It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Photograph Released In Danish Department Of Defense Report!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Oh # they can fly now!!!! SPONGEBOB!!!!WHERE ARE YOU????

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   

UFO above Wyborg, Denmark, 1974, taken by H. Lauersen. This incident was investigated by Maj. Hans Petersen of the Danish Air Force. The vaporizing effect is explained by scientists as being the result of the surface of the UFO being cooler than -180 degrees Celcius. Because of that, the surrounding air becomes liquid and flows toward the Earth, which gives the object its jellyfish-like appearance.

Source / Credit: UFOs: The Secret History, Michael Hesemann

Source: www.ufoevidence.org/photographs/section/europe/Photo128.htm
I would like to know how Major Petersen reached this amazing conclusion. Maybe his report is the one starting at page 311.

Edit: Seems not. Just found out about this investigator. Hans Petersen is
a private researcher and the leader of IGAP, an (Adamski-founded) UFO group.

ufoinfo.com...

[edit on 2009-1-31 by nablator]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by nablator
Maybe his report is the one starting at page 311. Could someone reading Danish please confirm?

Ziggystar could be the one for this

I'll send him a U2U

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   
A very good page about of all reports and investigations in the SUFOI newletter: www.sufoi.dk...

Their conclusion:

After all the information and investigation that has been done through the years there is no doubt that the photo shows a distinct form of smoke or a release of steam from the chimney probably from a heating centre.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by nablator
Edit: Seems not. Just found out about this investigator. Hans Petersen is
a private researcher and the leader of IGAP, an (Adamski-founded) UFO group.

Adamski founded? Then that report must suck!!

Cheers!

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I will be happy to help translate if MikeSingh (or someone else) kan provide me with a direct link to the Danish report. I hope I haven't missed anything, but I can't find it in this thread?

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggystar60

That would be handy lol

Didn't realise there wasn't an original link. Plus I think this particular case has been explained.

But! Mike mentioned having a 20mb File of Danish UFO reports, you may be interested in them I'm sure

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
It looks very much like the early stages of a smoke ring formed by blowing partially combusted fuel from a special 'canon' . The use of diesel fuel creates black smoke, I suspect kerosene will produce whiter smoke/vapour like the one in the OP.

Here's another Smoke Ring Canon showing the apparatus that is used. They can also use a large drum with a rubber diaphragm to generate the compression wave.

WG3

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
You know, this photo has always left me scratching my head. It's the cover design for Ultimate UFO!: The Complete Evidence and one of the main reasons I bought the darn DVD set. I wanted an to see to footage that I assumed accompanied the cover photo. Come to find out that there is no footage, but the DVD set is great. It goes through footage from the 40’s, 50’s, 60’s, 70’s, 80’s, 90’s, and into 2000. The discs have NASA footage, and even George Adamski and Billy Meier stuff. Hours and hours of fun for geeks like us.

[edit on 31-1-2009 by TheDarkHorse]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I found the link to the document, and I have tried to translate the information regarding the photo posted by MikeSingh. Here it is:

(FTK = Aerial/flight tactical command)

Investigation in connection with photo of unidentified object over Viborg, November 17, ca. 09.00

1. Regarding your request about which conclusions Flyvertaktisk Kommando (FTK) came to in the above mentioned case, it shall be said that FTK received the police report and the color photographs May 2, 1975. Since the report stated that the negatives had been analyzed by the department of color photos at the police headquarter in Kopenhagen, and that the department found the picture to be genuine, FTK immediately did a routine investigation of the case.

2. The investigation quickly showed that there had been no civilian or military aircrafts over or nearby the area at the time in question. When talking to different colleagues who lived in Viborg, it emerged that several of them had seen similar, but not so pronounced phenomena, in connection with steam or smoke coming from a factory in Viborg. Because of this a report about the weather conditions in Viborg November 17 was written, and it stated that the weather at that time was ideal for the creation of local clouds in connection with for instance a short, concentrated release of smoke or steam from a factory. The direction and speed of the wind would make a smoke or steam release drift across Nørre Sø, and even though the factory in Viborg at that time – six months after the sighting – could neither confirm or deny that a release had occurred at the specific time, FTK found that the cloud shown in the photo must have been created by a local release of steam.

3. Since FTK until now did not know the excact place where the photo was taken, the new information has made it possible to investigate the case again. After a new investigation FTK maintains that the phenomena is a steam release, not from the factory in Viborg as earlier assumed, but from heating central in Asmildparken. (This kind of release is not uncommon in connection with cleaning of the large kettles in the heating central, according to information from Viborg heat factory.)

The report of the sighting

Regarding observation of aircraft over Nørre Sø, Viborg, Sunday November 17, ca. 09.00.

As a costumer of Jacobi Foto, Viborg, Friday April 11 1975 I was made aware of a photo taken by another costumer. The color photo was supposed to show an aircraft of unknown origin. I received information about the costumer's identity and contacted him Friday April 15.

The witness told me that Sunday November 17, ca. 09.00, he was out on a walk on the east side of Nørre Sø in Viborg. He was alone. The temperature was about 5 degrees Celsius, and the sky was clear with a slight layer of haze low above Nørre Sø.

He had his dog with him, and a camera with color film. He said about himself that he was a man fond of nature, and that he likes to observe the birds by the sea. That day he wanted to came close enough to take photos of the birds by the sea line. The witness pointed out that has good observations skills, and that he is capable of noticing anything that moves.

Suddenly he noticed an aircraft over Nørre Sø's western sea line. He immediately grabbed his camera and took a picture of the craft, which was statonary in the air at the mentioned place.
When the witness had taken a picture, he quickly looked around him to make other people aware of the craft – he wanted the sighting to be confirmed – but there were nobody else there.
When he looked in the direction of the craft again, it had disappeared,

The witness estimates that the distance between him an the craft was 500 – 1000 meter.
The craft made no sound and did not give him any physical discomfort.
The witness is very interesting in finding out what he saw, and willingly gave me both the photos and the negatives, and commented that as a busy businessman he doesn't have time to investigate the event further.

I sent the negative to the Central Bureau of color photo department at the police head quarter in Kopenhagen, and marked the material as confidential. I asked them to make enlargements of the photo, and also cropped versions of the photo to make the craft's outline and details more visible.

All photo material were then returned to me. The photos show a circular object, estimated to be about 20 meter in diameter, if perhaps not much more. It's shape is aerodynamic, and makes one think of aerodynamic spaceships like Boin X–20 Dyna Soar. Shadows on the craft indicate rounded shapes which apparently can tolerate high speed.
I am at your disposal, and will provide photo material and further information if needed.

(The end of the report states who the case has been discussed with, and the names are blacked out. It also states that the press has not been told about the case.)

Map of the area where the sighting occured, RED circle where the object was observed, BLUE circle where the witness stood and took the photo:

Taken from page 311 - 317 in this document:
forsvaret.dk...

[edit on 31/1/09 by ziggystar60]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

Tentickles, I have to say your avatar disturbs me.

It is very weird, but I guess you knew that.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
It looks like a carrier from the Resistance game haha. Here is a picture for people who don't know this game.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
"I shall call him Squishy, and he shall be mine. And he shall be my squishy." - Dory, in Finding Nemo.

This goes a long way toward explaining the mysterious jelly-like substance falling from the sky in various places around the world!

:-)

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I've read about this phenomenon while researching Chemtrails. Believed by some to be a living air element type of being? The first link below has numerous photos and info.

www.educate-yourself.org...

Sylphs are beings of wide-open spaces and the air. Sometimes they are depicted as cloud beings. Sylphs are responsible for the myths of "angels", the winged protectors of the Garden of Eden. Their attitudes embody the extremes of nature, mercurial and intense. Most of all, they defend the high peaks and wilderness mountains that are their home.

Sylphs are creatures of the air, and their great wings allow them to soar with the eagles. Sylphs can fly 25 yards + 5 x their dexterity per round. Sylphs are believed to be an offshoot branch of the sidhe, winged rulers of the Dreaming, controllers of the weather and the great birds of the mountains. Sylphs are loners, content to soar the skies with the eagles. They care little for the machinations and politics of "ground folk", and they rarely interfere with changeling society. Like trolls, sylphs hold their word of honor to be inviolate, and once sworn to protect something, they will defend it to (or even past) their death.

Childlings sylphs are timid and flighty. They rarely associate with others, but when they do, they usually form bonds that last for life. They are called Cherubs by the rest of changeling society. Wilder sylphs are intense and direct, like the birds of prey they resemble. They soar endlessly through the skies, looking for something to attract their interests and allow them to prove their worth

www.crystalinks.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Maybe there are alien visiting Earth and the authorities are divulging this information because they have finally discovered that the aliens are nothing more the inbred gibbering idiots devolved from the ancestors who built their remarkable machines.

Maybe they are the equivalent of ageing hippy stoners travelling in VW minibuses.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggystar60

Ziggy, thanks for translating this report. Now what was the final conclusion? A smoke ring or a UFO?

Cheers!

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

As Kandinsky pointed out: more probably an overdeveloped steam ring.

The best candidate smoke and steam blower proved to be the chimney of a plant at Odshøjvej, which is only about 320 m (350 yards) east-southeast of where the witness stood when he took his picture. In fact, had he turned his camera a little to the right, the top of the chimney would have been visible in the photo.

www.caelestia.be...

[edit on 1/31/2009 by Phage]

[edit on 2/1/2009 by Phage]

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Some might tell you it was the Flying Spaghetti Monster.
He's Got his own religion you know

[edit on 1-2-2009 by FFSthinkpeople]

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   
I`ve studied this case some years ago and it resulted to be a heat cloud from a nearby factory or similar, as the report posted mentions.

I wonder why the witness kept telling "aircraft";didn´t he realize that it was a cloud?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join