It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"In It For The Money" - 9/11

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I have seen far too many threads here attempted to be derailed by "DVD sales" and "In It For The money".

So, in order to not derail any further threads, lets see who exactly, is "In It For The Money". Shall we?

Who exactly made "money" regarding the Attack of Sept 11?

Lets start with the most "popular".

Now lets look at the other end of the spectrum by "scraping" the bottom of the barrel (to make a long story short) in the form of those who post here making excuse for the govt story...

aal77.com...

I'll leave it at that for now.

Ask yourself. Are any one of those books linked above offered for free on the web?

Who exactly is "in it for the money"?

(feel free to post Guiliani speaker fees).

[edit on 31-1-2009 by RockHound757]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by RockHound757

If I am reading those charts correctly it appears that all but one company was not doing to well, dropping in value, and it appears that in late 2001 all of their values began to climb. It appears that the climbing has not stopped according to these charts.

Very nice information, I had always known this was the case for all military affiliated companies there is not a single one that has not done extremely well since Sept 01.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   

In the time period you cite ALL (or at least large number) of stocks were
appreciating in value. The market was on an upward run and stock
prices rose to over 12,000 (Dow average).

Boeing just announced 6000 layoffs - so what does that tell you?

Its that the economy is in the toilet!

Just like raise between 2002 and 2008 tells you economy was on upswing

Trying to tie raise in stock price to some grand conspiracy is stupid!

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by RockHound757
Now lets look at the other end of the spectrum by "scraping" the bottom of the barrel (to make a long story short) in the form of those who post here making excuse for the govt story...

aal77.com...

I'll leave it at that for now.

Ask yourself. Are any one of those books linked above offered for free on the web?

Who exactly is "in it for the money"?

[edit on 31-1-2009 by RockHound757]

This is just too funny. In the interest of public disclosure and anyone interested, I made exactly $0 for the work I did on Gaffney's book. My take on that effort was 3 signed copies.

So much for the money....

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedman

In the time period you cite ALL (or at least large number) of stocks were
appreciating in value. The market was on an upward run and stock
prices rose to over 12,000 (Dow average).

Boeing just announced 6000 layoffs - so what does that tell you?

Its that the economy is in the toilet!

Yes and Lockheed Martin.... 82.04 a share. That is down quite a bit from the OP posted.

Oh and Boeing... was at 42.31 Friday. The OP has their stock at close to 90 per share.

General Dynamics? yeah, 56 dollars per share. OP has it at 90+

Has the bad economy hurt the Coffee Mug and license plate frame sales over at Pilots4911Truth?

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by RockHound757
I have seen far too many threads here attempted to be derailed by "DVD sales" and "In It For The money".

So, because these companies stock prices (as most companies in the DJIA) are higher now than they were on 9/11....somehow you equate that with profiting from 9/11?

Edit:

I noticed you didn't put up a chart for American Airlines.......perhaps because their stock dropped like a rock after 2001 and is currently lower than it was before the 9/11 attacks?

[edit on 31-1-2009 by adam_zapple]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
OP? I like your way of thinking, but unfortunately I would have to state you are incorrect in your subliminal message.

It is very true that those companies were profitable during the period you posted (2003 through 2007). 90% of companies were profitable during that time because the Real Estate Boom was driving up our encomony (commodities and luxorious goods) and the world economy.

Why wouldn't Halliburton be profitable during a war? Their job is establishing residence, food, cleaning of clothes, etc ... for soldiers.

Lockheed Martin has always been a profitable company because of military government projects.

Exxon Mobile posted some of the biggest quarterly profits for any company in the WORLD! And why not, oil was trading at a high of $140.

I think you get my point.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Given that Quazze pointed out the obvious, I'll be a little more specific.

I have inferred such things in other posts and I am glad that the opportunity has been provided to discuss such things in the open. It has implications on "movements" other than that of 9/11... such as the 2012 doom-peddlers and alien-channeler-book-sellers.

P4T and anyone else who peddles baseless accusations and misinformation to create or continue conspiracy theories about 9/11 or any other real or "predicted" catastrophe are fear profiteers, and dare I even say "vultures".

P4T DVD Sales
P4T Cafepress Store

I submit that these "donations" could mean anything from paying for rented server time to a pack of smokes and a 6-pack for the webmaster. I don't see a 501c(3) notification anywhere, unless I'm just missing it. Given I don't see any LLC or other corporate identifiers, I'm going to guess it is a sole proprietorship of one of the "co-founders". P4T does pay taxes, right?

Given that P4T is seemingly funded primarily through such commercial efforts, one may conclude that P4T has a vested financial interest in the continuation of 9/11 conspiracy theories.

It smacks of the disinformation profiteering practiced by others such as Alex Jones, Blossom Goodchild, and Zach Sitchin.

If P4T wants to profit from 9/11 then more power to them. To suggest that there is no financial motivation for continuing the 9/11 conspiracy is simply ridiculous. To suggest that, at this point in time, the motivation for such groups is solely "truth" or "justice" reflects the highest order of intellectual blindness.

It may have been a virtuous pursuit at the start. However unlike traditional snake oil salesmen when the jig is up, rather than roll up the tents and move on to the next town, more fuel must be continuously added to the fires to drive funding. "New evidence" is always brought to light without a single objective fact to support it.

It's 2009 and we're on abovetopsecret.com. This may be new for the 9/11 movement, but we've seen this all before.

Perhaps next P4T will sell magnetic wellness bracelets.

[edit on 31-1-2009 by cogburn]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
The difference between P4T and the sites listed above is that P4T give their work away for free on the web, the sites/books listed above, do not.

Other sites, just have their hand out and dont offer anything in return for raising funds to operate... case in point...

AAL77.COM needs your support in order to continue seeking and archiving government records related to the attack on the Pentagon. Please consider donating by using the link above, or by purchasing one of the fine references in our book store.

Considering 911Files claims he doesnt receive a dime from book sales, either his above statement is a lie, or his post here is a lie.

If anyone really thinks professional pilots are selling DVD's online for the "money", while giving the same information away for free, you may want to ethink your position as anyone knows flying a jet is much more "profitable" than any "DVD sales".

As for "disinformation" being spread. I suppose thats a matter of opinion and im sure many are not surprsed you do not source such claims.
These people disagree with you. The list grows.

Consider the source of such "disinformation" claims. Cogburn is an anonymous internet persona who has been wrong numerous times, caught in a mountain of contradictions, and has zero aeronautical knowledge. He has also never confronted P4T with any of his claims and would rather spend his days and nights on ATS attacking P4T and CIT.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Yep, I am really making a killing off of Amazon referral fees.

A little less than 5 bucks the past two years. Do you want to take a guess what hosting fees run for the file size and bandwidth used by AAL77.COM alone?

My claim was that I was paid nothing by the author(s) or publisher for my contribution(s) to the book. Please quote my claims correctly. If you call 5 bucks on book referral fees (for a number of different books) a profit, then I am glad I don't work for you.

[edit on 31-1-2009 by 911files]

[edit on 31-1-2009 by 911files]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
It's all peanuts compared to what Silverstein walked away with, and what the US government made in oil, and arms sales right after 9/11.

Also while you can't put a price on freedoms and liberties (I believe they are worth more than all the gold that "dissapeared", that day).

You have to make a claim that the PTB made a killing when it comes to takeing away some of our liberties and rights thanks to the patriot act.

I could care less if P4T made 50,000 on DVD sales, or if 9/11 files made 30k on book sales. (yes I'm exaggerating), but it's still a drop in the bucket to what Silverstein and the U.S gov made, and continues to mke money thanks to tons of destroyed files that were in WTC-7, that would have ALOT of wealthy people in court payingHefty fines.

Sheesh, I think the US Go, out earned everyone involved with 9/11 books whether they be truth books or debunker books with just the scrap steel they sold alone.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nola213
I could care less if P4T made 50,000 on DVD sales, or if 9/11 files made 30k on book sales. (yes I'm exaggerating), but it's still a drop in the bucket to what Silverstein and the U.S gov made, and continues to mke money thanks to tons of destroyed files that were in WTC-7, that would have ALOT of wealthy people in court payingHefty fines.

I agree with you. P4T and CIT simply don't sell enough DVD's to make a "profit". Considering the cost of airfare and hotels in the DC area, I suspect the CIT boys are well in the financial hole on their project and a long way from anything that looks like a profit.

Now DRG makes a killing off of book sales. But I personally have no problem with that. I am only correcting the false information that my efforts produce a profit. Quite the contrary, I still owe the Army and FBI FOIA fees that I have to write checks for and get in the mail.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   

posted by 911files

I agree with you. P4T and CIT simply don't sell enough DVD's to make a "profit". Considering the cost of airfare and hotels in the DC area, I suspect the CIT boys are well in the financial hole on their project and a long way from anything that looks like a profit.

CIT and P4T are not trying to make a 'profit' Farmer, since they are giving the material and videos away for free. Buying a DVD full of information is just quicker and easier than downloading off the internet for those who are interested and open-minded.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SPreston
CIT and P4T are not trying to make a 'profit' Farmer, since they are giving the material and videos away for free. Buying a DVD full of information is just quicker and easier than downloading off the internet for those who are interested and open-minded.

And are the cute P4T hats and the stylish P4T woman's cap sleeve tee and the SPCA-approved P4T large pet bowl and the convenient P4T wall clock free as well?

No???? *gasp* I guess altruism, like "profit", is not part of the game, huh.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   

I'm still intrigued as to why anonymity bothers you. As if my anonymity has in any way affected P4T/CIT's need to respond to my problems with their material. Given that I have been the only person to call out P4T/CIT on their profiteering as of late, one may assume that this thread is more such proof of that need to respond to the claims anonymous... especially if they hit close to home.

P4T/CIT came here peddling snake oil. I am under no obligation to refute their information in any arena other than that in which I encountered it. If you view my post history, you'll see my interests on ATS extend far beyond the 9/11 issue... which is a claim you cannot make.

The mistake made was assuming that a forum dedicated to conspiracy research would simply accept P4T/CIT's information on face value. Another mistake would have been to assume that my position was created by anything greater than Craig Ranke's own reactions to my questions way back in October. The 9/11 truther movement chases each other around the internet lambasting one another at any given opportunity. I'm not one of those people.

You may poo-poo my professional credentials if you like based on my forum posts, however just because propagating 9/11 conspiracy theories is your job, doesn't mean I need put forth the same effort in proving them fallacious. I've offered to have the ATS mods verify who I am and whom I work for as they've exhibited a trustworthy and responsible policy in regard to such information. Given that I've had no request from the mods to contact me I'm guessing that you really don't care much beyond making leading accusations as to my credibility. The wavering nature of my arguments is more indicative as to the low value I place on your information for serious research. Moreso than it is indicative of my ability to conduct such research.

I was well aware of the problems with the 9/11 story... my education came in the form of a new understanding of the 9/11 truther movement.

I'm not discrediting the entire 9/11 truther movement. I think groups like P4T/CIT do that much more efficiently than anyone else ever could.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Who made money because of 9-11 ?

Thats easy, the tons of charlatans pimping books, dvds and websites. claiming to know what "really happened". Its disgraceful to make money off of the death of 4000 people.

I know, I know I'm a disinformation agent.......

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by drock905
Who made money because of 9-11 ?

Thats easy, the tons of charlatans pimping books, dvds and websites. claiming to know what "really happened". Its disgraceful to make money off of the death of 4000 people.

....as you post that between advertisements for Jim Marrs.

What about books like these filled with people who claim to know what "really happened"?

How about you go down this list and tell us who is a "disgrace" and who is not... after all, they are all "making money off 9/11" according to you... so i guess they're all a "disgrace"... right? Or do you prefer a double standard...

Try to include the Guiliani search link in the OP as well...

@Cog

I can careless if you're anonymous. Im just stating fact... i'll repeat it... and bold the most important...

Cogburn is an anonymous internet persona who has been wrong numerous times, caught in a mountain of contradictions, and has zero aeronautical knowledge. He has also never confronted P4T with any of his claims and would rather spend his days and nights on ATS attacking P4T and CIT.

@911Files

We finally agree on something. Considering operating costs, i bet both CIT and P4T are operating at a loss, if not a major loss. Its no surprise some here would attack the support structure of Patriot websites who are up against multi-billion dollar propaganda machines such a Fox News....

Its funny, some people here think the work of P4T and CIT is so absurd they feel "no one would buy it". But at the same time, they think P4T and CIT are profiting from it, even when P4T and CIT give it away? Geeeze... talk about your contradictions!

And then they spend their days and nights online arguing over information they think is "nuts"? Each post they make validates the P4T and CIT argument. Too bad they dont realize it.

However, if we want to talk about selling DVD's regarding 9/11...

www.amazon.com...

I wonder if those same people attacking P4T/CIT selling DVD's will attack Hardfire, or even ATS itself for promoting Jim Marrs? Hmmm....

For those attempting to compare the housing market to the military industrial complex, please pull your charts for 2005-present. Let us know how you make out. Heres a hint...

as a side note, i think its great ATS promotes the work of Jim Marrs. He links to the work of P4T and CIT as well.

Edit: Fixed quote tag

[edit on 4-2-2009 by RockHound757]

new topics

top topics

join