait, I almost forgot about the tight pants on the football players too.
That's fun to watch too.

edit to correct spelling because it's hard to think straight when thinking about those tight uniform pants.

[edit on 31-1-2009 by dizziedame]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   
The state I live in has just passed medicinal pot. Its left up to the government to figure out who is worthy of reciving such medication. I think Obama may decriminalize pot, but we will see. I wonder how many NFL players smoke pot?

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChilledVoodoo
Its left up to the government to figure out who is worthy of reciving such medication.

That's sort of/almost a step in the right direction, but still patently ridiculous when you consider other legal or otherwise prescribed medications...

New research published in the journal Pediatrics reveals that the ADHD drugs prescribed to millions of children are causing them to experience frightening hallucinations. Children on these drugs hallucinated that snakes and bugs were crawling all over them, says Reuters, and some kids taking the drugs experience other bizarre psychotic side effects such as thinking they ran into a wall and falling to the ground even when no wall was present....

www.naturalnews.com...
or
www.prisonplanet.com...

[edit on 31-1-2009 by alaskan]

top topics

join