It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Makes me sick!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   

A recovering drug addict whose two children are reportedly to be adopted by a gay couple has told how she had wanted them to have a "mum and dad". The woman, who has not been identified, was unable to look after her five-year-old boy and his four-year-old sister.

Link: news.uk.msn.com...

[edit on 31/1/09 by Death_Kron]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   
This absolutely disgusts me; a recovering drug addicts children have been adopted by a gay couple, the little boy is 5 years old and the little girl is 4 years old.

The children have been looked after by their grandparents from birth as their mother was unable to look after them due to ongoing drug problems.

Now heres the part I don't get, the courts were concerned about the age and health of the grandparents. The grandfather being 59 and the grandmother being 46; she is still young enough to legally and physically have a child of her own is she so wished!

The health issues that the couple face are angina and diabetes, two common ailments that affect a vast majority of parents around the country.

Leads me to my final point, what truly does make me sick is placing a 4 year old girl and a 5 year old boy, who have been cared for with a mum and daddy figure from birth, into the care of a gay couple!

As the mother says she wants the children to have a mother & father figure but can you imagine psychologically what placing them under the care of a homosexual couple is going to do?

I don't have anything against gays but surely explaining to a little 4 year old girl that she now has two daddys instead of a daddy and mummy, how can that be good for her mentally?

Same with the little boy, he also has to live with two males in the home showing each other affection, how is that going to affect his sexual development?

I'm not sure who is more in the wrong here, the council for allowing a gay couple to adopt or the gay couple for wanting to adopt themselves!

People can argue and say well who I am to say that gay couples can adopt, they might say that gay couples having feelings and longing for children too. Well I'm very sorry but any child being brought up by gay parents is going to be affected mentally in a negative manner.

Being gay is a choice, I know some people say they were born gay etc but by allowing a child to have gay parents your literally moulding them to be gay later on in life.

Like I said I don't have a problem with gays but I think its unfair to taint a innocent childs future sexuality. Imagine for a second you have two men as parents when you was a child, its disgusting and shouldn't be allowed.

The little girl needs a mother figure to help her get changed, have a bath, play with her toys and the little boy needs a father to go out on his bike, play with a chemistry set or go fishing.

That might sound very stereotypical but it highlights my point. I know that in gay coupls there's usually a dominant and submissive partner, rather like male & female.

Well think of this, the submissive gay partner is the one charged with bathing the little girl, undressing her etc and the dominant one is the one tasked with shouting at her, telling her off etc

The little girls head is going to be messed up beyond belief! Here I am with a man undressing me and bathing me, next minute another man is shouting at me and telling me off.

What happens at parents evening when both partners arrive? What happens when she starts school and see's everyone else's mummy & daddy? What does she even call her parents? -Dad & Dad 2, or Mum & Dad, or Bill & John

[edit on 31/1/09 by Death_Kron]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 03:56 AM
link   
The notion that a homosexual couple would be somehow unable to raise an emotionally stable child is what makes me sick.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

I dont mean to be a pain here:

a recovering drug addicts

Give people a chance :/

We all make mistakes in life.. as long as the kid is loved and cared for in the right way what is the problem? and why cant gay people adopt kids?

people are way to hypercitical..

why did i see to dogs "male" having sex? who knows??? its nature i guess

being gay aint about just humans its apart of evolution... i know that sounds dumb but its true.

And just back on point abit.. if everyone questioned everyone the way you are we would all be screwed.. life and people aint perfect.

just my 2 cents

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Monger

have to agree with you there..

I know many gay people who can look after kids better than "so called normal people"

i mean its about the person not the gender,,, if you have love to give whats the problem???

gay people are just the same as you and me.. they just like there coffee in another way.. one suger or two?

try to forget about the sexual aspect and think about the person.. to many people confuse the two..

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Monger
The notion that a homosexual couple would be somehow unable to raise an emotionally stable child is what makes me sick.

Please explain how a child raised by homosexual parents would be emotionally stable?

Would they be emotionally stable when they realise that all of their friends have mums & dads yet they do not?

Would they be emotionally stable and secure talking about sex & relationships to a MAN as opposed to a women (their mother) who is actually a female and can give first hand advice from her own experiences?

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by theresult

I really can't see how a gay couple can care and love a child in the right way. Maybe in their own eyes they can, but in the childs however ...

Maybe you did see two male dogs having sex but I assure you that you won't see two male dogs nurturing and bringing up a puppy.

A child maybe become gay or maybe be "born" gay but putting them into the care of gay parents are they not more inclined or likely to become gay themselves later on in life?

That isn't fair in my oppinion.

If I brought up a child telling him the colour red was actually blue all his life he wouldn't know any different. Same sort of principle...

Also many people forget the social stigma and abuse the child will recieve, which again isn't fair.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Your rant on why gay people are "moulding kids to be gay" and the fact that you are accusing gays of being unable to raise a functional person is what makes me sick, like a couple of the other posters.

Look, ability to breed does NOT make someone a good parent. And honestly at 4 years old, I doubt a kid is being "moulded" into anything. A kid of that age needs caring adults. Plain and simple.

Contrary to your thoughts about gay people moulding kids into gays, kids are a LOT less judgemental than adults are. Racism, and other forms of hate are LEARNED. Do not encourage more generations to learn discrimination. Those kids will likely grow up accepting all people, because of the way they were brought up.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Death_Kron

Originally posted by Monger

Please explain how a child raised by homosexual parents would be emotionally stable?

please explain how a child can be emotionally stable after finding out mommy and daddy have been lieing about Santa

Would they be emotionally stable when they realise that all of their friends have mums & dads yet they do not?

it wont damage them, I think that they'll catch on at a young age and adapt, it's what people do.

Would they be emotionally stable and secure talking about sex & relationships to a MAN as opposed to a women (their mother) who is actually a female and can give first hand advice from her own experiences?

They will do the same thing that little girls that lost their mom's do, find an aunt, a friends mom or some older female figure to get advice from.
come on give kids some credit.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   
i think u have a problem with gay people

I know people infact way many evil people who are not infact gay...

Why does SEX come into it? thats the reason really is it not? omg lord he likes it in the bum!!

so wat if he or she likes what sexual stuff?? as long as its not harming anyone what is the point? "god / bible"

Do you know that people was burnt on stakes becouse they said the world is not the center of our universe?

do you know that? i mean its the very same mentality that makes people hate each other

its false and reckless... and it will bring about our own demise..

Be gay be what you wish.. but show respect and treat your fellow borthers and sisters with the respect you wish to be treated

regardless if you are gay or NOT..

im sorry to point it out like that but thats just how i feel about people loving others...

or we can ask god when he comes down.... "pointless"

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I think alot of you are missing something if you had read the article.

These children had already been brought up from birth with a mother & father figure!!!!

Now all of a sudden they don't have a mummy & daddy no more, they have two dads. Or what they will see as having two dads because they previously had a dad AND a mum.

So this change won't affect them at all mentally will it not?

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by LostNemesis

well said man

gunna give a star for that

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   

I think you are missing something when immediately after starting a thread called 'Makes me sick!' you start bashing on how it is impossible for gay people to bring up a kid.

You immediately start to offend people opening up a thread like this. YOU did NOT focus on the article. Admit it, your emphasis was on how it is 100% impossible that gay people can be good parents without messing the kids up or "moulding" them into gay people.

You should have opened the thread with comments about the article only (leaving out the insults), and maybe the people replying would have read the article too.

[edit on 31-1-2009 by LostNemesis]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by LostNemesis

I think you are missing something when immediately after starting a thread called 'Makes me sick!' you start bashing on how it is impossible for gay people to bring up a kid.

You immediately start to offend people opening up a thread like this. YOU did NOT focus on the article. Admit it, your emphasis was on how it is 100% impossible that gay people can be good parents without messing the kids up or "moulding" them into gay people.

You should have opened the thread with comments about the article only (leaving out the insults), and maybe the people replying would have read the article too.

[edit on 31-1-2009 by LostNemesis]

I think you should re-read my comments because I never once said its 100% impossible for a gay couple to bring up a child, I merely expressed my disgust at such a concept - didn't say it wasn't possible though.

I did not focus on the article? Ermm... thats strange because the article was about a gay couple adopting children? If I didn't focus on that then what did I focus on???

And as for reading the article I would of thought most people would have done before reading my comments as its the first post?

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   
the definition of family has undergone a radical change over the last 25 years or so. the point is that the children are raised in a home that is financially and emotionally more stable that what they have had previously.
i don't see a problem with the grandparents at all, considering i myself was adopted by a couple in their late 40's, and true enough the health issues in question are quite common. perhaps it was felt in the best interest of the children to have a fresh start elsewhere. Living with the grandparents means the parents may to some extent be still involved in their lives and perhaps at this time that was perceived as a negative influence.
there are always details left out of stories like this one. nothing is ever as black and white as it is put out there as.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Either way, these kids are well and truly screwed.

Hang the social workers!

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Unbelievable...

What makes me sick the someone supporting the idea that gays shouldn't raise kids. This is obviously just an opinion as I do all I can to never insult people...but I think you do have an issue with gays. Your OP makes it sound like this

"I have no problem with gays...as long as I don't have to see, hear or deal with them in anyway and as long as they don't effect the world at all"

That's what I read out of it, like it or not. Some will say I am twisting the words but it's all about perception.

External Link

-Kyo

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Yeah, it is bad.
How socially irresponsible for these children to be handed over to this couple.
Of course, there are pedophiles who want to adopt kids.
Many gays have serious PROBLEMS with the opposite sex.
Resentment, misunderstanding and yes even jealousy.

I'm sure the British version of the bohemian grove crowd, helped this legislation along.
It's unnatural.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   

I have worked with troubled teenage boys, and many of them come from homes of people who were "recovering" drug addicts. Over 75% of drug addicts go back to drugs.

As for diabetes, I have had relatives who had to have limbs amputated because of the disease. Some people are affected worse than others, and the spouse is the one who will take care of the person inflicted with diabetes. Is it fair for them to have to care for two small children while caring for a chronically ill adult?

I will bet the gay couple are giving both children the loving home that they need. The interest of the children should come first, not some political or fundamentalist religious view.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Being gay is not a choice.

Get this through your heads please !

It is not the year 1500 !

Go do some research, talk to your doctor. Read the news.

I'm not gay myself but I have a lot of friends who are (some of them "have" kids), and they have given up on explaining. Yes I make gay jokes and so do they, but they are in context of knowing what gay really means... you don't turn gay or choose it.

I know someone is going to bring up the whole "men raping each other in prison", to which I'll respond.. are they also having relationships ??? Sex isn't being gay, having a gay relationship is being gay.

[edit on 31-1-2009 by Davood]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join